Sign in to follow this  
PRANAB!!

Buying a merc C - class ?

do u like the new c class ?? if u want a three pointer go for an 2008 crystal light model much better than the current one , apart from all the technical pros and cons , u will get a mercedes spare part easily available in open market than BMW n Audi

I will go for the Honda Accord V6 or Skoda Superb V6. Mercedes maintenance  costs are perceived to be higher than the BMW and Audi which will still be higher than Honda and Skoda.

If he wishes to go just for the brand value then I would recommend BMW 3 series, as it is much better in almost every way, though all are stellar cars

Well...I would strongly advise your friend not to go for the Mercedes C-Class. My uncle owns one C220 CDI- tenorite grey.

1) There is no concept of free service for Mercedes Benz. My uncle was old that the service charge would be only about 10,000. Well, when it came to the actual service, they charged 30,000. Frankly speaking they themeselves did not know how they arrived at the figure. They put the figure and say that is the price. We had no option but pay. On the other hand I believe that BMW or Audi has a 3-year free service scheme or something of that sort. We came to know of all this from a family friend who bought a BMW at the same time that we bought the Merc.

2. The spare parts are hardly available even if we are ready to pay the exorbitant charges they put. The car has to be kept in the shed for weeks because of unavailability of spare parts. Even the dealers do not know when the spare parts will arrive and they make you run after the parts for a long time.

Well, these are the practical difficulties of owning a Mercedes Benz. I would suggest you to consider these things while buying this one.

Sajid