Sandy

Tata Venture- Launched

Tata is planing to introduce tata ace van.

Specious as Tata Magic.

1) Tail lamps are like Mercedes Viano.
2) Vista Like Dashboard
3) Seating is 2+2+3

4) Price: Appros 4 Lakh
232596d1258886574-scoop-tata-ace-van-kil

232597d1258886574-scoop-tata-ace-van-kil

232598d1258886574-scoop-tata-ace-van-kil

232600d1258886738-scoop-tata-ace-van-kil

source: teambhp
Sandy2009-11-23 05:30:56

The two biggest drawbacks of the Maruti's Omni are

a.  lack of a suitable AC unit and

b.  the paper-thin front aluminium sheet in front of the driver and co-passenger, which is too thin and not at all safe.  

If this Tata Ace Van can provide a good AC (the photos shows one AC unit on the dashboard console) and better safety with a more-solid front, it could be a winner.

But, anything above 4 lakhs will be a negative aspect.  Around 3 to 3.5 lakhs, it could find many takers.    Omni costs 2.5 lakhs.  Add one lakh max for good AC unit and other safety features.  Beyond 3.5 lakhs ..... ummmmm... It would be very difficult for Tatas to sell.

It has been on the news since last few months,even tata has shown its prototype sometime a year back.

May it doesn't have the flaws same as that of the Omni as mentioned above by ramesh plus it seems to get the definite advantage over it by having Diesel engine(may be a 2-cyl from ace/magic or new 3-cyl design derived from Indica's.),a better Indica Vista-ish interior bits like dash,steering wheel,etc.

Plus,an calculated(Ace+additional bits costs) price tag of some 3-3.5 lacs makes it more healthy package.

But actually to me this typical bonnet-less design is not practical as it compromises on safety & efficiency(engine & its thermal effects,etc.) instead the short bonnet design like as that of Versa/Winger makes more sense & seems to be more trendy & practical.

Yesterday's news is that Maruti stopped manufacture of Versa.  That means, there is a vaccum to be filled in for this type of vehicle.  Maruti, I understand, is to bring in a new van in replacement of Versa.  It would be prudent for Tata Motors to wait till that replacement van by Maruti is launched. 

Ace scores over Ecco on

1. Looks both Interior & Exterior

2. Diesel

3. PS, PW, CL

4. Space

Ace van (has to be similar to this)232740d1258907801-scoop-tata-ace-van-kil

114882.jpg

Pic: Team-Bhp

@mods, i couldn't upload resized image, some error msg is coming while uploading image.
creativebala2009-12-26 07:17:25

I too feel that this Ace Van may not be picked up by families.  But, certainly by smaller taxi operators, mostly owner-cum-driver segment who ply vehicles on rural/semi-rual areas, on a cost-per-seat basis (also known as shared-vehicles).  This looks classy than their own Ace Magic or any other diesel Auto.  Diesel economy, cheaper spares, wider ASS locations, higher aspirational value will certainly make this a successful product. 

TATAs know how to create niche markets and be a leader therein.

In a country where people still buy Omni for family mobilty(still selling around 8k every month), i don't think people would think twice to buy Ace Van for little more when they get Diesel Heart, AC, PW, PS, CL, 4 pilot seats, 7 front facing seats, sub 4L pricing.

Actually, this Van is going to create a segment of its own. i.e.,

Economic yet Feature Rich Diesel People mover

With Creativebala,

The above features are enough to blow up the soon to be launched Maruti Eeco, only diesel engine option can be the sole point behind it.

Rest, I like its looks, finishing & interiors from its above latest pics. The Omni might feel the heat from it when launched even with huge price gap.

Can anyone tell me where it'll be sold, in an Indica or Ace showroom, so its class demarcation seems to be still unclear. .

@CB: This was what I was expecting from Tata, looks great and great VFM. Only hope it doesn't make the "Dug Dug" sound while on the move. It will require a refined powerplant visavis the ACE load carrier: "Chinna Yaanai"

Durango Dude2010-01-05 17:27:29

This Auto Expo has thrown too much at us, that it will take time to assimilate and analyze  all the product's and get a clear signal from the manufacturer's as to when they will be on the road's. Venture looks good and interior's are also reasonable, but doubt being the refinement of the product. Very difficult to 'Venture' in for a brand new Tata product with all it's gremlin's.

Nice looking and very practical van for Indian families. But Tata could have positioned the engine at the front end under a bonnet to increase the safety of the passengers and reduce the noise and heat inside the passenger cabin. I think there is only one door for 6 passengers. So there will be so much rush like getting into a bus.

I think there is only one door for 6 passengers. So there will be so much rush like getting into a bus.

That way you won't have 'fat cat's' parking the vehicle right in the middle of the road and disembarking on the wrong side; posing a danger unto themselves and other's.

Yes D.D you are right. This will be mostly used for Taxi and the absence of the rear RHS door will be safer for the passengers in one aspect. While on the other hand, in case of an accident it will be more difficult to save the ones trapped inside. Also consider the absence of a projecting bonnet. I feel that on the safety aspect this vehicle is not a good choice. But it will sell in good numbers  for its diesel advantage, low price and space.jimgeo2010-01-06 13:42:56

Tata Magic based products are very popular in the rural areas...recently I was driving down from Lucknow to Delhi and was pleasantly surprised to see that these have completely replaced Mahindra Jeeps! This too should sell well in semi urban & school van markets.