sudeepd

What if Brand New Vehicle is run at higher RPMs?

I request MODs to keep the Off-Topic part since it is intentionally posted.smiley1.gif

First some Off-Topic introduction (This might help to know the background of Vehicle Usage after Purchase)--

As my profile indicates, we are Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Co. Ltd. Electrical Contractors. We undertake works of Erection-cum-Supply of MSEDCL Substations at various places. At most places, the substations are to be erected in rural areas and as such the roads are not suitable for Sedans. Our both Indigos' belly scrapped many times (even with Ground Clearance of 165mm). So we need a MUV for "visiting/delivering some (Not Allsmiley36.gif) materials" at those Sites of MSEDCL Sub-Stations during the work is being carried.

First we thought of buying Bolero as our budget was limited to 6.5-7.0 lakhs. But later we changed our decision and now going for Xylo since we want to use that MUV for occassional Family Tours. And I did not like the DI Engine and Side Facing Third Row Seats of Bolero. (I know we have to increase our budget and we did the same.)

Now the On-Topic Part Follows--

We are planning to buy Mahindra Xylo E8-ABS within next 8-10 days.

We live in Solapur (Maharashtra). I have a doubt that if we buy the Xylo from Local Mahindra Dealer, would the MUV be brought to Solapur by driving or by Transport. If its brought by driving, would not the driver drive the car at higher speeds more than recommended for first 1000kms (e.g 100-120kph) and with frequent acceleration, gearshifts, and braking since that car is not his own.smiley7.gif

Is it OK to drive in such rash manner in MODERN Engines?smiley5.gif

Or should we buy it from a Pune Dealer (I guess the Mahindra Plant is nearby Pune) since he must not have driven the car harshly?

After purchase, the car would be used as per Mahindra Recommended Speeds (if I use it for first 1000kms. Most Probably I would).

Please clear my doubts as soon as possible as we have to carry out the loan and other procedures.

And I hope the answer to this thread will help many Prospective Buyers of Brand New Modern Vehicles.

Experts, Please enlighten this thread with Valuable Information since this thread will help many other Readers (not alone me. Experts avoid answering my queries more often since I ask only for myself. So requesting them Politely, From Heart to answer this thread to benefit others too).
sudeepd2009-10-19 14:24:21

MODs,

Please dont delete this topic. This topic was created at 6:57 pm. I posted this topic first and accidently clicked on Submit Button Twice. So identical topic got created.

Please delete the identical topic which was created at 7:12 pm.

Thanks.

Sorry for Inonvenience Caused.

smiley29.gif..... i am really confused... which topic you want deleated and which you want to keep....

anyways...

about your querry...i think it is highly not recomended... but i drove my car on the first week of its purchace for about 350kms and i drove as anyone would on a really good highway-100-110km/hr but no problems at all..(bought our car in feb.)

ps- i am not recomending you to do this, i am just shareing my experience...

@ sudeepd

Do not worry dear. You would not damage the new car if you drive long distances. I asked Mahindra Technical guys at Nashik plant before I took delivery of my Xylo E8 on 16.02.2009 evening at Hyderabad and drove it all the way to Tirupati on 18.02.2009, a distance of close to 600 kilometres with only two half-hour breaks on the way. The only condition given by the Nashik Team for that long drive are : 1. Do not cross the 2000 RPM 2. Do not drive at speeds exceeding 80 kmph and 3. Give at least 2 small breaks (of at least 15 minutes each). Thats all.

I did follow their advice and there is absolutely nothing to worry about. Unlike the old generation cars, these new gen vehicles are more mature to take that sort of long drives very early in their life cycle. See that you maintain the tyre pressure as recommended, keep your ears open for any deviations and keep a strict vigil on the dash board to see that there are no alarms and indications which may warn you that something is amiss. To ensure this, I did not take out the vehicle on 17.02.2009 and read the entire manual (a bulky one at that) before I started on my 600-km drive. So, do not worry and enjoy your first long drive.      rameshbabu.n2009-10-19 16:51:54

Thanks Mr. Rameshbabu for your valuable advice and your wishes.

But like I had already mentioned that if we buy the car from the Solapur Dealer, he would ask his driver to bring the car driving from Pune to Solapur (a distance of around 250-300kms). I would have no issue if the dealer's driver FOLLOW THE SPEED LIMIT OF 80 KPH (2000RPM) while bringing the car to Solapur.

If the driver act Stupidly and drive the car at speeds in excess of 100-120kph, it would strain the Engine and also the friction would be more.

Also While overtaking he would use the lower gear up to 3000-3500rpm. This again will have adverse effects on the NEW Engine.

So what do you suggest?

I am not sure whether the car would be brought to Solapur by Transport (Cargo) or by driving all the way at speeds in excess of 120kph, frequent acceleration, gearshifts, braking.smiley6.gifsmiley7.gif

Thanks Mr. Rameshbabu for your valuable advice and your wishes.

