Sandy

Nissan Micra: Diesel bookings start(pg7)

Well' date=' the car looks shinny preventing you know the different model of cars So we have to look keenly to have one.Since the tech is very high,I understand that there must be that compe.....lets wait and see what model will also japan come -up with.But this Nissan car I know is the best inside and the speed.

[/quote']

I believe you have the thought about competition but as long as you have your best foot forward on design you shall have your market share bu t  I applauds Nissan for this one

Today I TD'd a Micra @ Sherif, Velachery & Punto 90 MJD from Concorde.

I see so many pluses on this car( mainly w.r.to Maruti, the other Jap Hatch)

Pros

1.Car looks really good in skin. esp, Orange

2.Build quality is far better than our maruti & Solid thud is present( not to the extend of a Fiat)

3. Spacious enough for 5 with good boot space.

4. All round visibility good, front end visible.

5. Very good suspension (Eats bumps superbly) but not in Punto's level.

6. Super peppy IInd gear. In B2B traffic, the vehicle just jumps ahead when I tap the right foot slightly.

7. Driver Airbag in all variants.

8. Balanced steering, good feedback.

9. Braking is OK

10. Front seats are too good ergonomically

Cons

1. Undertyred - Skinny MRF Tyres. On a sudden brake, i had few metres of skid (Non ABS)

2. Lack of dealership

3. Super no Knowledgable SA( eloborated later)

4. Rear seat lacks support.

Comedies by SA

1. All variants comes with ABS, so it will stop perfectly.

2. Book now, by the time you get the vehicle, you will have more Service stations all over the country.

3. Normally one will get their car in 1 month, but you will get it in 15 days, as most who booked already are canceling their bookings.smiley19.gif

4. In half way through TD, he started to ask me, How you drive like this? Teach me. Then he said, "You must be a Racer, I ve seen such stunts only in Movies"( It was not stunts at all, some speedy cuts on bumps, speedy U turn, sudden brakes. All done at safe yet speedy in remote location)  

GOD only needs to save Nissan from these SAs.

A good all rounder on a whole. Good VFM product.

Most practical & good VFM Petrol hatch only after Ritz.

creativebala2010-07-19 19:10:42

@Bala, How was the interior quality, Handling & comfort in comparision to Punto, and how was the Punto 90's interior quality, is it really improved?

Also, i think this one is good overall car, though 15 dealers are too less for a small car but still seems a good start, its being promoted well & is equipped & priced very well across all variants. The dealer will call me once the TD is available in my city and then i will go there. Its also too far so have to plan it out.

Nissan Micra 1.5 Diesel is coming by Nov2010 or even before it;

Finally Nissan have taken away the Cover of Silence for the Diesel variant of their Micra hatch & will probably going to launch it by Nov 2010 or even before it.

Nissan India have already started Manufacturing Micra Diesel at the same time of Petrol version's production but stayed away from its launch, as the Nissan 1st wanted to strengthen their Dealer network, i.e before the Diesel version's volumes picks up..

dr_nishu2010-07-20 20:39:48

@winner, some 4 set of customers comes in to see Micra at any moment. Thats mainly because its the only dealer in Chennai

@BS

interior quality- Really good

Handling - far better than Maruti but noyt comparable to Punto

comfort - Front seats are too good, back is ok

Punto's interiors have improved slightly 'n no panel gaps too.smiley1.gif

928 Micras sold till to date; Nissan India is having 3000 bookings for Micra Petrol yet;

Nissan adds that it has received over 3,000 bookings for the Micra in India from the time display Micras reached Dealerships in the last week of May.

The Nissan Micra has been introduced only with a petrol engine and has recorded respectable numbers in its short stint in India. Nissan has to think about bringing in the diesel motor as well as the automatic transmission model to get a head start.

Read more: http://indianautosblog.com/2010/08/928-nissan-micras-sold-in-15-days-over-3000-bookings-recorded#ixzz0vSfxVHCS

Nissan Micra Base XE-version detailing & differentating pics;

1) Manual Climate Control System:83697684.jpg

2) Much hyped Flat Rear Seat Bench, very much belongs to Any Groccery Shop's Customer sitting Bench like,

flatseat.jpg

3) Bare Basic Instrumentation:

notacho.jpg

4) Rear Hatch with Black Handle for Tail-gate opening & Key-lock alongwith it for opening it Externally, Sadly there's no Internal Tail-Gate opening Mechanism from Inside in base version & that feature starts from its 2nd/Middle version. 

back20view.jpg

And what we're getting at the Cost of these things are;

-Tilt adjustable steering,

-Driver Side Standard Airbag,

-A drive computer

-Brilliant Nissan's Engineering,

-Superb performing & FE 1.2l Engine.
dr_nishu2010-08-02 20:05:40

Its been a month since our city dealer is inaugurated but there is not a single TD Micra, everytime i call them they say its coming, its coming but nothing happens. If this is the way Nissan is acting, i highly doubt its success. The TD vehicles should reach a day or 3 before the launch & should serve the purpose from the launch date itself. Disappointing...

I like the car, it seems a nice product with some nice features & safety concerns but Nissan is acting very slowly i guess.

Got the latest Info about Nissan Micra:

-1st: Nissan is going to launch the Micra Diesel by last week of Nov or 1st week of Dec2010.

Expected price difference will be around 80k between the Similarly specced Petrol versions.

-2nd: Its Service & Maintenance costs are in the league of Maruti Suzukis or Hyundais, hence much lower than Similar European rivals like VW, Skoda & Fiat hatchbacks.

I highly doubt its (Micra) success.

And I feel that it has not been successful at all. The sales have been low right from Day 1. The shape has not been appreciated by many. And moreover people do not know anything about its long term consequences/etc.

I highly doubt its (Micra) success.

And I feel that it has not been successful at all. The sales have been low right from Day 1. The shape has not been appreciated by many. And moreover people do not know anything about its long term consequences/etc.

And I have been saying this from the day the car launched. There is not a sign of infrastructural development. No cars for TD, no service centres, and no proper information center.

Look at Polo. Even VW was new in this small car business. With just one hatch they did wonders. I think Nissan needs that "KEY" to success. Now I know why Teana sells less than Camry and Accord.

And then  there was those big talks. " The best swift competitor " or " The best engineered car". Now, where is the car ? I can spot more Audi R8 in Kolkata than Micras.

sb-alto2010-10-28 07:28:41

I was following a black Micra a week ago and it was raining and I mistook it for an Alto. I think before launching a hatch one needs to have infrastructure in place. I think exports are propping up the other end so Nissan at least in the present will not be too bothered by the local market. I have seen a few Micra's here in Chennai. 

dsc01093w.jpgdsc01091o.jpg

Yes, it's unveiled in two Diesel variants wth Best-In class FE of 23.08kmpl:

-XV-similar to top end version of the Petrol one.

-XV Premium- XV+15-Inch Alloys, Rear Spoiler, etc.

Prices expected are 5.80 lacs for XV-Diesel & 30k more on XV for 'XV Premium'.

Bookings open & Deliveries after 15th of December2010.
dr_nishu2010-11-08 08:41:07