Anirban

Skoda or Volkswagen

Go for VW as they are more professional and service oriented than Skoda.

You will not believe that till now I have not been given a TD of any Skoda Cars by the dealers.

VW dealer sent the car at my office twice Jetta and once Passat and every time I drove it around 30 Kms.

Also note that VW does not have the concept of free service.

Superb is really Superb' date=' but do consult your Astrologer because Skoda is better at
?
converting Billionaires to Millionaires
?
with their cars
[/quote']

Ha Ha that is a good one.

But seriously speaking, Passat is a better bet, it is a proper car and does not have a funny shape like Superb, and VW as a compnay is better any day than Skoda. Passat also has more modern CRDI engine as compared to PD engine of Superb which is a dead technology.

VW will also have better service standards. Initial purchase price and few gadgets matter just in the beginning. If you are going to keep the car for 5 years, look at the total ownership experience & costs, which will matter more.

akj53in2009-11-17 16:30:36

OT:@creative bala:

converting Billionaires to Millionaires : I thought that pertained to the Naresh Goyal's and Richard Branson's of the world; Bala your getting really creative.

Topic: Heart says Superb, Brain says Passat.
Durango Dude2009-11-17 17:41:21

Globally Skoda is the El Cheapo label of the VW stable. It goes like Skoda - VW - Audi - Porsche. I guess India will ultimately go the same way.

Skoda has a far bigger service network (held in high DISrepute), while VW is just coming up. Howver, routine things like oil change are also done by some Skoda workshops.

Passat is definitely a better choice. VW is expanding itself at a very high growth rate and I ma sure the Giant will pull all stops so that it does not get the same reputation as its predecessor.As you are in Chennai you need not worry as VW will definitely provide good service there with multiple service centre options. Also Passat is a technologically more advanced car than the Superb. So it is most adviasble to go with the Passat.

Considering how VW is new and still trying to build a reputations, I dont think Skoda's mistakes with ASS will be repeated.

Also VW has an air of superiority and luxury around it.

I personally would go for the Superb though smiley17.gif

Didn't autocar do a comparison between the two cars in the magazine a few months ago?