creativebala

New Palio in 3-4 months

I dont think its a good idea. They should concentrate more on Linea and Punto now. They are promising products and not Palio, moreover Palio doesnt commands any value in the market too. Rather give good interiors(read quality) to punto. It will be Flop show.

I thin they needed a car to compete in 3.5 to 4.5 lakhs because that is a really hot market, looking at how i10 is selling. Though it will not be a runaway hit, 2500 pm might  be the target, with the diesel being its usp

This upgrade should have come atleast half a decade ago!

Punto has also got an upgrade abroad, wonder when will that hit India! Waiting for another half a decade would not be a good idea!

Though i love the Palio, i think Fiat needs to give it better petrol engines- 1.1 was underpowered 1.6 was for enthusiasts, i think they need a 1.2 ( not the Punto one) which could match the 1.2 Kappa, 1.2 KB in Ritz to sell in decent nos. Though the 1.3 MJD might sell in better nos. But i seriously think Fiat is missing a 1.2 with mix of power and efficiency!

Though i love the Palio' date=' i think Fiat needs to give it better petrol engines- 1.1 was underpowered 1.6 was for enthusiasts, i think they need a 1.2 ( not the Punto one) which could match the 1.2 Kappa, 1.2 KB in Ritz to sell in decent nos. Though the 1.3 MJD might sell in better nos. But i seriously think Fiat is missing a 1.2 with mix of power and efficiency! [/quote']

I think you are right they need better petrol engine for power and FE and also much more better interiors.

Palio is almost dead now. Customers are looking for new cars in the market. Fiat should better stop producing it.

In what way, do you think Palio MJD is worse than a say Indica/ WagonR

Its not that the Car is Dead, but they killed it by poor Marketing.

Even today, Palio looks hot, spacious, FE(MJD), Cheap, Build like tank, ergonomic, sporty, superb suspension and is way better than

Indica/wagon R/Estilo/ Santro/ Aveo/ A*/Logan(looks)

Ya it has its own USP and not that bad a car, but yes its now dead and Punto and Linea are reviving the fortune of Fiat and people are trusting them slowly, again re-intro of Palio might prove bad for Fiat as with that car only Fiat gave away and people were disappointed with it. I still feel there is no use of reviving this car. Instead get a completely new car or atleast do a Major facelift which would hide the identity of Palio and give it a new name.

The palio still has Mjd but its sales are really really bad, so no use of trying it again.

Going thru d pic it looks really gud...

D car shud hv been launched even before the linea car...

And yes they shud give it a fiat engine provided in maruti swift instead of a confusing choice of 1.1l and 1.6l...

Bringing the new Palio to India will not help Fiat to improve its sales figures. It is very old now and actually Palio is a big hatch back that is not suited for mating with a 1.1litre or 1.2 litre engine. The 1.6 or atleast the 1.4 Fire engine will be the best match for it. It will be better for Fiat to concentrate on Punto and Linea and rectifying the problems that these models are facing now ie. power and plastics quality. Hope the service is better now. Another product they can bring to India is the new Palio Adventure with 1.9Multijet and price between 8-10Lakhs can fetch some good numbers.

fiat-palio-weekend-adventure-locker-2008

If sold as Adventure' date=' it may sell well but if sold as PALIO adventue, it will be a disaster.

Is it just me or are the lights straight out of crysler 300?

[/quote']

You are right. Naming it Palio Adventure will be a flop if they launch it in India. Adventure will be the best name for it. I feel it can offer good competition to Scorpio and even to Innova to certain level. Bringing such aggressive looking products can improve the brand image of Fiat in India.

Brazil is the luckiest market to get all the good models from Fiat. But the price there is unbelievable. The base model of  Linea 1.9 Flex costs more than Rs.25Lakhs and 1.4 Punto Flex base model costs more than Rs.17Lakhs smiley18.gif

If Palio adventure can be made into a 7 seater' date=' its a sure shot winner[/quote']

If palio is made into a 7 seater, it is sure shot MEsmiley36.gif

Palio cant be made into a 7 seater, it a hatchback.

Or were you referring to the adventure? I dont think it needs to be a 7 seater to succeed. The earlier model was a station wagon. The new one looks like an SUV. that will be reason enough for people to buy it.

Wont the adventure cannabalise the safari's sales?

winner48
Intermediate License
2_star_rating.gif

@ Mods
I want a Special Licence

Thats a good demand buddy. I wonder what is the eligibility for a "Special License"

Anyway it is not the number of posts that matters. I guess the only way to get a Special License is to offer a lifelong subscription of the Autocar Magazine. smiley2.gif

@ Mods: Good marketing technique.smiley32.gif

Actually the third raw seats are not vey useful in the Indian way of usage because in most of the 7 seaters the third raw seats are cramped and bumpy ride at the back especially on rural Indian roads. In India we consider seats are for adults and children can sit on laps of adults. But in other countries the third raw seats are used to seat children with child restraint systems and adults or bigger children who does not need any restraint systems can use the front two raws. For that purpose the normal 7 seaters are perfect.