sahil10

Dzire Diesel problem

My dzire has a problem when it goes upto speeds of 100-110kmph. If u release the accelerator at these speeds and then again press it fully the car does not respond for a second or two and afterwards it picks up. What could be the prob? The mechanic was telling that diesel tank may contain impurities bt nthng was found. plz help on this

I don't really know what could be wrong. But is it happening only in 5th? If so, do the same thing in 4th and then report back. Did the problem recently start occurring?

Also check the engine oil level. Has it gone down? Do you suspect it was overfilled?

FRG

FuelRunGod2009-11-30 17:09:39

would be better to know the following first

what is the mileage clocked in speedo

what is the vehicle speed during deceleration.

If the engine rpm falls below 1750, during deceleration, it may take some time to respond because of turbo lag. better to have a comparison with new vehicle than doing unnecessary repairs, adjustements. may not be related to fuel

i think that it might be the overrun protection system of the engine!!!in this while the car is moving at fast speeds and you release the accelaator pedal fully,the ecu will cut the fuel supply to the engine!!!well so it says in the owners manual of my cruze smiley2.gif

@Vignesh:

This overrun protection system is something I too have read about,but at the same time it is also mentioned that the engine does not take any time to respond in this case,while Sahil's problem is something else.

I think this is due to either overfill as suggested by Dtondon,as once I have felt something similar in my Innova but it rectified itself after 500-600kms.