creativebala

Sporty Commuter soon.... HONDA

honda-bikes-logo.jpgHonda Motorcycle Scooter India Ltd (HMSI) has learnt the hard way that sporty motorcycles are what it should me developing and selling in the Indian market. The 125cc Stunner for example has been a run away success for the Japanese giant in India. The aging Unicorn on the other hand is fast loosing its grip in the 150cc segment to other newer and sportier bikes from the competition. The 100-110cc segment is where the company currently doesn

This bike will be followed by another higher capacity sport motorcycle in 2011 but our fingers are crossed for that one!
Let's keep our fingers crossed for CBR 150 or 250 in 2011. I came across a news, a year back that, few CBR150s are imported to India by Honda, for a track shoot out. I don't know how far it is true.

honda-cbr150r-0012.jpg

soundar.d.gr82009-11-19 04:55:59

I got this from Wheelosphere.org

Honda Twister 110CC Commuter Bike Spied

Honda is planning to extend their portfolio to Indian commuter

bike segment.Though there were reports suggesting that Honda

Motorcycles and Scooters India(HMSI) will be launching a 100cc bike in

Auto Expo 2010 we were bit sceptical about this.Now here comes the first images of Honda Twister 110CC commuter bike which captured during testing.

image_thumb50.png

If you are still doubtful about the authenticity of these images have a close look on petrol tank where the prominent  Honda wings logo has been managed to find a place.Also the brand, Honda Twister  name has been christened on the utility box area.Honda Twister is combination of Hero Honda Hunk and Honda Stunner.The front portion till fuel tank reminds us about Hunk but the rear part shows Honda has just kept the rear department of Stunner CBF intact. 

The bike looks very promising though..Great attempt from Honda

designersf2009-11-30 14:23:16

Guys frankly tell me that you all like the stunners looks and it is better commuter bike than the shine . I have ridden  both the bikes and can easily say that shine feels better off the two except for the 5th gear absence . The stunner may be refined but its just toooo plasticky for any commuters taste . In the end launching a sporty bike in 100cc segment is a joke in bike industry if targetting for youth then bring some sporty bike in 150cc segment .

I agree with RSSH..
Instead Honda should have introduced 150cc mill in stunner. Also, I feel Yamaha Gladiator is best commuter in 125cc segment. Gone are the days when people used to commute with 100cc,its now upto 125/135 or sum prefer even 150cc for daily run.

Post edited

Note from mod: Use proper English while posting.
BornFree2009-11-30 18:54:03

Well i think it will be hit, because looks too good for 110cc segment, but its looking too tall. Another reason is this is Honda, so reliability, refinement and good quality is assured.

Although Shine was a good bike, but these days even commuter needs something sporty and not all that simple and that shows the success of Stunner. For 125cc its pretty good bike. Even this segment needs some good bikes coz the people using them though are office goers but they also need something that looks good because nowadays there are many young commuters and they need good looking and efficient bike for office use and also for roaming with friends. Stunner solves all the purpose, while Shine doesnt give that image for roaming with friends.

For all these reasons, this new bike will be a hit.

And these were the only reason why Unicorn failed. Now we want some good looking bike in 150-160cc segment from Honda.

extract -

Almost every Auto Magazine and TV Channel had tested the CB 1000R, our research team had hinted us that this could be a part of any new/ upcoming strategy. A few days back when the new CB Twister surfaced for the first time our research team patted their own backs.

Today the CB Twister was launched by Honda at Delhi. This great looking commuter bike comes with a 110cc, 9bhp, 9Nm and a one down three up gear box. Honda claims that this would deliver 70kms per litre of petrol. Twister comes in Black, Blue, Yellow, Green and Red colors.

Variants