bkpreddy

New Car 5-8L (earlier 5-6.5)

For general purpose if you dont do atleast 1000 km a month go for the petrol car. i20 would be the best if you dont feel the lack of power. If not go for the Ritz petrol, because, it has the best engine in my opinion for a car in this price range.

Regarding diesel(i.e. running>1000km/month) go for i20 if you can afford. If not go for Swift, however again I would like you to have a look at its brother Ritz, same engine better space.

At 6.5l ac budget you can go for tata manza if u r satisfied with the

quality of materials new car and main thing is it got its Fiat engine

(both in petrol and diesel).

or just wait for a couple of months for new launches in India with BS4 compliance..

Hi Frnds' date='

I want to buy the new Car of worth between 5 to 6.5 lacs  on long term perspective ,Either disel or petrol.

I n mind I have  i20, Fabia Disel, Swift Disel

Regards,

Praveen

[/quote']

As you say will use on long journeys

Yup. You should wait till all manufacturers come up with BS4 compliant engine. To your query, I feel Manza, though a dull looker is definitely a good choice because of the added convenience of boot space, Fiat 1.3MJT and the mouth watering price. If that doesnt suit you, I recommend the Punto MJT and then the Fabia. I20 is too expensive for you.

My vote goes for Tata Indica Manza Aura Plus. At that price, what you get is a great car, good mileage, good safety, good ICE, a recent model, very well established ASS network and an excellent vehicle for long drives with good enough boot space. All this provided, you like to own a sedan instead of a hatchback. I personally suggest a sedan as it is well suited and well balanced car for long drives where you may need a good amount of boot space.      

My vote goes for Tata Indica Manza Aura Plus. At that price' date=' what you get is a great car, good mileage, good safety, good ICE, a recent model, very well established ASS network and an excellent vehicle for long drives with good enough boot space. All this provided, you like to own a sedan instead of a hatchback. I personally suggest a sedan as it is well suited and well balanced car for long drives where you may need a good amount of boot space.      [/quote']

I heard everything from your mouth all the things that i wanted to say.

i am presently looking to buy a car in the range of 6-8 lacs my monthly run would be around 1200-1400 km and a big tour to ladakh or goa evry Quarter or so

as i am the only one to use the car in the family i am highly confused as to which would be the best car for me that would have power as well not good but decent mileage to drive around . maintenance is also an issue as i don't want my car lying in the workshop after a long tour or so .i have no clue abt any of the cars .

Thank you