But like I had already mentioned that if we buy the car from the Solapur Dealer' date=' he would ask his driver to bring the car driving from Pune to Solapur (a distance of around 250-300kms). I would have no issue if the dealer's driver FOLLOW THE SPEED LIMIT OF 80 KPH (2000RPM) while bringing the car to Solapur.

If the driver act Stupidly and drive the car at speeds in excess of 100-120kph, it would strain the Engine and also the friction would be more.

Also While overtaking he would use the lower gear up to 3000-3500rpm. This again will have adverse effects on the NEW Engine.

So what do you suggest?

I am not sure whether the car would be brought to Solapur by Transport (Cargo) or by driving all the way at speeds in excess of 120kph, frequent acceleration, gearshifts, braking.smiley6.gifsmiley7.gif
[/quote']

Simple solution to your problem :  As the distance is less than 300 km, why don't you go there and get the vehicle yourself.  If you do not know how to drive, take a known driver there and get the new vehicle as per your choice.   Forget about the showroom's drivers who may (or may not) drive the new vehicle as per your wishes.  300km is hardly any distance to worry. 

The Dealer is to going to bring the car driving the Xylo all the way from Nasik to Solapur, a distance of around 400-450kms.

Initially the Dealer promised me to bring the car by Transport and not by driving. But later the Sales Manager told me that the car is being brought by driving.

When I complained to the Mahindra Xyloline at 09935066006, the Customer Care scolded the Dealer (Gandhi Motors, Solapur). And when my dad called the Dealer to know the Status of the delivery, the latter asked my dad "Sir, why did you complain to Mahindra about us"?

My Dad scolded me for complaining to Mahindra and warned me not to complain against the dealer or else he will not give good after-sales service.

Because of the ****** Dealer, my dad scolded me for the mistake I did not do.

I hope Mahindra comes to know about this and they take suitable action on this matter.

Thats like compelling an infant to walk like a 20 year old! New engines must be treated as infants and older engines reworked or redone are like heart bypass patients after the surgery who also need to be handled with due care.

Thats like compelling an infant to walk like a 20 year old! New engines must be treated as infants.

Who will tell this to the Indian Dealers?

Anyways, I think the car will get delivered by tomorrow. I will update if the same is true.

Congratulations in advance sudeepd firstly for the yet to arrive Xylo E8. Appears you have posted pre-delivery woes.Your Indigo had post delivery usage woes mainly pertaining to the dealer. Now this one has started posing problems even before its delivery.Lets hope its ownership is a pleasure with you and does not prompt you to post threads of woes.

One thing the selection of vehicles and intended purpose is not correct. You'd ideally need a pick up for such duties. My suggestion if it's meant for personal and also commercial use why don't you go in for the Xenon or the Getaway. These will suit your commercial and personal use purpose and can take a fair to good amount of abuse. Xylo is a MUV with a fixed 3rd row seat that can't be removed; and with all the electrical equipment that you may carry, the ladies would find the interiors too "shocking" to be used as family transport. Give it a thought.

Thanks DD for your advice.

But my family members would not like the Xenon or Getaway when taken for outdoor family trips.

I had another option of Sumo Grande in my mind. But ruled it out since the Tata Customer Care too is like their Dealers and Service Centers.

So finalised on Xylo.

Since you mentioned Xenon and Getaway, I would like to mention that earlier we were to buy Bolero. But afterwards my dad changed mind and decided to buy Xylo (I think he too did want to go in Bolero. So the Xenon and Getaway were out of the race for the identical reasons.)

@Anjan

Thanks.

Appears you have posted pre-delivery woes.Your Indigo had post delivery usage woes mainly pertaining to the dealer. Now this one has started posing problems even before its delivery.Lets hope its ownership is a pleasure with you and does not prompt you to post threads of woes.

Dont worry about this. When I complained to the Mahindra Xyloline-(09935066006) and said "Initially the Sales Executive promised me to bring the vehicle by transport and not driving. But now they are bringing the vehicle by driving and giving false information that the Trailer has brokedown and hence we have to bring the vehicle by driving. blah blah blah blah".

The upper officials immediately scolded the dealer regarding the same and I got a call from the SE asking "Sir, why did you complain that we are bringing the vehicle by driving".

So I am assured that Xyloline will take Suitable Actions if I complain against Poor After-Sales Service of the Dealer.

I liked the Response of Mahindra & Mahindra Customer Care.

Hope Tata Motors Ltd. will learn from them.

So Guys, if you have any problems regarding your Xylos (I dont know whether this number is for other M&M vehicles too), feel free to contact at the above mentioned number. Also there is TollFree number too-18001026006.
sudeepd2009-11-06 14:49:52