hector0285

how much for skoda fabia....

the top model might be in that range but i suppose the price of the fabia will be slightly less than that... maybe 6 lakhs for the base diesel ... anything more than that will be slightly tooo expensive

yeah the test car shown on the AUTO SHOW of CNBC TV 18 was said to be priced from about Rs 5.75 lakhs onwards if I m not wrong. But the car's looks are not that appealing to the eye. Mind you, since its a German car one expects a much better Euro design vis a vis those from the far east (  Jap and S.Korea)

Even I was waiting for the Fabia but after learning that the ABS,airbag and alloy wheel P will come at around 6.5 ex-showroom then is very expensive specially in Mumbai the ex-showroom price of Swift ZXi is 5.28 lakhs ,the on road goes all the way to 5.85lakhs and the dealer makes it at 6.22lakhs come on the ex-showroom is just fooling price the real is a lakhs over it or else if I would have been in Delhi then the dealer price is 5.65lakhs for ZXi and I wouls have been driving it.

fabia diesel pricing is one of the key aspects ...i think ny pricing it between the swift  D and the GETZ d they would be abole to pull the sales well...anything above the price of getz diesel would be harmful for the sales of the vehicle

its some where near 6 lacs ex showroom to 7 lacs ex showroom but first let it be launched it was been longly awaited from 2 years now.

i think its been the most awaited hatch-back for a lot more yrs than that... i remember autocar india magazine showing that it's gonna come up the next yr quite a few yrs ago

yeah the test car shown on the AUTO SHOW of CNBC TV 18 was said to be priced from about Rs 5.75 lakhs onwards if I m not wrong. But the car's looks are not that appealing to the eye. Mind you' date=' since its a German car one expects a much better Euro design vis a vis those from the far east (? Jap and S.Korea)

[/quote']

i feel that, the shoulb be very stylish, since its desing is said to be "Suzuki SWIFT INSPIRED", hehe.... smiley36.gif and swift is a japanese.... smiley15.gifsmiley36.gif

I've heard that it's gonna be between 5.5 to 7..

Hope Skoda doesn't mess this up like they did with the Laura pricing it WAY more than it's supposed to be then drop the price with a lesser spec model..

as far as i know, skoda is not a big brand worldwide. in india, they have high brand value, because, its first launch was octavia, which was then the best diesel available in its segment(or rather the only diesel.). and hence was a great success.

octavia feels to be a very good car even now.

but heard that the reliability of octavias are lower (only minor issues) than hondas or toyotas. but its build quality is very good

agree pricing will be at a premium

we need to get over our boot obsession in India

a well built and engineered hatch is much better than

a poorly engineered sedan

and the boot is not really that practical

large hatches like the fabia have enough bootspace and are easy to park as well - and that is becoming increasingly important

Skoda will price it at a premium - but are indian customers savvy enough yet ?

the cost of the car is definitely going to be more than the getz and the swift diesel. if its not much higher than the swift, then it will be worth the money because it's expected to have never-before-seen in this segment interiors. but it is still going to be slightly under-powered.