cartoos

Fiat Bravo coming soon ?

Today evening I went out for a walk, and I happened to meet the Fiat sales manager of Kulathunkal Motors Trivandrum, in front of the dealership as he was overseeing the preparations of some event they are hosting tomorrow onwards.

I casually asked him about the booking status of the Linea, which I booked yesterday. By the way, this is my second booking I am making since September-'09 (First the Punto and now the Linea)

He said Linea may be delayed a little more than usual, because they are facing some production glitches this month, and the reason is - Fiat Bravo production has been started!! Clapping.gif He said that personnel will be called in from dealerships to attend the Bravo trainings which are soon to be started.

The prices of Localized Bravo will be less than 10L, while the CBUs were too costly and so they were only meant for hard-core fans or enthusiasts.

I am not 100% sure about the authenticity of this news, but if it is true, it is definitely a good news, as Fiat seems to be hastily tightening their grip in India.

Anyone in here has more information on this?

Source: Team Bhp

I think, with 1.6L linea around the corners, Fiat can produce this car with same engine. I think, it will share many components with Linea/Punto too. So making it locally and pitching it against Jazz will yield good result.

When Fiat introduce Palio in India, it was first of its kind and similar will be the case with Bravo too.

Bravo south of 10L is a good recipie for Indian Auto Enthus. But I doubt will Fiat do this so soon. First they should build their brand, then should bring Bravo.(Can't imagine broken plastics & biiiiiig panel gaps in Bravo)

I dont think FIAT willl take so much of pain in building up a luxrious hatch at this point of time. It is yet to set up its base and in house right. CAR like Fiat 500 didnt to do much good for them in making a image icon. As majority of Indians dont know about 500 similarly neither they are aware of Bravo or any such car. (only few hundered or thousands read arround internet in india, and most of readers are auto enthus and not really buyer of the product)

What i see the next steps from FIAT is to try to build trust about its products and good services. FIAT FIRST is one such step, they are doing some good things and I feel really excited by there attitude, they are trying to turn all stones in right direction, and belive me its gonna 100 times harder for them after the kind of repo they have currently in India. so instead of expanding product mix at this time when they just came up with 2 models in less than 1 year, there focus should be building the customer base and repo atleast for next 2 -3 years, mean while they can improve upon the product based on the customers feedback. Once they find that they have ample cusion for bringing other products, then they can try that.

Also looking at where honda jazz has landed up, i dont expect FIAT to make  even 5% of that if they bring in any hatchback thats priced higher than Jazz

In my opinion, Fiat is making India a base for their best models to export these cars to sell in India and those countries where right hand driving is like South Africa, Australia and among other countries.

They are not going loose anything this time because they are not producing anything here like they used to produce earlier for developing countries,

Mind it, Italians are very shrewed business people, they failed last time because of problem of finance at its core.

Fiat is smart enough to realize that Indian market will not be a huge market for them. I doubt they are expecting big numbers with the car.

I personally think that if its sold under 10L, it would be a good buy. Obviously, for those who can afford it.

Why do you think so if made in India ?' date=' have any reasons ?[/quote']

Yes, it will not be built in India, it will be a CKD or complete knocked-down kit.

It costs about 9 lakhs abroad, so add duties of the kit, freight charges etc etc and you are getting close to 13 lakhs.

Bravo cant do much sales even if it is manufactured in India and priced below 10 Lakhs since it is a hatchback. Its fate will be worse than that of Jazz which hails from a better family in an ordinary Indian's perspective. Fiat can use India as an export hub like Hyundai did for i20. The most important  and urgent thing for Fiat is to gather the trust of the Indian customers in terms of their A.S.S and better fit and finish. They should prioritise these things rather than messing up with launching Bravo.

Mr. Jimgeo, they are making car to export to your country. Why people are after A.S.S. without owning Fiat cars. Finish in cars is good enough and better than many for the that kind of price.

Please people don't comment on anything to berate Fiat without substantial knowledge.

Mr. Jimgeo' date=' they are making car to export to your country. Why people are after A.S.S. without owning Fiat cars. Finish in cars is good enough and better than many for the that kind of price.

Please people don't comment on anything to berate Fiat without substantial knowledge.
[/quote']

Mr. Cartoos I am not an Australian. I am proud of being an Indian and thats why I am in this forum.

How can you say that I dont own a Fiat? I am still the registered owner of a 2004 Fiat Petra D in India. My family had a 2002Palio and a 1997 Uno earlier. My grandpa had a Premier Padmini too.One of my uncles own a Linea also. Are all these cars enough for me to comment on Fiat? I know what is Fiat car and what was their A.S.S. earlier. Now also I can understand the quality of Fiat A.S.S from the various posts in this forum. I feel I have more experience with Fiat cars than you. So don't measure my relation with Fiat on a very small time scale that you measure yourself with the ownership of the recently launched Linea only.

Fiat cars are very good and I love them even if they have all the above mentioned problems. Actually Fiat cars are like garlands in the hands of monkeys(not the owners but the marketing and service people) and they dont know how great their cars are.