creativebala

Mahindra launches Scorpio with Air bags

scorpio_large.jpg

Mahindra has upgraded the Scorpio VLX with additional features including dual SRS airbags, new twin dial instrument cluster, bluevision bulbs in headlamps, bluetooth connectivity, built-in tweeters in front speakers and speed warning alert. Along with the upgrades, Mahindra has hiked the price of the SUV by Rs. 10,500/-

- Motorbeam
creativebala2009-11-07 10:42:45

scorpio_large.jpg

Mahindra has upgraded the Scorpio VLX with additional features including dual SRS airbags' date=' new twin dial instrument cluster, bluevision bulbs in headlamps, bluetooth connectivity, built-in tweeters in front speakers and speed warning alert. Along with the upgrades, Mahindra has hiked the price of the SUV by Rs. 10,500/-

- Motorbeam
[/quote']

You allways love to copy me ? first u copy my merc thread and now the mahindra ? whats up with you..

admins close this thread - i have allready a similar one before him.

You allways love to copy me ? first u copy my merc thread and now the mahindra ? whats up with you..

admins close this thread - i have allready a similar one before him.

Dear Pranab,

Just tell me how i can start(COPY) a thread @ 3 PM, which you are about to start at 6 PM.

Read properly before posting,

i created @ 3 PM & you created @ 6 PM.

I you want to say, materials copied, then say who copied now, don't talk silly.

What will come next is the M-Hawk with a new uprated gearbox to handle the torque and bump up the power to 140 bhp and around 32 kgm torque. I don't know why they start giving features in a series of "constipated" bits and pieces and slowly bump up the price. The original must have come with ABS and airbag's bundled in the first place. Nothing to beam about M&M.

Ya I agree, it  is better to launch a completely equipped product than to equip it one by one at later stages. They launched Xylo just 10 months back, in 6 months they brought it out with ABS and now they are giving Airbags also. That just shows the unplanned way the product was launched

Yesterday HT newspaper had AD of scorpio that says that scorpio is now available with Airbags as optional.

Thats good news for prospective buyers, I think it is now much more complete SUV now for the price.

Note From Admin: Please check for existing threads before posting.

FuelRunGod2009-11-12 08:49:53

C'mon!!! You can not tell me that you think that looks good. smiley3.gif

EDIT: Why the hell did Mahindra have those 'Design a Scorpio' contest if they weren't going to implement any of them. The essential design of the car hasn't changed from the day it was launched. All they have done in the last 10 years or so (since the car was launched) is, update the rear lights and add a 'hole' to the bonnet. smiley17.gif
asethi9192009-11-12 08:16:24

Mahindra seems to have its hands full with more important under the skin changes. There were reports that the Scorpio did not do well in a few specific areas of crash testing (for the Australia and the US market).

Addressing those issues would be much more important than cosmetic changes and Mahindra seems to be going in the right direction.

No no I'm not supporting the new design. Heck I like the first generation which in my opinion is the best looking Scorpio. But I think the new generation which is coming will be a far better looker read less boxy.

FRG

FuelRunGod2009-11-12 08:49:06

@dtondon So you are telling me that Mahindra being a company as big as it is can only focus on one thing at a time? You are saying they are so one dimensional that they can focus on the INSIDE of the car but not on the OUTSIDE of the car? Fascinating, I say!!!

The reason I say this is because I like that can and would love to own one but the looks just put me off.

What will come next is the M-Hawk with a new uprated gearbox to handle the torque and bump up the power to 140 bhp and around 32 kgm torque. I don't know why they start giving features in a series of "constipated" bits and pieces and slowly bump up the price. The original must have come with ABS and airbag's bundled in the first place. Nothing to beam about M&M.

Lessons are learned hard way and they have got it from Honda. Honda knows hot milk Indians.

Yesterday HT newspaper had AD of scorpio that says that scorpio is now available with Airbags as optional.

Thats good news for prospective buyers' date=' I think it is now much more complete SUV now for the price.

Note From Admin: Please check for existing threads before posting.

[/quote']

Sorry, I did for last two days only.

Note from Mods: Threads merged

sgiitk2009-11-12 09:33:51

@dtondon So you are telling me that Mahindra being a company as big as it is can only focus on?one thing at a time? You are saying they are so one dimensional that they can focus on the INSIDE of the car but not on the OUTSIDE of the car?

International crash tests judge even minor things like the behavior of the bumpers, front grill, etc. as these pay an important role in pedestrian safety.

Cosmetic changes aren't really as simple as they would seem.

Whats would be the point of al this if people start loosing interest in the car because it starts to look old even though from inside it is the most brilliantly engineered machine ever made by man kind smiley17.gif

ON a more serious note, I get your point and hopefully you get mine too.

Though airbags is a welcome addition but just the addition of airbags does not translate into safety. Airbags aid basic safety which is imparted by the chassis & the basic body shell.

I don't think Indian Scorpio has been subjected to crash tests, etc. If this is the case, then in case of an accident, either the body will crumple in a wrong manner or not crumple & transfer the impact to the insides. Both are dangerous happenings, airbags will almost do nothing except opening up(if they do) & being useless.

So, this move is a mere eye-wash, we want nothing less than certified crash tests conducted first.

I agree that crash safety norms in the country should be strict and airbags mandatory.

@BF: Mahindras are planning to market the Scorpio in the American markets as well. So they probably have done their homework as safety is of prime importance there.

FRG

I doubt that, for Scorpio to pass safety/crash tests, they would need extensive chassis work.

Did you notice the distance between the front steering/dash & driver, they are close like hell, in case an accident, driver is sure to bang into the front facia.

They man have just managed to bypass American laws by exploiting some loopholes or taking advantage of some clause.
BornFree2009-11-12 10:10:14

Whats would be the point of al this if people start loosing interest in the car because it starts to look old even though from inside it is the most brilliantly engineered machine ever made by man kind smiley17.gif

?

ON a more serious note' date=' I get your point and hopefully you get mine too.
[/quote']

The current model (even with the addition of airbags) needs more improvements to improve safety. I personally would prefer an old but well engineered design any day. I understand that it may not sit well with the broader market (or you as an individual) but thats my opinion and I stand by it.

And why would Mahindra worry about a cosmetic facelift when the Scorpio is selling well? Indian manufacturers only do that when sales start dropping.

Another thing to remember - a large percentage of Indian buyers believe that an SUV's inherent bulk is what makes it safe. I'm glad to see things changing (albeit slowly) on that front.

Unwanted bulk is actually dangerous, opposite from general perception!

Innova has made these traditional manufacturers think in terms of reducing bulk & providing maximum room on the insides.