abhigtr

Crusing issues on cruze

Guys I and my dad have booked the Cruze Ltz in velvet red  and will be taking the delivery in a month or Jan   and I was planning to take the new car to Mangalore by going via the beautiful Chennai-Bangalore highways since its a best way to know on the performance  and   the major confusion is it safe to use the new car on the journey and sine the speed is limited to 60km/hr till the first service. Decide on the precaution on whether or not I should take the Cruze and  keep it in home and use my dads Punto.

Will post the pics of my car soon  and  my dad is worried since the time of selling the car in future it will be sold as a 2009 model even if my dad is buying in JAN 2010 ......to the next car dealer if buying a future car  since the Chevrolet dealer told the chasis no will be in 2009 and the dealer I will be selling the car will know about it .....my father wants to take the car in JAN 14TH but i want the car by DEC 21ST please help me out  on when to take delivery as he is worried what date will be issued on the chasis and RC book the dealer say that from feb new cars will be produced havin the 2010 mft date but there will be hike of 14.6lacs for the ltz which is 60,000 rs more  so suggest either get it next month or jan or feb  .... my dad is worried about the resale and I kept tellin him thats resale will be low  and i am keen to have the car for years to come since a chevrolet optra owner I feel that cruze will last for years to come.

Post edited

Note from mod: Please take care to post in proper English & use Capital letters where required.
BornFree2009-11-22 17:04:35

Your post is pretty confusing because of bad english, please take care next time you post.

You don't have to maintain kmph for a new car, where did you hear that? You can safely take a new car upto 2500rpm which in 5th gear will easily translate into 100+kmph, if I am not wrong as this is a diesel engine.

Yes, registering your car in Dec 2009 instead of Jan 2010 will reduce the resale value a bit.

So whats your question  really ? The resale value in 3 years, you will get 40% of the value you paid. in 4 years you should get about 35%

Get the car jan14th if its 2010 dilivery ! Its more practical.. you just want the car to show off when its holiday time for everyone ?

To what i know is that you must not rip a new diesel car untill you passed 1000 km.

Post edited

Note from mod: Personal attacks of any kind on fellow members will not be tolerated. Also, take care to post in proper English & use Capital letters where required.
BornFree2009-11-23 13:32:19

If the car sells well and proves its reliability in long term, it will have better resale, but then you cant know the future of car but yes 2010 registered/manufactured car will get you better resale as dealers insist on registered or manufactured year. But individual doesnt insist on this criteria, if your car is maintained it can fetch you better amount.

@abhigtr: Kindly read thru' what you type before posting. I know English has been totally transformed by the computer and mobile phone; but this is the height. On first read, sound's pure 'gibberish'; look's like a post after gulping down three large's.

I think that we have already covered, that too in detail, the two topics raised by abhigtr.  The issue of `2009-manufactured car-registered in 2010' and the issue of `taking a brand new car on long drives'.    I strongly suggest him to read the earlier topics on these two issues.  There's hardly anything new which we need to add now.

No one can assure anyone regards resale value of any car 4 year's down the line. If you don't want such hassle's I suggest you lease a car rather than buy it. Chevy's been having bad residual's across model range, why the Cruze must be an exception beat's me.

omg .....never thought my english skills were so bad must have been due to fast typing  sorry anyways .....anyways thanks for all your help guys ...i decided to take delivery of the car on dec 21st and for goodness sake car owners in other countries usually sell thier car in about 2 years to max ....so why not in india......and sorry to make mistakes in the 2nd paragraph  and @durango dude ....i didnt have three larges before writin this .....it was my fast typing that made this mistake......