Vish_Sethi

Jazz Or i20??

Regarding my issue can you tell me how much f.e. will be affected due to an automatic trans.?? A 1.4l petrol i20 is already low on f.e.! Maybe i20 has two variants but both of them lack punch in their performance... I read about Jazz 1.5l' date=' it would a perfect car but the price shouldn't be less than 8-9 lacs and thats too much.[/quote']

?

Actually not much, the drop in FE is usually 1-2km/ltr.

?

Honda would introduce 1.5L Jazz, maybe at Auto Expo. 2010 but keep in mind, the price shall be higher than 1.2L.

?

?

1-2 is no problem...btw thanx

You know what this thing's still there in a society that a sedan is a sedan' date=' a hatch cant match its status...so this factor also has a good amount of effect on everyone's mentality...

I still hear it from people,'lambi gaddi lena'smiley36.gif[/quote']

Yes, I agree that such a mentallity exists in the soceity, but I also feel that it is changing gradually. The success of i20 clearly is an example for this. There is a whole segment of sedans which are priced at par with i20 or nearby like dzire, manza, ikon etc. but i20 is still selling 3000-4000 units a month, which means that people are not blindly going for "lambi gaadi"but for what suits their requirement.

Although you dont need a diesel, a diesel i20 wont be a bad option. It has the power too. If you are stuck on petrol drop i20, and go for Jazz. The only other option that you have is the Ford Fusion, but thats not a good option according to me.

Wait for Polo from VW to be launched if you are looking for hatch

Polo engine option's have been firmed up by VW, according to ACI, 2 petrol's and one diesel. Petrol's are 1.2 reworked for better driveability and wee bit more power and also, hold your breath a 1.6 lit petrol. Diesel is a 1.2 TDI unit developing something like 74 bhp. Source: Today's (21.10.09) 'The Hindu'. But Polo will be a strict 4 seater I guess and a third in the backseat will be a squeeze. Can't be suggested for a family of 5.