jobish

Spare parts problem with Fiat....

Fiat is not learning from their mistakes, I am waiting for a part called Clutch Pipe for my Palio for the last 3 Months....

Even my friends who bought recently launched Linea is having spare parts problem... :-(

Shame on you Fiat...

I am a die hard Fiat fan, they make great cars and sleeps on that. I have faced spare parts issues many times in the last 8 yrs. If you can live with that go for a Fiat otherwise a BIG NO to fiat...

I won't buy fiat again...but when ever i start driving my palio i forget everything (lucky fiat)

I would not listen to predator for sure, i have seen him posting scraps on the forum previously.

As per spares are concern, I know its difficult to get spares for Palio as niether FIAT Spa nor FIAPL India is taking complete ownership of the product. Its FIAT Spa, that provides the parts for palio and since not much of localisation was available for Palio, the availability of Palio parts are hard. On the other hand both Linea and Punto have used heavy localisation and the vendors for TATA came into picture, thus i am sure the availability of parts for these to cars would not be very hard. Initially it might take few months to have most of the common parts available at dearler end, but there on it should not be much of trouble. And since punto and linea has many things in common, it makes much easy for dealers to maintian the spares. Fiat is turning all the corner stones this time to ensure that they meet the expectations, we have seen on tbhp where there are reports of Fiat personal comming specially to check the cars with specific problem, or taking cars to BASF paint house to get exact color match.

I have never seen maruti, hyundai or others to put such a force behind customer satisfaction. Make a trust on them, they have a lot more on stake this time.

What will be your second choice?

Punto is actually a car in Fabia's league.

if you want to understand the difference consider this,

Dezire is a booted Swift & Linea is a booted Punto

Is Desire & Linea comparable? never

Punto takes you safe even @ 150 kmph, behaves like a sedan, looks like maseratti, roars like a ferrari.

Punto does 150 kmph!?! I really don't know what's with you guy's; you have been had by FIAT many time's and still you flock asking for more and come right back and complain FIAT doesn't stock brake pads and clutch plate's and have been asked to go to Italy for the same. This is called "S&M". I think you guy's like being whipped and spanked and tied up in black leather upside down by FIAT, fine have it your way.

Right DD,  Some enjoy getting whopped time & again!smiley36.gif

Punto could do 150 comfortably with Lineas power or 1.6L diesel.

Newer Marutis like Swift, etc. are adequately safe.

You sure weren't kidding when you said - "Punto is actually a car in Fabia's league".

I actually meant it highway handing ability

Punto could do 150 comfortably with Lineas power or 1.6L diesel.

Newer Marutis like Swift' date=' etc. are adequately safe.

[/quote']

The topic here is not whether one can do 150 in Punto but will he be safer in such speed on a Punto compared to Swift.

Punto is safer than a Swift anyday

The topic here is not whether one can do 150 in Punto but will he be safer in such speed on a Punto compared to Swift.

Punto is safer than a Swift anyday

D o you have any facts to support your statement?

For detailed info. on what is safer or not, please refer to:

Euroncap.com

Check out the crash tests carried out there along with safety ratings, then come back for more discussions.

hey dude.....u can blame fiat in case of spares availability and short of dealers.all they need is some valuable time period to establish. this italian giant have the heart to make cars which better fits to our road conditions.say it top notch ride and handling,heavy suspension.one can never dare to argue with this point. smiley32.gif