vineet

I30 in Nov??

Guys read this very interesting news on Web(AutoGL) today.

Anyone has any idea?

Hyundai i30 India Hyundai i30 Launch

Hyundai i30 is one of the most anticipated car launches from Hyundai in India.Hyundai i30, the C-Segment premium car is expected to be launched in India by the end of 2009 .The Hyundai i30 will be available in both petrol and diesel versions.
Hyundai has invested heavily into expanding its production capacity and the dealer network. The success of Hyundai i30 will most definitely be bolstered by Hyundai

I saw a couple of these running around in Perth a few months back. Looks good but nothing extraordinary. Seems like a great car though.

More than 8Lacs and it will be in Honda City category. When the new versions of Fiesta, Verna etc. arrive they would be priced near about there too.

Wonder how it would fare against those cars and the Indian 'BIG CAR' mindset!!

wow great looking car...but i dont see much difference when compared with i20 because all the features are almost same though it has slightly more power and torque...

Guys i guess i40 will come in saloon type with more power and additional features... so cant we also discuss more about i40 also?

Errr, how come we havent seen even one test mule of this ??? I dont think launch is anytime around . I also dont see it priced around 8 lac mark, i20 crdi is already priced close to 8 lac mark. They are better off bringing saloon to replace Verna.

Something wrong with the tech. specs; even the i20 1.4 petrol make's 100 bhp and has similar torque figure's mentioned above. Why would any one pay upwards of say 12 lakhs for a 85 bhp Hyundai? It can't be priced as low as 8 lakh's for the i20 1.4 petrol cost 8.3 to 8.5 lakhs otr Chennai. It'll be priced between 10-12 lakhs and engine option's will be atleast 1.8 liter and up for petrol and 2.0 liter for diesel. Hyundai may also bring it's 2.0 GDI engine's; that may turn out to be a coup of sort's.

Quote: automobile.com: "according to Hyundai the new crossover, which integrates the brand

Look at the length of the car. It is not here to sell but basically to show India of Hyundai's capabilities.It will start at the price of the i20 automatic. Case taken from the point that i10 AT and i20 base are similarly priced. Though the engine is very different but this is what I expect(hope). We shall hopefully soon see a sedan  based on this car.

Look at the length of the car. It is not here to sell but basically to show India of Hyundai's capabilities.It will start at the price of the i20 automatic.

No offence, but if they want to go the Fiat 500 way and show their capabilities they are better off displaying it in the Auto Expo. Its an awesome hatch no doubt but it just doesnt fit the bill for our roads.

i30 seems to be a interesting car, somewhat like the SRV but this time around the market has already been primed by the likes of Fabia & Jazz.

Both interiors & exteriors are very conventional, missing the modern panache but USP would be space & lots of it. A diesel motor would be a must have from the word Go.

Hyundai should work hard out to make this car exciting to drive & with good dynamic abilities thus moving away from their DNA of manufacturing un-exciting cars because the type of customer who would be vying for this would be an Auto enthusiast to say the least.

Pricing would be another moot point & Hyundai should even go the extent of cutting profit margins in the beginning because they shall be stepping into a new segment. A segment where sedans rule the roost!