Spirax1

Matiz rememberances thread

Yes guys,we all konw that matiz is a good car.

But failed only in India for which india is a bit unlucky.

Just write your views on matiz.

Lets start something Matiz!!Matiz!!Matiz!!smiley1.gif

From where did the need come to describe this age old car Matiz Matiz Matiz.

Its all gone man. If i am not wrong the matiz was manufactured by a company called daewoo(forgive me for spelling mistake). But you say that its sold as chevy joy in Pakistan. From where did Chevy come into the game?????????????

Matiz was a Daewoo Korea product and was manufactured in India by Daewoo itself. I bought one in August 1999 in red colour as shown above. It was selling well here in almost equal numbers to Santro. Suddenly Daewoo Korea collapsed and the Indian operations also folded up. Later Daewoo was bought by GM and Daewoo models were rebadged as Chvrolet. Our 'Spark' is new model of Matiz and AVEO and Optra are also Daewoo based models.

Matiz was an extremely reliable product and is fondly loved by all its owners. I kept the car for 9.5 years and it crossed 1 lac kms with me. During this period the car never broke down even once. I never lifted the bonnet on road. All it demanded was the routine service and periodic change of few worn parts like battery and brake pads. Unlike Maruti, the car never rattled till the end and was extremely comfortable for driver and passengers. I really loved that car and still fondly remember it.

Had Matiz continued to sell in India with parts and service support, it would have become the one of the largest selling cars in India.

From where did the need come to describe this age old car Matiz Matiz Matiz.

Its all gone man. If i am not wrong the matiz was manufactured by a company called daewoo(forgive me for spelling mistake). But you say that its sold as chevy joy in Pakistan. From where did Chevy come into the game?????????????

smiley36.gif

Members who dont like matiz please leave from here if you dont like to comment.

rki and others do remeber not to kill matiz.

It is a great car.

We have no hatred towards matiz nor you spirax1. And you have no rights to ask anyone to leave the forum. We are least bothered about your Matiz or you and have no idea to kill your matiz. There's no need to kill anyone who has committed suicide. Yup i mean to say your Matizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Matiz was a Daewoo Korea product and was manufactured in India by Daewoo itself. I bought one in August 1999 in red colour as shown above. It was selling well here in almost equal numbers to Santro. Suddenly Daewoo Korea collapsed and the Indian operations also folded up. Later Daewoo was bought by GM and Daewoo models were rebadged as Chvrolet. Our 'Spark' is new model of Matiz and AVEO and Optra are also Daewoo based models.

Matiz was an extremely reliable product and is fondly loved by all its owners. I kept the car for 9.5 years and it crossed 1 lac kms with me. During this period the car never broke down even once. I never lifted the bonnet on road. All it demanded was the routine service and periodic change of few worn parts like battery and brake pads. Unlike Maruti' date=' the car never rattled till the end and was extremely comfortable for driver and passengers. I really loved that car and still fondly remember it.

Had Matiz continued to sell in India with parts and service support, it would have become the one of the largest selling cars in India.
[/quote']

Thanks for the information. I never knew about that.

I didn't meant you don't know what to do @creative.

And rki i didn't meant you to or anyone get out of ACI.

I just meant at the subject itself "rememberances".

Just remeber your sweat past of matiz.

And no one in ACI have the right to ask"From where did the need come to describe ........"

I mind my words.smiley22.gif

In future or past..

Though you are least bothred towards me or Matiz,

I have already mentioned only those who own a matiz or know about it.

No one on the world has right to talk about he doesn't know.

I narrowly missed owning a white Matiz.  My boss who used it very very sparingly (less than 5,000 km in 3 years) wanted to sell it for a special price to me, but I bought a Maruti Omni-E.  However much I liked the Matiz, I wanted to have a 7+ seater as I already had a Premier Padmini Deluxe BE.  I did drive that Matiz.  It's a wonderful car when compared to 800.  Or, even Santro (somehow, then I did not like the front of Santro and the tall boy stance).  A premature demise of a great car for lapses done by Daewoo's promoter family in Korea.  And, certainly not due to any fault of Daewoo India's operations.  The GM could have continued with Matiz as it had collected most of the best designed car awards then.  However, that was only a wishful thinking....

I think i am the only one in the forum who still has a Matiz' date=' akj sir sold it few months back.

Ours has done over 1.1 lac kms. To me the best thing about Matiz are it's looks and space.[/quote']

Great to know that you are still continuing with your Matiz which regretfully I could not do. But I have sold it to a person who is taking good care of the car. I felt very bad while parting with the car.

Post some pics guys i am waiting.

Here is the ad in Autoindia 1999

Okay creative the chevys are okay but the badge name matters.

For eg.the J.D power survey showed that spark aveo are best quality performance and low in problems.

I feel gland.