Sandy

Nissan Micra: Diesel bookings start(pg7)

The previous model looks girly but the new one which is headed for india doesnt looks that girly. If it comes with basic safety features and good quality interiors with attractive tag, it can become a good seller but Nissan really needs to grow its distribution network because at present its toooo bad.

The engine details look good. Though not as powerful as the Ritz's 1.2, the figures are promising and not to forget the 26km/l fuel efficiency!

Indianautosblog reported that the new Micra will come with a Push button start and not the conventional key starter

These are some Real-time photographs of Indian version of Nissan Micra,

Undergoing the Photo/Video shooting session for TV-Commercials,etc

in Australia(very similar to shot for Mahindra Scorpio in Australia too)

nissanmarch2010steering.jpg

newnissanmicramarch3.jpg

newnissanmicramarch2.jpg

newnissanmicramarch.jpg

Please Note: You can also see these photos posted in other thread across this forum but still I have posted them here as these are actually the photos of the car Made for India car just there in Australia for TV-Adv. shooting sessions there....

Rest on you Mods....

Nissan Micra coming to India in July!

trans.gif

nissan_micra_motoroids_1.jpg

Nissan yesterday confirmed

that it will launch it's much awaited global city car, the Micra/March

in India in July. The car, based on the V-Platform, will begin

production in India in May 2010. Nissan-Renault's Chennai plant will be

up and running by March this year and the Micra will be the first car to

roll out of the factory. The Japanese carmaker will start exporting the

small car from end of 2010 to European markets. While speaking to Dow

Jones Newswires, Kiminobu Tokuyama, Nissan India's managing

director, "We are well on track to open the new factory in March.

Production will start in May and the first hatchback... will be sold

from July."

Nissan aims to make a strong hold in the Indian market with a mass

production vehicle like the Micra, as compared to small volume players

like the Teana and the X-Trail. With a competitive price tag for the

Micra, Nissan aims to take on its Japanese competitors like Suzuki,

Toyota and Honda along with other players like VW, Tata and

FIAT. Kiminobu Tokuyama concluded saying, "It's not too late, we are

ready to challenge. We have come here to become a major player..."

sb-alto2010-01-23 17:14:39

My 5 cents contribution to the prospective buyers of Nissan Micra.. I have had experience driving Nissan Xtrail, Micra and owning Nissan Primera..(Not in India though) The Micra in general had been very good and maintenance was cheaper. I have always preferred Japanese Cars :).
Very reliable for city drives, crowded places and parking.. less fuel consumption..
The only problem with Nissan micra, atleast minor ones were no great quality shocks in all models..and the doors were too lite..in long term you could face problem with closing doors which are being used frequently, at-least the driver side doors!
If the prices are already known, then we could compare if Nissan Micra would be a best buy or not. I expect this to be priced competitively.

Note from Mod: Avoid posting like "......" between sentences, makes the post difficult to read & understand.
BornFree2010-05-12 14:26:49

Talked to Nissan Sales Executive of Nissan dealership, Chandigarh today & he told that, they are getting the Display/Demo cars by this end of this Month(=May), preferably Petrol version 1st, chances are also that they might get both P&Diesels at same time.

Officially it'll be launched in the Mid next month(=June) & then they start taking Bookings & start delivering the cars from 2-3 months thereafter.

Nissan Micra in Showrooms finally, 1st being the Petrol versions only with 1.2l, 80PS, 3-cylinder Petrol engine & Top-version XV priced at Rs.5.4 lacs only(very near to Swift ZXi @5.3 lacs).

And it's having Driver Airbag Standard across all the Variants.

351979d1274430026t-unveiled-nissan-micra351972d1274430026t-unveiled-nissan-micra351973d1274430026t-unveiled-nissan-micra351980d1274430026t-unveiled-nissan-micra351998d1274431587t-unveiled-nissan-micra351995d1274431587t-unveiled-nissan-micra351994d1274431587t-unveiled-nissan-micra351999d1274431587t-unveiled-nissan-micra352000d1274431587t-unveiled-nissan-micra351539d1274342327-unveiled-nissan-micra-351993d1274431587t-unveiled-nissan-micra351974d1274430026t-unveiled-nissan-micra351996d1274431587t-unveiled-nissan-micra351540d1274342327-unveiled-nissan-micra-

(Image source: Team-bhp.com)

From the pics the car looks really Cute & Nice with Jelly-bean Styling, remniscent to the Old-Zen, especially from the Rear.

Overall, It seems to be Nice VFM car.

+ Points/features:

-Desmodronic Key with Start-Stop button.

-Good Interiors Quality.

-Good Body Fit & Finish.

-Standard Airbag(Driver side) across all variants.

But what seems to be sorely missing are the:

-Too Basic/Simple looking Centre Console.

-3-Spoke Steering Wheel(as it comes with 2-spoke SW only).

-Fabric lined Door Trims.

-Alloys on Top-end versions.

dr_nishu2010-05-22 21:13:27

Hope its more roomy than the Spark & diesel variant has to be priced really competitively because Renault-Nissan is yet to establish as a credible manufacturer.

The relative failures of X-Trail, Teanna & Logan should have their task cut out.

Ah. Too much of cost cutting. The interiors look dull and monotonous. Even though the feature list and engine options are good but rear seat looks more cramped than swift.

Cabin is also not that airy and the door panels looks bad. Even boot is tiny.

Why will a car of Spark's size and price of swift/i20 with poor service and dealer backup sell ? Will Indian customer pay for only build quality and NISSAN badge ?

Why will a car of Spark's size and price of swift/i20 with poor service and dealer backup sell ? Will Indian customer pay for only build quality and NISSAN badge ?

NO.  THEY MAY NOT.

Except Cuteness nothing is common between the Chevy Spark & Nissan Micra.

Also check this:-

352575d1274506318-unveiled-nissan-micra-

A longer wheelbase is good but only if design allows more space. Where is the space in micra ? I find WagonR more spacious than this.

Also did anyone notice those skinny tyres ? Those are Bridgestone B250 (also found in i10) and is the same sixe of i10 too if I am not wrong.

The Car looks ugly. The one shown in Expos across was an upmarket one. The Indian version is looking cheap.

Base at 3.6Lsmiley3.gif!!

It has to compete with WagonR, i10, Beat, Figo and I dont remember the others. This car is doomed. I hope Nissan has a really strong advertising/marketing scheme ready.