rameshbabu.n

Xylo Servicing charges ....

Servicing charges for my Xylo/E8 are as under :

Ist Free Service    :  Rs 2,413/-  (13/06/09)

There were no problems.  Only the required

change of oils. 

IInd Free Service  :  Rs 1,614/-  (14/10/09)

One of the two horns not functioning properly.

Replaced free under warranty.  Oils changed.

This is for information of all the other Xylo owners.

Ramesh thanks for the information. Please also mention the kms covered.

Which all oils were changed in the first and second service?

Any other information you would like to share about the performance of your new MPV ?

First Free service - 5,000 km or 4 months ownership

Second Free service - 10,000 km or 8 months ownership

On both occasions, engine oil and differential oil is changed and charged. No labour charges.

After the first and second servicing, the car is now much smoother. Mileage has improved after the first service and I expect better mileage after the second service as well. I will let you know later. Currently, I am getting about 10 to 12 km in city and 15 to 16 on highways. I am very satisfied and happy with these figures. rameshbabu.n2009-10-17 17:17:30

15-16 kmpl on highways fantastic sir!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy motoring with your new xylo. I had a test drive of xylo before a month . The MUV was the tallest that i saw in this segment.The following are my TD experience Please read the thread link.Because you are one of the saitisfied xylo owner and you may be the right person to answer my queries

@ rki2007

I read your TD experience thru the link. What queries you have ?

As I said in my first posting here, the car is now much smoother (refer to your difficulty in changing gears...).

In addition to smoother gear shifts, the engine noise has also reduced. I was told by the service personnel that the vehicle shall be much better after the third service.

Not that I believe what the service guys say, especially if you consider that Xylo is my fourth vehicle. But having experienced the `smoothness' after the first and second services, I should start believing these guys.

So, let me wait and see...

Ya sir i agree after the 2nd,3rd and 4th services the car's performance, mileage, smoothness of the engine etc will improve. But the first impression that i got with the car is that it was really difficult to shift gears. I was literally facing difficuluties in changing gears.And the pick up in the 2nd and 3rd gear was less as compared with Innova or any other cars for that matter. What's your opinion on this?

@ rki2007

I agree that shifting gears in a new Xylo is tight when you compare it with that of any petrol driven sedan or a hatch.

I, too, had difficulty then while shifting from first to second gear or while using the reverse gear. But, after the two services gear shifting is as smooth as any car. On the pick up in the second and third gears, that purely depends upon your style of driving. I did not specifically verify this aspect. But, I see nothing wrong with the gear ratios in Xylo. I never felt that the second and third gears are under-powered or I am straining the 2.5 litre engine. This may also be due to the fact that I am driving cars for the last 24 years. Thus, I feel, it is more to do with your style of driving than with anything else.

First Free service - 5' date='000 km or 4 months ownership.         Second Free service - 10,000 km or 8 months ownership
On both occasions, engine oil and differential oil is changed and charged. No labour charges.[/quote']

But why was the Engine Oil and Differential Oil changed at 5,000kms and 10,000kms?

If I am correct then the Engine Oil needs replacement every 10,000kms, Differential Oil at 15,000kms and Transmission Oil at 20,000kms.

Did your Owner's Manual specify to replace Engine Oil and Differential Oil at both 5,000kms and 10,000kms interval?

BTW, you are getting nice Mileage. I am waiting to drive our very own one (Planning to buy E8-ABS even if its 18K costlier than E8-NonABS).

Lets see what happens.
sudeepd2009-10-19 09:37:10