Power

The Skoda Laura Thread

Just to let you to know guys' date=' I cancelled booking for the petrol and am going in for the diesel, My dad has some impluence in jmd skoda, now he is 40 k off on the diesel which turns out to be the price of petrol.

So now am getting - laura ambience - with wodden pannel, xenon lights, leather seats, Gps > all the extra for 60 k - ( do u think its a steel ?)

Sadly my dad to canceled black because he hears about the maintainence issues.. So he booked cappuino beige.

taking dilivery on Jan 3rd for 2010 registration.

thank you guys for ur help and supportsmiley4.gif

[/quote']

GOOD choice bro, enjoy your car,

cheers..

@power

can you clearly specify what offer you are getting on 1.9 TDI ambiente and TSI ambiente. Are you adding the accesories from the dealer or from outside?

Be cautious if get it done from outside, adding xenon lamps to ambiente may void your warranty.

I checked with Skoda folks. What they offered me is the following:

TSI - free insurance (amounting to some 40k) + leather seats (stanley) +teflon coat+other small accesories(mud flaps,mats etc)

TDI - flat 25k instead of free insurance. Rest all same as TSI offer.

I was told the stanley leather seats would cost 40K+. If thats true, then its a decent offer.

@power

can you clearly specify what offer you are getting on 1.9 TDI ambiente and TSI ambiente. Are you adding the accesories from the dealer or from outside?

Be cautious if get it done from outside' date=' adding xenon lamps to ambiente may void your warranty.

I checked with Skoda folks. What they offered me is the following:

TSI - free insurance (amounting to some 40k) + leather seats (stanley) +teflon coat+other small accesories(mud flaps,mats etc)

TDI - flat 25k instead of free insurance. Rest all same as TSI offer.

I was told the stanley leather seats would cost 40K+. If thats true, then its a decent offer.

[/quote']

Am getting the 1.9 ambience TDI. Am putting everything from the show room, not taking a risk from doing outside.

Well my dad knows one of the owners of jmd, so thats why am getting bigger magin of discounts ( the Jmd owner told my dad to get diesel instead of petrol, because my driver will be driving the car mostly, they average is way better and the re-sale will make a huge diffrence)

What the diffrence between stanley and nappa ? i didnt find any much of diffrence.

Jdrive which city are your from m8 ?

So for TDI you are getting:

1) Flat discount of 40K

2) Leather seats + wooden panel + xenon lights + Gps for 60K  

How much flat discount was offered to you for TSI? I am in bengaluru. Let me know if your friendly dealer can extend his friendliness upto here.

Whats the diffrence between octy1.9 and laura 1.9 ?

My friend has a octy since last 3 years, his bhp is to 105. how much diffrence is there between these to vehicles ? What make the laura more superior other then the  interiors and exteriors ?

Octavia in India is based on A4 platform while Laura comes on A5.

I thought the Octavia came with 1.9TDI 90 bhp engine while Laura comes with 1.9TDI-PD 100 bhp engine.

Prominent among other changes are independent rear suspensions.

@power

can you reply to my query on discount on TSI plz?

So for TDI you are getting:

1) Flat discount of 40K

2) Leather seats + wooden panel + xenon lights + Gps for 60K  

How much flat discount was offered to you for TSI? I am in bengaluru. Let me know if your friendly dealer can extend his friendliness upto here.

85 k was the final discount i was getting on the petrol, + some scemes on emi for 3 years.

about the extras, i am getting on cost because my dads friends brother is one of the directors for skoda.

The deal is allready done, The coming sunday i will go and find out if they can help you in your city. Calcutta right ?

I am hearing the laura VRS is coming out on the first week of feb, 200 bhp, 2.0 TSI - wow

Am i considering to wait but before i make the decision - will the average be the same or lower ?

I am hearing the laura VRS is coming out on the first week of feb' date=' 200 bhp, 2.0 TSI - wow

Am i considering to wait but before i make the decision - will the average be the same or lower ?
[/quote']

well these rumours are going on since years, dont bet on it, when it launches in india we will see what the average is smiley17.gif

@power

How does the arrival of vRS affect your decision? You have anyway decided upon TDI instead of 1.8 TSI.

