Power

The Skoda Laura Thread

That is incorrect information. Our Laura ran brilliantly with Standard Fuel. I repeat' date=' STANDARD, not speed/93/97 etc. [/quote']

i got the new laura 1.8tsi, & i have asked in team-bhp forums, i got answers from a mod(GTO) who asked a top skoda engineer, the laura runs better on 95ron fuel, i m not saying it cant run on 91 octane, it runs better with 95ron thats what i m trying to say,

cheers..

How many models  are there on the jetta ?

My skoda dealer called me up today - December Discounts are out.

70 K discounts ont he laura pertrol' date=' sadly no discounts on diesel.
[/quote']

hey everyone......

There is a offer on Laura Diesel also (End year Discount)

It's a Free maintainance  Scheme till 45,000kms that means three free services which costs about Rs 40,000.

Today I had a conversation with the Krishna Autos (Chandigarh Dealer), He told me this.

Thanks. 

@BS

TD of?Jetta didnt enthuse me. I ruled out Jetta since then. driver wise' date=' Laura (including TDI) is definitely better.The Black Jetta comes with beige interiors. White and Silver has black interiors.
[/quote'] Well overall i liked Jetta more than Laura(obviously diesel), i liked the looks and its build quality more. Also its better engineered overall, on outside engine may be noisy but its not the same inside, although ACi said handling was better with Laura, may be it was but not much different.

@Dtandon, Here the Volkswagen dealer is giving 21k discount and 9/9.5% rate of interest on Jetta 1.9TDi Trendline(Manual). This offer was made by them in november end, i am not aware of DSG model deals, but i think its the same. Its the Passat which is having good deal but not on Jetta's.

@BS

Being an enthusiast driver, i can tell you that Jetta loses out after you cross 140. Stretch them closer to the limits, you will know why laura stands out. I agree the quality and look of jetta is better, but laura is not bad either.

I 've seen on various auto sites in India that New Laura TSI averages 12 kmpl in city and 17 kmpl on highay driving...but most posts here differ..Can anyone pls confirm the FE figures for New Laura

I was just going to ask how much is the laura petrol average - smiley1.gif it seems my answer was waiting for me.

Any Laura 1.8tsi owners in here, please justify  eightchaff statement.

Edit - Was just thinking if the petrol is giving 12 in city, then the diesel will gave 18 in city ?????smiley32.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------

I am buying the ambience model ( deisel or petrol not sure )

I want to put - wooden panel, leather seats, Xenon lights and probally a Gps system. i was wondering if some could get me a cheaper deal since i would be paying 80 k for all that. Any from mumbai who could help me out ?
Power2009-12-07 21:50:41

@BS

Being an enthusiast driver' date=' i can tell you that Jetta loses out after you cross 140. Stretch them closer to the limits, you will know why laura stands out. I agree the quality and look of jetta is better, but laura is not bad either.
[/quote'] Well i dont know that as i havent drove it to that limit. I went upto 100kmph. And what do you mean by loses out, loses out on stability or power?

Because i have heard that it can easily reach upto 180 or even more and it has best high speed stability. My 1.3 OHC reaches 140 easily so i dont think that Jetta will lost out that easily on 140 itself.

Other members, can you help me on this.

It loses out stability as well as power too. I drove it till 160 but after 140 it's struggling. On the other hand the stability is not as good as Laura.
Well i dont know whether it loses out on power(i hope it does not), for that i have to TD it again at high speeds. But even ACi said that for high speed stability, its hard to beat Jetta, so in noway i think Laura is better than Jetta when stability is considered.

Well i dont know whether it loses out on power(i hope it does not)' date=' for that i have to TD it again at high speeds. [/quote']

@BS we are not asking you, we are just telling you our experience. I dont think we get anything speaking in favour of one aspect of a car against other. Finally its you who will take the call after you you have evaluated  in your own way. It may fit you or may not. Just use the pointers from our feedbacks to help you make a decision.

Well yes its our decision but seriously if it breathes out after 140kmph than i am out of buying it' date=' but still its hard to believe. Otherwise i quite liked the car.[/quote']

Dude skoda has changed > so many dealers who sold fake parts > they licences are over with skoda. I highly reccommend re-consider.

December discount - free insurance - contact your dealer for more details.

and petrol also free insurance + 47 k.

Owning a laura is more classier then owning a cruze.

===========

If you keep thinking you will never end up buying a car. Buy laura amience and put wooden panel and leather seat covers. ( it will look like a L&K)
Power2009-12-08 21:34:57

@Power, my last post was in reference to VW Jetta and not Cruze. Its just not that I will never buy a car, thinking is necessary and we are planning for January buy so till then I can keep thinking. For now I dont like the looks of Laura(its good but now seems quite old). BornFree2009-12-09 04:32:30

Well i am getting dilivery of my laura by 25th - the dealer told me to > he will block a temporary number plate and then i will register my car on jan first week.

Well i am?getting dilivery of my laura by 25th - the dealer told me to > he will block a temporary number plate and then i will register my car on jan first week.
Congrats, so finally you decided for petrol or diesel and which variant?

And also what are the features available in variant you selected?

And the delivery date is decided by you or is there any waiting for the car?

Congrats, so finally you decided for petrol or diesel and which variant?
And also what are the features available in variant you selected?
And the delivery date is decided by you or is there any waiting for the car?

Petrol 1.8TSI in black colour. I put - Wooden panel, Xenon lights, Leather seats and a gps system all for 70k. ( whole deal was turning around 95k)

My car is exactly like elegance, only thing it dosent has is - auto ac and 16inches alloys.

I 've seen on various auto sites in India that New Laura TSI averages 12 kmpl in city and 17 kmpl on highay driving...but most posts here differ..Can anyone pls confirm the FE figures for New Laura

That looks more like Wagon R FE figure's to me & a little over the top for Laura TSI, don't expect over 8 kmpl City and 12 max on the highway.

Just to let you to know guys, I cancelled booking for the petrol and am going in for the diesel, My dad has some impluence in jmd skoda, now he is 40 k off on the diesel which turns out to be the price of petrol.

So now am getting - laura ambience - with wodden pannel, xenon lights, leather seats, Gps > all the extra for 60 k - ( do u think its a steel ?)

Sadly my dad to canceled black because he hears about the maintainence issues.. So he booked cappuino beige.

taking dilivery on Jan 3rd for 2010 registration.

thank you guys for ur help and supportsmiley4.gif

Power2009-12-11 20:38:28