creativebala

VW Polo sedan, beware Linea

VW_Polo_Sedan-3.JPG

VW_Polo_Sedan-1.JPG

This is the SPY pics of New VW Polo sedan to be on Indian Roads in end of 2010

The flow of lines are so PERFECT, seems a perfect sedan (just behind Linea)

Seems to be as bold as an Octavia, a good diesel will make this sell like hot cakes

So I hope this news wakes up Hyundai to make a good sedan.
creativebala2009-10-24 21:57:42

A Volks Wagen Polo sedan with a diesel engine can be a threat to even the Honda City. Hope we will get the latest Common Rail Diesel also.VW will definitely storm the market with their inherent superior build quality and aggressive pricing strategy for the Indian market.  I feel that they have done a very good market research unlike some other companies. It is really appreciable that they are even ready to price the Polo hatch in the 4 lakhs range starting price. Honda has to learn a lot from VW in pricing. jimgeo2009-10-25 01:18:21

I dont see it reaching to india before 2012 atleast. VW has yet to do a lot more to get into indian market, its dealer network is very small and if it has to sell cars for mass market then it needs a bigger dealer framework and a better brand recognition in mass. Hence I see minimum of 3 years of time before it could make its way into india.

City will be the biggest looser and this will force Honda to climb down from its last high horse.

Linea etc., will be impacted only if Polo Sedan is priced lower and closer to Linea etc.

One common aspect I observed in all automobile fora is that Fiat Linea is being compared, and even polls conducted, with more expensive and leading sedans!  Linea vs ANHC, Linea vs VW Polo sedan, Linea vs Manza...This comparison of Linea with the market leader/leading brands itself shows that Fiat Linea is becoming more and more popular in India.

its getting more and more complicated here in sedan category too, heat from hatch market is also affecting sedans. and too keep the identity alive in such congested market, manufacturers are choosing their existing model/brand names for new cars. just like swift sedan (dzire), indigo vista (now named manza), polo sedan.

another thing I've been noticing that Linea has been such hype in the market, though everyone is talking and shouting about it, its sales figures doesn't support its success in indian market yet. I am not saying that its a very bad selling model, but its sell is not that mind blowing or record breaking. its just selling in decent numbers, and largely because of its proven 1.3 MJD engine and competitive pricing.

now the thing, which is making this Linea comparable to ANHC and other higher ( costlier ) cars is not its features or performance, but the lack of options for buyers in this category. very few options, and those are available are too old to get buyers excited.

we can imagine it like an example such as: suppose we have only a spark, Ritz and Fabia available in our hatch market ( and not any other single car, just for imagine), now the buyers has little choices to go for, he will certainly compare the available options and now he will start comparing spark with Ritz and Fabia ( which is not correct ), this is the same case here with linea and tht segment

its sales figures doesn't support its success in indian market yet. I am not saying that its a very bad selling model' date=' but its sell is not that mind blowing or record breaking.[/quote']

The current slow down on Linea could be the news of its Engine Upgrade.

I think, many would wait for the new engine, the new engine, though marginally pricy, could be Sporty and bear Better Resale

hope so, but that will increase the cost by atleast 50k and mileage figures by around 10-20%, which will make things difficult for fiat (as people swear upon its mileage figures and its biggest reason behind its decent sales figures)

After the launch of Fiat Linea,I think its the best & most exciting sedan coming to India in the next coming year..

It'll definitely feature the best in class rear seat space amongst its segment,just check out its Rear seat bench base & legroom, As visible from the pics. iIt seems to be similar to the Tata Manza.

And Likely to be introduced in it'll be the VW's famous 4-cylinder,1.6 litre Common-rail Turbodiesel engine which is currently powering the new-gen Polo in Sardinia alongwith the HOTTEST 1.2 TSi petrol.

Alongwith VW's aggressive pricing stratergy for the India this'll definitely shake the executive sedan segment here alongwith other nearby segments to face the heat too. .

Beware Verna,ANHC,etc..........

Yes obviously better than these. May be extended polo with same front and lines. Will be good competition for City SX4 and fiesta.

Is the golf coming to india? I heard that golf sedan is heading to india?

sb-alto2010-01-04 18:36:50

The above pictures are of the previous generation Polo Classic. This car has great similarities with the Fiat Petra from the back. The one coming to India is an entirely different new model.

fiat_petra_ext6.jpg

jimgeo2010-01-05 04:03:35