creativebala

Our PUNTO

fiat-punto1.jpg
Oflate, we have many Punto customers in ACI, let us have this thread to discuss anything on Punto, somewhat similar to "Welcome Linea" thread.

Post here your

feed backs/ ownership experience/ photos/ doubts on Punto

Do post here what are the accessories you upgrade to your Punto & what you are going to add. Also update the Mileage you got.

Lets start, Punto! Punto!! Punto!!!   all the way.

@creativebala, Thanks for starting this thread.

I'm a proud owner of a 1.4 punto emotion pack, Bossanova White. Have done around 3500 kms in 2 months. Have fitted the 205/55R15 Yokohama S Drive and a Remus sports exhaust. The handling of the car is superb and you can feel it while cornering in the ghat sections, which I frequently use.

The last time I did a trip of 700+ kms, some of it in the ghat section, I got a FE of 14.5kms.smiley20.gif

However, the clutch is a bit hard and during the 1st service at 3k kms the dealer tried to rectify it by bleeding the cylinder but it did not help much. Have to take it back again for adjustment.

@rangc and other Punto 1.4P owners.

According to the ACi mag, the car takes about 17 secs to reach 100 and about 20 secs to go from 40 to 100 in 4th gear.

Does it feel underpowered to you? And has there been an increase in power after the first service?

@asethi

I felt the power increase after fitting the Remus exhaust. Never have I felt the engine to be underpowered in any of the gears. Even in the 3rd gear it takes off smoothly from around 15kmph.

@ vish sethi

As you have mentioned, I'm getting the alloys a new look with carbon black in metallic. The wheel arch, running board in metallic black. Might look like the ABARTH Punto!!smiley2.gif.

I own Punto 1.2L Petrol. Of course I should have gone for 1.4L for better power. I feel the clutch is too tight and Iam planning to loosen a little since there is a shuddering of the car while putting to upper gears while in speed .Even when I put to first gear a little hastly the car is shuddering but in I10 there is no such shuddering and the gears are too soft. But if I loosen the clutch will it affect the clutch plate and gears. for the windshield wiper fluid what are the norms. Should I go for DM water mixed with alittle soap to avoid scaling in side the pipes and better performance. I will upload My Punto's photo soon. Harikkuttan

in I10 there is no such shuddering and the gears are too soft. But if I loosen the clutch will it affect the clutch plate and gears. for the windshield wiper fluid what are the norms.

things should be ok when you complete say 3k kms, you will be well versed with the gearing also, and you wont feel its so sluggish too.

but comparing this marvel with an i10smiley13.gif

i wanted to buy a punto instead of a ritz , but one of the person i know sold his punto (he hardly used it for 1 month) for 4 lakhs , a jaw dropping 2 lakh ka ghata .

people here buy a vehical for long term and hence don't mind the resale value but some us change our cars in 6-8 months , and hence that will be a blow

i really liked punto, just hope that in next 6 months they can make a good image so the car gets a good resale value

sold his punto (he hardly used it for 1 month) for 4 lakhs ' date=' a jaw dropping 2 lakh ka ghata .

[/quote']

its not punto its fiat brand that give people nightmare , people have been attracted alot towards the new cars but it will still take lots of effort

sold his punto (he hardly used it for 1 month) for 4 lakhs ' date=' a jaw dropping 2 lakh ka ghata .

[/quote']

?

its not punto its fiat brand that give people nightmare , people have been attracted alot towards the new cars but it will still take lots of effort
True, Fiat is still in developing stages to develop a brand value. I wonder how you afford to change new cars every 6-8months...A gold mine in South Africa, may be... smiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gif

The main reason only few can do this is depreciation and white money...

@BS' date=' Punto is Sarabjeet's friend's car[/quote']
congrats ' date=' but feel sorry , u should have done a bit market research before buying it , i sold my 2009 march xylo E4 for 5,80,000 , i was strugling to sell it for 1 month , people use to call it "gale ki ghanti" , u have an ABS that good other wise xylo without ABS have braking problem[/quote']

Even sarabjeet sold his March 2009 Xylo.  I find people are changing their cars more frequently than I thought!  Now, I know why Indian automobile sales growth rate is more than US & other countries!

Ok Bala I also consider like this. After some 3k Km it would be more used to. Iam not comparing  Punto with i1, only I wanted to mention the gear user friendly. U know all my friends were delighted to see Punto in my office campus. More than 100 people came to see Punto knowingly and may be more than that, but Iam not aware. Everybody liked the look, drive, interior and color. And mind it it is only Active model. They would have astonished if they have seen Emotion Pack. Please anyone  reply me regarding the wiper water and clutch tension and all 

Congo Harikkuttan. Well have to agree with you that Punto looks best in any variant, even that needs perfection. Almost all vehicles looks good only when they are top-end ones, there are only few which look good no matter what variant is, and from the very beginning when i was kid, i was concerned to looks with variants and always prefer to buy top-end or convert it into it with colored strips, handles, etc, etc, thus many small things matters. But Fiat even with the black grill looks good(i though it would look horrible) but after seeing both Linea and Punto i was impressed with Fiat more.

Do post some pics and review and which engine and color is it.