Sandy

Nissan Micra: Diesel bookings start(pg7)

It's a lot different to the A-star..I wonder how many feel it looks like the A-star..This is a much better car though' date=' especially in terms of quality that Maruti can never come close to..

[/quote']

We dont know about Nissan Quality. It is a Renault brand and we have already seen the quality in Logan.

Here is the rear of the car

2009_11_03_Nissan_March_X02A_real_3.jpg

2009_11_03_Nissan_March_X02A_real_4.jpg

2009_11_03_Nissan_March_X02A_real_5.jpg

@ Rahul: Nissan is not a Renault brand. They have collaborations in technology and design and it does not mean it is owned by Renault. Its just like Tata and Fiat tie up in India.

A Nissan is always better than than a Suzuki in quality, technology, volume of sales and resale value in international market. But the volume of initial sales in India will be very low as it has to establish its sales and service network and also has to create a good brand image in the Indian market.

The main connection between Nissan & Renault is, the CEO & the President of both companies is Carlos Ghosn.

The next connection being Renault has a stake of 44.4 percent in Nissan, while Nissan in turn has a 15 percent stake (non-voting) in Renault.
creativebala2009-11-05 03:53:02

The car doesnt looks exciting enough. I was waiting for this car but only its old model which looked cute and something different from what we have, but this looks like just another car so no more waiting for baby nissan.

Rear looks bad enough and front, a mixture from many cars, to me it also looks like copied from Yaris to some extent.

But, Nissan only now unvieled the new designing for Micra, so we have a production version pics so early. This looks almost same as the computerised pics of Micra.bluesapphire2009-11-05 04:04:14

for me, the sketch looked better with its punto like headlamps and mini like grill.the rear to is tooo simple. though from front three quarter the profile resembles to a-star.

@creativebala

the first pic. you posted seems that of fiat 500

These photos are neither cear nor confirmed. I am sure Nissan has more sense than launching a car that looks like this. And the production version probably looks better than this.

Lets hold off our opinion of the car till the time the production version photos are seen.

As per various sources the Nissan is coming with swift sized & swift beating product which will be more cheaper,frugal & better than it.

It actually seems to do so but its rear looks as shown in the pics(seems to be inspired from egg shell design) somewhat distracts from that goal & it seems it be hardly palatable for most of the Indian customers.

Rest, else can be said after it'll be showcased at the Auto Expo 2010 or after its launch.

But its definite that Nissan is coming with some new innovative & above the cult product.

I dont know about the girly part. Its looks are in the same lines as the Spark and people buy that car without feeling for it to be much girly. I think Micra will be a decent success considering how Nissan is such a new and exotic name to most (aka uneducated) buyers. Also, the ACI profile in this months mag says its tailor made for India.

Bala is right. In Europe and other countries wherever Micra is available it is mostly used by women. The present model of Micra in pink colour is a hot seller which confirms the girlish attribute of Micra. car_photo_219258_7.jpg

But I think the model to be launched in India looks less girlish than the present model.

This is the model selling in US & Europe and its advertised as girl's car, and the rear doesn't seems to be that good, it looks like toy car at rear. but the interiors as quiet impressive but in Indian version Micra i doubt whether we'll be getting all those comforts.