espn103

Best music system for new honda city

i want a best ,top quality music system for my new honda city... i can put any number of speakers in my car for best sound....so suggest me the best brands for following

speakers:-

amplifiers:-

basstubes:-

any suggestions r most welcome and thanx in advance for replying. 

i can put any number of speakers in my car for best sound....

LOL. Dude, how many speakers do you need in a city?? Just four full range speakers, anything more and you will be making noise not music.

Please let us know how much you are willing to spend on your system.

CB' date=' please give some more information about models as well. JBL sells more than one model you know.

FRG
[/quote']

As you all know, generally all JBL products for speakers & pioneer for HU are good. All we need to do is pick the one in our budget.

Not necessarily true' date=' there are also other good brands like Polk Audio, Alpine and a lot many others.[/quote']

Since no budget is mentioned, i took the best, the common man use.

i agree to Polk audio or even add Kickers, but ain't they costlier.

Not necessarily true' date=' there are also other good brands like Polk Audio, Alpine and a lot many others.[/quote']

Since no budget is mentioned, i took the best, the common man use.

i agree to Polk audio or even add Kickers, but ain't they costlier.

Fair enough. smiley1.gif But then again, no budget so no real limit. Don't mind me.

FRG

FuelRunGod2009-11-16 17:57:16

Ok. If budget is not a constraint.

Best headunits - ALPINE\ECLIPSE

Best Components/Speakers - RAINBOW

Best Amplifiers - STEG MASTERSTROKE

Best Subwoofers - IMAGE DYNAMICS

Best Wiring - AUDISON

guys the budget is upto 40000-50000.....and what abt kickers speakers...r they better than JBL ......and what abt bass tube...which company has the best bass tubes....regarding HEAD UNIT...its inbuilt...and i'll use apple i pod touch with it....thanx for replying

You dont need to spend so much.

Hi.I just recently got a Music System fitted in my NHC CVT -
Front : Kicker KS5.2 Component Speakers
Rear : Kicker KS6.2 Component Speakers
Amp : Kenwood 320 W 4-channel (I can't recall the exact model no. !)
Wiring : Original Kicker Wiring
I haven't added a Subwoofer yet,but will be adding a 10 inch Kicker CVR 10 Dual Coil Sub pretty soon,along with a monblock/2 channel amp for it(probably JBL 2 channe amp)
Head Unit is Alpine CDA-9830.I guess your Head Unit must be the Alpine 2 DIN System,since it's the VTEC model..I would suggest JBL/Infinity/Kicker/Soundstream or Blaupunkt Components

so kicker speakers and wirirng r good....so what abt amplifier and bass tubes....last night i saw  a guy who has put 8-9 speakers in rear for good sound quality...is that good.....?  and one thing more can u guys give me the exact model numbers for all these......!!!!!

Do you drive the car yourself ?

The number of speakers does not improve sound quality - Music is recorded with two channels - two speakers for the front and two for the back are all that you need.

If its quality that you're looking for, pick front component speakers from a good brand - The Infity kappa series and Illusion Lucents are two options that come to mind. Your front door pads might need slight modifications to fit them.

Pick up matching coaxial speakers from the same brand and have them installed in the rear.

Get a four channel amplifier - The Infinity Reference 475a is the cheapest amplifier that has decent SQ, use two channels for the front and two for the subwoofer.

Instead of a bass tube, get a JBL sub in a sealed box and plonk it in the trunk.

Get a JBL wiring kit to hook everything up (beware of fakes). Get some damping Dynamat) for the front doors.

IMHO - The above setup would be the most decent system that 40K can buy.dtandon2009-11-17 04:29:24

@ Creativebala: JBL is just a mid market brand and I don't like it and there are many like me who don't. At the same time there are many who like it and standby it. It all finally boils down to what you like. Since you seem to be a big fan of JBL, what products from them are you using?

Alpine HU's are not always better than Pioneer HU's becuase there are some high end HU's from Pioneer which you don't see in India as much, but they are even better than Alpine. Again it comes down to one's choice and the kind of sound they like.

So you should try to understand this before making statements, that X is the best or always the best, etc. But you are entitled to your views and you can put them across in the right way.

so kicker speakers and wirirng r good....so what abt amplifier and bass tubes....last night i saw  a guy who has put 8-9 speakers in rear for good sound quality...is that good.....?  and one thing more can u guys give me the exact model numbers for all these......!!!!!

So did you like the sound in that car with 8 speakers....If you like it, go ahead and put 8 speakers in your car. And also add 4 subs and 4 tweeters alongwith it!!

@5u3zer0 - Aah! tweeters. Why is it that I blank out when someone says that they bought a pair of tweeters for the front :)

Agree with you on the statement about JBL but buying JBL is any day better than ending up with fake pioneer speakers that a are a dime a dozen in the market. The JBL's are absolute VFM and a safe bet for first time ICE buyers on a tight budget.

@5u3zer0 - Aah! tweeters. Why is it that I blank out when someone says that they bought a pair of tweeters for the front :)

smiley1.gif And even worse when they are the monstrous TSS-20's from Pioneer. The King of tweeters!

I don't see fake Pioneer stuff around here and I have seen a lot of Pioneer stuff which works well and lasts ages though I am not to happy with the sound of their speakers.

Bangalore (especially JC road) is full of fake Pioneers.

Their idea of ICE is Sony amps, JVC HU's, pioneer 6x9's, tweeters and sub. You get atleast 10 different "models" of pio subs in the <4K price range - most of them fake with a bewildering array of colors (for the cone material) to match the interiors of your car smiley17.gif.