Anand Sivaraj

Delhi Auto Expo 2010

like to hear or see some low cost hybrid models for INDIA. also it will be a good platform for bike co's to show their strength. good time for  Rahul BAJAJ to show the results of his R&D .

also hero honda & other co's will try to boost up their market share with something new for market.

Mod please merge the other similar threads running on this topic parallel to it to avoid confusions' date='etc.[/quote'] Well the other thread was created much before, so this needs to merge into that. But in that thread the discussion is not about which cars are going to be there but the timings, the attendance, etc.

Well i am visiting there on 7th at 10AM.

So i would like to know who all are coming on that date so we could have a small meet???

BTW, this is the schedule.

January 5th, 2010

Media Day

Goodwill Day: Special arrangements for visit of Physically Challenged

January 6th, 2010

Official Opening Ceremony

Special Invitess:1000hrs-1900hrs

January 7th, 8th & 11th, 2010: (Weekdays)

Business Visitors:1000hrs-1500hrs

General Visitors:1500hrs-1900hrs

January 9th & 10th, 2010: (Weekend)

Trade / General Visitors: 1000hrs -1900hrs

Source - autoexpo.inbluesapphire2009-12-25 04:52:31

Hmmm! I have a doubt which cropped up can we sit or go near the concept or is it going to be that people are kept away by a rope or something because in other expos in the globe they can really see the car upclose .

Also what is the buisness visitor thingy ? I want to see the expo in details so I need good quality time there.

@mods can you give a clear idea of the expo I am confused I need to plan in advance .

Weekends would see mad rush, last time around the even was not well organised. Parking was a pain & entry was not relaxed.

Though I have registered myself, don't know how much would it really help!

Also, need to get bookings done for a Hotel. Delhites please suggest some good Hotels near the Pragati Maidan.

Im yet to finalise with FRG, he's been too busy of late!

Tentatively, I'll try to be there before the weekends but entry for general visitors on those days would be after ~3PM only, which leaves little time to go about!

Importantly, Hotel booking is an issue. Lets see if Im able to book some decent Hotel in time.

@Adit, you cant visit on 5th & 6th, these are private dates, you can only go on 7th if you have business pass. Even i am there in Delhi from 5th to 7th, but unfortunately i will be able to attend only half day on 7th as i am returning back on same day.

Hope we meet there on 7th.

@Bornfree, 7th or 8th should be ideal for you since its not weekend(Thursday & Friday) and you can apply for Business visitors pass so that you can come at 10AM on 7th or 8th. Try to plan for 7th so that we could meet up.

@Adit' date=' you cant visit on 5th & 6th, these are private dates, you can only go on 7th if you have business pass. Even i am there in Delhi from 5th to 7th, but unfortunately i will be able to attend only half day on 7th as i am returning back on same day.

Hope we meet there on 7th.[/quote']

I'll see if I can arrange passes for you as well for the 6th. I know one of the organisers of the fair, so can probably swing a few extra passes. :)

Sorry to say this ....

Today, I am told officially that I have been selected for a week-long special

technological training in Hyderabad.  So, I will not come to Auto Expo.

I miss meeting you all at Delhi.

Please keep on updating us with all that is happening at Delhi.

And, let the cameras do overtime.

I will not complain if you upload hundreds of photos.....

just kidding.

@Adit' date=' you cant visit on 5th & 6th, these are private dates, you can only go on 7th if you have business pass. Even i am there in Delhi from 5th to 7th, but unfortunately i will be able to attend only half day on 7th as i am returning back on same day.

Hope we meet there on 7th.[/quote']

I'll see if I can arrange passes for you as well for the 6th. I know one of the organisers of the fair, so can probably swing a few extra passes. :)

It will be really of great help if you can arrange for 6th as then i can cover full expo with ease.

If you register on the auto expo website in visitor's registration page, you get a mail which entitles you to a free business visitors pass. however, it is only valid from 7th to 11th. @adit, can you get more than one pass for the 6th, as i am having the same issues as bs, it will be a great help.

Suzuki SX4 hatchback to debut at Auto Expo 2010

Maruti Suzuki will be showcasing a hatchback version of its popular SX4 at Auto Expo 2010. The Prussian Blue Pearl SX4 hatchback on display at the Auto Expo is a 2.0 litre machine that has been exclusively imported for display at India

mods : please delete this post if it is already posted

Kizashi could well be displayed by Suzuki at 2010 AutoExpo

Even though Maruti Suzuki has maintained that it is yet to take a final call on its

Here is what the Auto Expo's website mentions regarding the visiting hours:

Exhibition Schedule

January 5th, 2010

Media Day

Goodwill Day: Special arrangements for visit of Physically Challenged

January 6th, 2010

Official Opening Ceremony

Special Invitess:1000hrs-1900hrs

January 7th, 8th & 11th, 2010: (Weekdays)

Business Visitors:1000hrs-1500hrs

General Visitors:1500hrs-1900hrs

January 9th & 10th, 2010: (Weekend)

Trade / General Visitors: 1000hrs -1900hrs

So according to the above, general visitors will be allowed for the full day only on the weekend!

@ BornFree: You haven't done your hotel booking yet!! Normally douring these kind of expo's hotels get sold out months in advance, anyway hope you get one.

I am in two minds whether to come or not but if I do I think the 11th looks the best bet as it is working day, so the crowd will be much less and I can try to get a business visitor pass for myself.

Does anybody have an idea how many hours it would take to see the whole show?

@Subzero, as a matter of fact I still haven't made reservations! There are a couple of things coming in the way, though if Im unable to book, I can easily drive down & go back the same day. This is how I did the last time around, did turn out to be hectic though!

It takes 4-5 hrs to move about the whole show. If there's huge rush, keep 6-8 hrs aside.

Actually i have query, What if i know the exhibitor at Auto-expo, i mean can they arrange a pass for me on 6th. Because my uncle knows one of exhibitor and is trying for me to visit it on 6th.

Also, @Rssh & Bornfree, if you havent booked your tickets or hotel, try to come on 7th so that we can have a meet.

@ BornFree:I am in two minds whether to come or not but if I do I think the 11th looks the best bet as it is working day' date=' so the crowd will be much less and I can try to get a business visitor pass for myself.

[/quote'] @Subzero, well i think 11th can see rush as it will be the last day and there will be many who might check in for the last date, almost all good exhibitions have rush on last date as many miss out for some reason on other days and thus visits on last day. 7th,8th and 11th are weekdays.

bluesapphire2009-12-30 06:27:43

Sure, Im game for a meet at the expo.

Im still not decided on the dates though, have some appointments on 3rd/4th after which I shall be able to confirm dates.

On second thoughts, ACI covers the show pretty well, if in case I give it a slip this time, not much will be lost because next issue of ACI will carry a in-depth coverage.

Hi all,

I am in the middle of my training in Hyderabad and shall be missing AutoExpo10.

Very eager to know all the news from each one of you who would be there.  Waiting for some good snaps from you all.

And,

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.

I pray to Lord Sri Venkateswara to shower HIS choicest blessings on you all.