2.0 TSI will be more powerful, priced high and will consume more fuel than 1.8.

I think the only decision you should worry about is skoda migrating to the more advanced Common rail engine for its cars in india.  VW, Skoda, Audi all are phasing out the TDi engines for CRi engines in Europe. So if that happens in india within next 2 years, the TDI resale may fall heavily.

On the contrary 1.8 TSI is latest petrol engine and will continue to stay even if skoda/VW roll out new cars with 2.0 TSI and 1.4 TSI.

I feel 1.8 will be perfect blend of power and FE for use in India. Still we dont have too many takers for it. Surprising!

@power

How does the arrival of vRS affect your decision? You have anyway decided upon TDI instead of 1.8 TSI.

2.0 TSI will be more powerful' date=' priced high and will consume more fuel than 1.8.

I think the only decision you should worry about is skoda migrating to the more advanced Common rail engine for its cars in india.  VW, Skoda, Audi all are phasing out the TDi engines for CRi engines in Europe. So if that happens in india within next 2 years, the TDI resale may fall heavily.

On the contrary 1.8 TSI is latest petrol engine and will continue to stay even if skoda/VW roll out new cars with 2.0 TSI and 1.4 TSI.

I feel 1.8 will be perfect blend of power and FE for use in India. Still we dont have too many takers for it. Surprising!

[/quote']

couldnt agree with you more,

@power dont understand ow you jumped to laura vrs from 1.9tdi ambientsmiley3.gif

huge difference in both cars in specs & price, the laura vrs wont be below 20lacs for sure, you rather go in for the 1.8tsi.

@power

I thought it was good deal for 85k discount on TSI. Can you find out from your dad's friend if that can be offered in bangalore?

try bargaining with your skoda dealer in banglore, tell him skoda mumbai is giving u for that pricesmiley4.gif

@power

I thought it was good deal for 85k discount on TSI. Can you find out from your dad's friend if that can be offered in bangalore?

try bargaining with your skoda dealer in banglore' date=' tell him skoda mumbai is giving u for that pricesmiley4.gif[/quote']

Usually Skoda has single dealer's only, so you can't haggle too much and say you'll get it form the other guy coz mostly theres "no" other guy in the same city, so you have to go back to him whether you like it or not, be it sales or service; thats what scares me.

Originally posted by Power

I am hearing the laura VRS is coming out on the first week of feb, 200 bhp, 2.0 TSI - wow

You are indeed a greedy guy, Power, what average do you expect from a 200 bhp 2.0 liter sedan city will be like 6-7 kmpl at best and 9-10 on the highway if you do some "easy riding".

Durango Dude2009-12-16 16:59:28

Usually Skoda has single dealer's only' date=' so you can't haggle too much and say you'll get it form the other guy coz mostly theres "no" other guy in the same city, so you have to go back to him whether you like it or not, be it sales or service; thats what scares me.

[/quote']

In mumbai we have 3 skoda dealers, autoban, autograph & jmd skoda, so i bargained with my skoda dealer using that way i mentioned smiley4.gif

@power

I thought bengaluru was bengal ( caltcutta )

forgot they changed the name... i spoke to my dealer on phone about it... he told he would let me know.. now i hv to called him tell him tell for b'lore...

i am going meet him on sunday, i will surely let  u know.. i will try my best.

TAFE Bangalore have offered me 50 K flat discount on TSI but no leather seats etc. He said he spoke to mumbai dealer and found that the 80k discount was attibuted to the new price (increase by some 25k) that will be in effect from Jan 2010.  Thats a bull sh*t story he is building up.

Earlier he had said 40K discount + leather seats. Now he claims he did not mention leather seats.

Thats pissing me off. More so i dont like their posturing attitute. Getting a glimpse of what folks have been crying aloud about skoda dealers' apathetic attitude. Iam quite sure the A.S.S too will suck.

Anyway, we have now decided against a new car for now. Will wait till SUV gets delivered later next year.

power and others.. Thanks for the support.

Accordin to todays paper the Laura 1.8 TSi is available at a price of 12.49L (ex-showroom, Delhi). Which is equivalent to about 80-90K discount.

But the price is the least of anyones worries. The car in itself is so great that it is worth the full price BUT the real problem is the after sales service which according to other ACI forum users is probably the worst in India.

reading the thread i get that you bought the diesel laura.. so hows the experiance???

and you tell me about the gps system that you were getting installed? is it like the one that comes in l&k??? and also about the xenon projectors(their cost)?????