5u3zEr0

6 1/2" Components for my Civic

Guys, I need a new set of front speakers for the Civic. I want 6.5" Components which sound subtle and soft, not bright sounding speakers as I do not like treble that much. But they should be good with bass as I like a lot of bass upfront. The components will be powered by an Alpine MRV-345 which makes 75w RMS per channel......I can bridge it if necassary too. Please don't suggest Pioneer, Kenwood & JBL

Though getting it from the US in an option, I will have to wait for maybe months to get them. Which I don't want to now.

The Alpine's look pretty impressive but at the same time, they look pricey! I don't want to spend so much, my budget is around 8k but can stretch it to 10k if I am getting something special.

@ sb-alto: Thanks for the input but none of those brands are good for speakers.

Hope you get to saving up quickly and buying those speakers. How much do they retail for?

Never heard about Illusion Audio, let me look them up and I am not keen on Infinity. Have you heard any speakers from Image Dynamics, Boston, Polk or Focal?

They can be had for 50% off the sticker price in the US. I'm getting one shipped - with duty and everything. I'll probably lay my hands on them sometime in late December.

Funny thing is, I currently don't have a car that I'd want to install them into.

The Ilusion Audio's are very good for their price.

The other's you mentioned will easily cross the 10K figure in India. If sourcing from the US then also consider PPI (Precision Power) - there are some great deals to be had on them. Also add DLS you your list.

I've heard Focal's and Boston's - I wouldn't buy them at the prices they sell for in India. dtandon2009-11-25 12:50:37

Finally bought myself an Image Dynamics 6.5" Component speaker set. Just got them installed last week along with my full stereo in my Civic and they sound sweet. 

Who much? where bought? who installed?

Seems, you are entering your territory in a phased manner.

Adding/upgrdaing parts is the way I develop. Bought them from a website called woofersetc. and got them shipped to my cousin's place in the US as my family was there during that time. They brought it with them when they came back to India. Costed me close to Rs.10,000, much lesser than what they cost here.

Just a friendly warning. Unless like Subzero you are an audio guru, do not meddle with the audio setup of a mid to higher end car unless you know what you are doing. replacing speakers, etc. is ok but anything beyond ... take care.

@ SG: Thanks for the compliments but I am no Audio guru smiley9.gif, I just know a bit more than people around here as I have a passion for car audio. And there are many who know much more than me.

ID CTX 65cs sound very good , lil bright but that can be tuned . ID makes one of the best speakers and subs . But i would suggest you to burn in the speakers properly with lower gains for atleast 40-50 hours. 

Its always better to run in your speakers by not playing them at high volumes not necassarily lower gains to my knowledge and I am doing that. Its now two weeks since I got them installed and the gains are set at a little bit more than half way. And I also don't intend increasing them even after they run in. They sound NICE!