anjan_c2007

Spurious Engine Oils

smiley3.gifsmiley3.gifsmiley3.gifsmiley3.gifsmiley3.gifsmiley19.gifsmiley19.gifThe quantum of  spurious oils invading our markets are something alarming.Recently, while shopping for Castrol engine oil my old retailer, who has a huge business, was sceptical and told me that the market is flooded with spurious Castrol products. He said that neither we dealers nor buyers, who buy these fake oils can distinguish the real from the fake. The can packing is done very carefully to resemble the original. these may lose their viscosity earlier than scheduled and cause engine damage. Only when its time for a change, the solid residue from the fake oils, collect near the drain screw, making draining a tougher job. Chemicals are added to make used black oil look like new and then these are packed in genuine containers with a seal and that makes it look like a factory product.

Yeah Castrol needs to be told about it. friends we must all e mail them at

ContactUs@BP.com.Mr Rajan P Krishnan is their contact person. Castrol needs to salvage its reputation and get surprise checks conducted for testing the  genuineness of their motor oils.No way letting go the "adulteration experts" who are playing with the reputation of our most loved brand and also with our machines.

to be honest, i dont think there is a 100% reliable dealer and yes i guess many ( infact all ) dealers have started to use cheap oil... so there is no reliability / honesty anywhere... but yu can still buy it from Shell and refill it...

Friends the ContactUs@BP.com mails are bouncing. So I went to the website of www.castrolindia.com and went to their"Contact Us"forum and filled in the details. Thereafter I submitted the case about spurious Castrol products and requested them for some action on this front.

I think Castrol have had the problem of fakes for a long long time, and are quite aware of it. However, my feeling is that 90% of the faking is in Castrol. However, I have been using Castrol (Indrol for sometime) products happily for over 30 years!

A Castrol engineer has contacted me after the website complaint dated 10th Nov 2007, lodged for spurious Castrol products. He said that the complaint has reached the top management and also the Head of Operations for 48 countries that he controls.They are continuously on the job and are committed to each customer's genuine Castrol product requirements. He said that it is always advisable to contact the local Castrol company  office /representatives to know  the distributor/dealers who  sell only genuine  products.He stressed upon the fact that a little bit of care will ensure that customers will get only genuine products. Castrol according to him conducts surprise checks periodically and nabs producers of counterfeit products. So dudes if you love your machines do be careful about the genuineness of oils being used. That takes only a little bit of effort.

A Castrol engineer has contacted me after the website complaint dated 10th Nov 2007' date=' lodged for spurious Castrol products. He said that the complaint has reached the top management and also the Head of Operations for 48 countries that he controls.They are continuously on the job and are committed to each customer's genuine Castrol product requirements. He said that it is always advisable to contact the local Castrol company  office /representatives to know  the distributor/dealers who  sell only genuine  products.He stressed upon the fact that a little bit of care will ensure that customers will get only genuine products. Castrol according to him conducts surprise checks periodically and nabs producers of counterfeit products. So dudes if you love your machines do be careful about the genuineness of oils being used. That takes only a little bit of effort.

[/quote']

The engineer further said that they can help in supply of genuine oils for customers, should they require any such help. Irrespective of the quantity ( I told him that I am not a truck or taxi fleet operator) required, they are ready to help. This is because we may need a few litres, once every few months or so.