Sandy

Nissan Micra: Diesel bookings start(pg7)

Also the Driver's Airbag, Anti-Pinch Driver Power Window & Central locking is standard in all variants.

XE has Manual Central Locking,

XL has Remote CL,

XV has Keyless CL with Start-Stop button.

Also, Nissan has already a bunch of Dealers ready for their Micra et al Care, but they aren't Officially Inaugrated yet, seems that Nissan will bomb the Indians with doing same exercise as Ford(opening 28 outlets in 24 hrs) or might Open/Inaugrate each everyday.

Nissan have the Target to set their dealerships in the each major city or at a distance seprated by every 80kms.

Seems that another Japaneese Giant is desperate & ready to takeover the Indian Market with Storm, after MS.

Booking has commenced from 25th May, 2010 and the initial payment
will be Rs 50000.

Nissan Micra will be manufactured in four manufacturing plants and
exported globally.

Nissan Micra is catered with four different variants

• XE
  • XE+
  • XL
  • XV

nissan-micra-intelligent-key-150x150.jpgnissan-micra-push-button-ignition-150x15nissan-micra-request-switch-150x150.jpg

Nissan Micra Delighting Features:

• Intelligent Key System
  • Push Button Ignition
  • Request Switch
  • Auto Climate Control
  • SRS Airbags
  • Min. Turning Radius

Rs. 395,000/ex-showroom  for a entry level micra -- this is too much...

Now we can understand why Hyundai said " THEY ARE NOT AFRAID OF MICRA - BUT WORRIED ABOUT GOOD SALES OF   FORD FIGO "

We don't need Air-Bag in a entry level model atleast.

Unfortunately no automatic option. Nissan could have done better. The i10 is the only small car that has the automatich transmission. What I see on the roads is that the automatic cars are definitely on the increase.

The micra is not such a looker, but industry inside sources say it will be one of the most technologically advanced car in terms of basic mechanics to hit the Hatch market. In fact, we are considering booking one too.

Good decision Cyrus. The Micra is a good car. People need to look beyond the exterior styling. It is a genuine Swift competitor with lots of kit and higher quality at a price comparable to premium hatchbacks.

Never knew cars cost so much in Bangalore though! 14% Road tax is just too much.

I wonder how this car will do in the long run. Better technology comes with premium price and more features means more service and repair costs. With improper service and dealership it is not going to be a easy ride for Nissan. This car is not practical and made for India. May be in the international market it would do good.

Just looks at Polo. It is also a German engineered car with new technology and better quality but is it selling ? Look at Figo on the other hand. People are definitely looking beyond exterior and buying sensible these days. Today cars are meant to be more than just serving purpose. But the Indian market is versatile and hatches are there in plenty in all price brackets. If a company can deliver more in one particular bracket it would do well.

Even the Honda Jazz with fine technology is not doing too well for that premium price, but still managing to sell some due to Honda's Indian market presence and other successful cars previously.

International presence is one important point but Nissan Micra has been subjected to heavy cost cutting. The interiors and exteriors are not so good as it was shown in expos all over. This was not the case with cars like i10 , i20 , Punto, swift and Ritz.

I do not understand how they claim it as a swift competitor when they have not got their basics right.

Hey watch that's video in link below with Nissan Micra 1.2l Petrol Manual clocking 180kmph.

?

Spec-wise Seems same?as Mid?XL-version Micra with Black Trim & Manual Climate control System in India.

hey nice video!

it is in bangkok where this vid has been shooted. It is on one of the expressways that i used to use often!

First Impression- Roomy & Spacious' date=' boot not that big, but pretty managable.

[/quote']

Ok, but even I checked out in a shopping mall, did not find it too roomy. Space is similar to Estilo or old WagonR. Boot is tiny. Yes the plastic quality is good but the car I saw had light beige colour, which was not looking classy. The black interior looks good. just like the swift.

I check it out too and space is definitely on par with the Swift at the front with more legroom at the rear. Boot is larger than the smaller hatchbacks with 226L and is well shaped too. The beige colour used does look monotonous though. Beige with splashes of black would have looked better in my opinion. Quality is overall very good with good fit and finish. The control stalks are very solid but the rear underthigh support is just about acceptable. With regards to styling, it is to the buyer to decide. Apart from the styling (which is personal opinion), the car is very good.

Been to the Nissan showroom on the weekend to check the car.

My thoughts on the car, lot of leg room on the back row, cute looking design, looks bigger from exterior, could be because of bulge/curve structure at the rear, etc.

What still keeps me thinking is about Nissan's limited Sales office and A.S.S. support as they have very very thin line of network.

Well, the car looks shinny preventing you know the different model of cars So we have to look keenly to have one.Since the tech is very high,i understand that there must be that compe.....lets wait and see what model will also japan come -up with.But this nissan car i know is the best inside and the speed.

Heard from some sources that Nissan Micra is one of the Best New Entrant in this market with using lots of Next-gen Hi-Tech bits, like Light-Weight yet Rigid body, Better Engine & Heat insulation, etc. 

Its engine is one of the best 3-cylinder engine across the Country with Minimal Vibrations with Smooth & Highly Driveable nature, alongwith 18.6kmpl(ARAI Certified).

Lets see if Ranbir can do with Nissan what SRK did with Hyundai.

Yes dude.. India's latest Chocolate hero have started Creating the Ripples as Nissan India have recorded the Sudden Surge(almost by 40%) in the number of Bookings after the company launched their multi-media teaser campaign featuring that Star.

Its a matter of Proud for the New-entrant company in the country, that within just 4-weeks of unveiling it, with just 10-12 dealers across the Country, without Availing even Test-Rides to the Customer, without the Diesel version in that Diesel-Era of the Indian Scenario, they've got more than 1000 Bookings(=1049 is the Actual & precise figure) for it & Most of them are in the Delhi, then Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Mumbai & Chennai, etc.

The Car's Official launch is on the 14th of the July2010.

-(with Inputs from Motorids)

Autocar India Drives the Micra

Nissan-Micra_0.jpg

Nissan Micra test drive, review

25 June 2010

We have got our hands on the all-new Nissan Micra. Here are the

first impressions of the baby Nissan that will go on sale on July 14. To

start with, that silvery tinge of excitement you get looking at a new

car seems to be missing and the car looks quite familiar. However, the

details that stick are the attractive high-mounted light pods and the

two-part grille. The arched profile of the cabin is something carried

over from the Micra

I saw one on the road this morning on the way to work and it was a dark blue one. Looked really nice and I liked its rounded looks though I did not like it one bit in the ads. Didn't look too small from the outside and it had a temporary registration number on it. We were together for nearly 7kms and that shade of blue looked super and reminded me of my Palio.

Must see how it stacks up. It's priced pretty close to the Swift which is still better VFM, a hit and has the largest service network. Nissan is pretty fledgling when it come to service, though Japense quality should see it through. The tag line must be: "Be Different, Buy Micra" .

Durango Dude2010-06-25 19:27:04

Estimated pricing

(ex-showroom Delhi) is Rs 4.00 lakh for the base XE model' date=' Rs 4.75 lakh

for the XL, and Rs 5.25 lakh for the top-end XV variant.

[/quote']

I will go for the i20 or the punto over this any day even with my eyes closed.