creativebala

October 09 sales

i20 diesel might be getting high sales due the reason that Swift is still commanding a whooping 5 month waiting period!

I dont see that happening because there are 4 same engined pretty good hatchs in the same price range while i20 is pretty costlier than all the others. Also Ritz sits in the same showroom as the Swift and by Maruti's own admission its diesel variant is not selling well, so some swift diesel demand must trickle down to Ritz.

And I dont feel looks are that big a factor, because IMO Ritz is atleast better looking than Wagon R and look where Wagon R is.

So the demand must be actually for i20 rather than trickle down effect of swift overbooking.

See Swift is a car bought with heart, its not hugely practical but strikes a chord when it comes to design. The other  cars you have mentioned are more of practical buys except Punto.

Eg. if I cannot lay my hands on a Swift, I would look towards aquiring i20 & not Vista, Ritz, etc. So a trickling down effect is very much possible!

But people are buying i20 not because of Swift's waiting but for the premium feel, features, space, and comfort with good styling and brand. Nowadays i20's are common sight, i am extremely happy for that.

And yes regarding diesel, i dont see that happening because there's a huge price difference and at that price you can get some sedan, so basically for city use people wont think of i20 when they are thinking of Swift, so people who cant have Swift will definately have a look at Ritz, Vista and Punto and not i20...(my views)

That's right, i20 has its own share of buyers but Im talking of the Swift overflow.  They must be going in for other cars too but many would be opting for i20 because its a drivers car like the swift. Enthusiasts have liked the diesel i20.

@creativebala

You may be wrong this time dear.  Even the Maruti's website still shows WagonR and all it's variants.  I think the Duo version is clocking good numbers (I have seen quite a good number of Duos in this tourist place). 

Are you sure that Maruti has stopped the production ?

Maybe MS is planning to make some other upgrades in the car(hopefully the very old interiors) along with the BS4 comliant engine change. You know, just to keep the intensity alive and maybe catch up with i10.

Find out more CB.

The sales figures over past weeks have shown the downfall of Honda and the rise of Hyundai!

smiley35.gif On a lighter side let me deviate from the conversation and show some arrogance "any car I buy becomes the segment leader!" (NHC in 2004 & Altis in 2009) smiley35.gifsmiley2.gifsmiley2.gif

The sales figures over past weeks have shown the downfall of Honda and the rise of Hyundai!

smiley35.gif On a lighter side let me deviate from the conversation and show some arrogance "any car I buy becomes the segment leader!" (NHC in 2004 & Altis in 2009) smiley35.gifsmiley2.gifsmiley2.gif

So what are the figures are to justify your claim ?

@cartoos: IMO Hyundai's sales have shown an upwardly trend ever since the launch of the i10 & i20 whereas Honda's dominance in both the City & civic segments has reduced mainly due to their pricing strategy and competition offering more competitive products.

Im not a statistician so cant quote the exact figures but its evident (isn't it?)!

My comparison between these 2 brands has been in the light of Honda's CEO's comment on Hyundai soon becoming a manufacturer to be reckoned with. (once again not an exact quote but I suppose one can Google to get the specific press release)

@Kinshuk

The decline for Honda has been there but only in segments other than the City. It has ruled unfazed the whole year. It sold 5000 cars last month and for a car worth 9 lakhs that is a lot. Also recently I got a report that 50000 City's have been sold this which is a pretty staggering no.