rameshbabu.n

What is the most preferred color ?

MOST PREFERRED CAR CinOLOR in INDIA now...  

1. 1. MOST PREFERRED CAR CinOLOR in INDIA now...

• White
    • Red
    • Grey
    • Black
    • Silver
    • Blue
    • Brown
    • Gold
    • Others

Which, according to you, is the MOST PREFERRED COLOR for a new car NOW in India ? 

My vote goes for RED.  See the number of newly advertised cars in RED.  Swift, Vista, Xylo, Linea, Manza .... the list seems to be endless.

RED is the most preferred advertised color for a car.  But, what about the buyers choice ? 

I prefer BLACK. I dont know why but pretty much all cars look great in shiney black exteriors. Its almost like they are more expensive than other colours(dont take this seriously and bash me). Yes, it does demand a lot of maintainence but i think its worth it and therefore all cars in our house are black.

I prefer white. Even though its plain it looks strikingly good in sunlight. And it also gives you the sporty feeling if the car is of that type. Case in point I havent found any other car look sportier than  Swift in white colour. My personal opinions.

For me its car specific.....Some colours look great on some cars but not on others. Generally, I like shades of red and blue's and avoid silver, its just too common and black, it just does not appeal to me and its a pain to maintain.

Yup nowadays each car looks good in different colors. Like winner said. Generally we prefer Silver/White due to low on maintenance and are long termers, also fetches good resale, but i prefered Green in spark as she looks best in it and at that time i just bought this heart and not mind.

But nowadays white looks classy on almost all cars, and for my next car, its gonna be white so am waiting for white only.

We last had a white 800 and after that we never bought white, so now want a white. Otherwise there are many colors in which different car looks good.

Any colour looks good if one keeps the car clean and polished, but generally smaller cars look good in bright colours - the bigger you go more softer colours look good.

My choice is always Silver - easy to maintain & looks classy provided one keeps the tyres absolutely clean (black & shiny) & the alloys/wheel covers sparkling - i.e, no dried mud etc...Kinshuk2009-11-10 15:46:53

My choice is gold. It all depends on each and every car. Some car may look good in gold and some may not. Apart from Gold, silver and other light shades, all the dark colors like red, blue are good but very difficult to maintain.

its car specific

linea=red/maroon

outlander=silver

you havent seen champagne biege or black linea and yellow outlander then.

to me maroon looks the most irritating in a car.. i hate maroon linea, maroon wagon r, maroon manza, and everything maroon.

every colour has a character.

silver - for corporate

red/blue/yellow - youth/energetic

white - elegance in simplicity

black - so much like white, but just as much the opposite. sophisticated, but simple.

orange/green - give very different impressions from car to car. eg. orange in swift and sumo grande, green in santro and xylo.

pink - LGBT icon

by the way, we experimented quite a bit with colours. first we had a red accent viva. then we had a black scorpio which we sold off and got a brown scorpio (m-hawk). now the red accent is going to make way for the white i20 smiley36.gif

in my opinion black in linea looks extra specia, especially with those artistically sculpted tail-lights and alloys. it looks so much more expensive than the the linea of other colours.

and that yellow outlander, coupled with colourless headlights and tail-lights, looks extra special.

Black in linea looks average.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

I agree "Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder", but anyday

Beauty is Beauty

Note from moderator: kindly avoid unnecessary highlighting & use of "waaaa...." words, this renders the post unduly flashy & ugly to look at.
BornFree2009-11-12 18:49:07

I prefer white, blue and red. I would vote for White.

I feel black is perfect for cars like Logan which have simple looks because in case of black the colour is more prominent than the looks of the car.

If only 3 members like red color (and 50 members like other colors led by silver, black and white in that order), polled till now, why the manufacturers advertise mostly in red ?  Any guesses ?    rameshbabu.n2009-11-12 23:19:23