anuprav

VW Beetle: Now Launched

In today "The Hindu" news paper they have given information about VW's Beetle and Touareg, Beetle price ranges from 22 lakh and Touareg ranges From 55 lac, And the mini car is powered by a 2 litre 113 bhp engine with AT, and the SUV will be powered with a 3 litre, V6 disel engine making 240 bhp with Six Speed At with DSG, both the cars are to be launched on Dec 5.

Today I went to see the times property expo and saw 2 beetle and 2 tourang there. The Beetle is very small but the orange colour suited it , Tourang look great and is a big size than I expected.

pic436.jpg

pic439.jpg

pic438.jpg

Yup! thats why there is so much preparation going on in the last pic you see. Anyways what will be the price of Beetle?

I think a new segment is opening up in India were both 500 and beetle will compete with each other.

VW Beetle launched in India.
Specification Details:

Engine

Engine Type

4- cylinder petrol engine

Capacity

2.0L / 1984 cc

Power

85 kW/ 116 PS @ 5400 rpm

Torque

172 Nm @ 3200 rpm

Emission Norms

BSIV

Transmission

Gearbox

6- speed automatic tiptronic

Dimensions

Length

4129 mm

Width

1721 mm

Height

1498 mm

Wheelbase

2502 mm

Wheel track front

1515 mm

Wheel track rear

1495 mm

Ground Clearance

120 mm

Turning radius

5.5 m

Luggage compartment

214 ltrs

Tyre Size

195/65 R15 "Houston" Alloy Wheels

Spare wheel

195/65 R15 Steel wheel

Post edited: while pasting from MS Word, remove the fonts.
BornFree2009-12-04 16:36:24

Volkswagen has started the brand building exercise in the Indian market ahead of the Polo launch by introducing a couple of CBU?fs, the iconic Beetle and the Touareg SUV. The new Beetle has been priced at Rs 20.45 Lakhs while Touareg can can be yours for Rs 51.85 Lakhs.

The Beetle comes powered by a 2.0 litre 4 cylinder engine with 115 bhp of maximum power @ 5400 rpm and is mated to a 6 speed automatic transmission.It also comes equipped with safety features like 4 Airbags, ABS (Anti Lock Braking System), ESP (Electronic Stability Programme)  and engine immobilizer. Comfort and convenience features include 6 CD Changer, power steering, body colored exterior mirror housing, 15?? alloy wheels and heat insulating tinted glasses.

The Touareg comes with a 3.0 Litre TDI V6 Diesel engine which develops a maximum power of 240 bhp @ 4000-4400 rpm. The engine is mated to a 6-Speed DSG gearbox which drives all four wheels permanently for optimum performance under all conditions. The SUV accelerates from 0-100 kph in just 7.8 seconds. Touareg also comes with all the features of a luxury SUV like electric sliding sunroof, 12-way electrically adjustable seats, electrically foldable outside rear view mirrors, leather upholstery and 230V power socket in the luggage compartment. Its tough too with an impressive water wading depth of 500 mm, hill climbing ability of 45 degrees and 35 degree side slope angle..

Volkswagen will also start the production of the soon to be launched Polo hatchback at Chakan plant starting from 12th December 09. The booking for the new Polo will start in January.

Well today the Volkswagen dealer called me up and invited for the launching of Beetle and Toureg on Sunday in their showroom. Well i was not expecting these 2cars in any other cities except few big cities. So i think i will go and checkout those cars.

EDIT - For next post

@Hrmanju, no for now no TD atleast, on Sunday there is just the launching ceremony and cars will be on display.
bluesapphire2009-12-11 10:05:41

I had gone to the showroom to check the beetle the on road price is a stagerring 26lakhs in navimumbai,i would prefer a 5oo over the beetle it looks so cute and the interiors of the beetle were dissapointing.

Well i went to check the Beetle on Sunday. It looks too cute especially in yellow color, but 24.5lac OTR was a turn-off. The interiors are not worth at all as are too simple, the knobs, the audio system, etc are too simple but are well built. I checked out the rear seat too and was ok for city trips, not strictly for kids, an adult can sit although not with utmost comfort but not too uncomfortable too.

The interiors of Fiat500 are way better and its cheaper too with diesel but still it doesnt commands that respect on road, and these cars are for Show-off and one will only spend on these if it commands the attention of all on Road, and it does that job quite easily unlike 500 which isnt that unique in looks as this. Thats why although much expensive has sold much more than 500, they also have did good marketing as almost all VW dealers have got Beetle for display while 500 is on display only at some 5-6dealerships in big cities. The one i went to check out was already sold, thats a good sign.

I would prefer this over 500 anyday, but not have much money to spend to any of them smiley36.gif

Also there is a garage opposite my house and he has yellow beetle(much old) without engine, its just a body and there is nothing inside it, no seats, no console anything. He has just kept it like dust, to me its better to buy that and spend on it than buying a whopping 24.5lac beetle.

What you think, if anyone decides to buy that beetle, what will be cost of its restoration if the car is available for around some lets say 60-70k or around 1lac.?