Anand Sivaraj

November 2009 sales

Sales compared to last year November,

Maruti Suzuki - 87,807 with 66.57% growth,

Hyundai  - 55,265 with 28.5% growth,

General Motors - 7118 with 65% growth,

Mahindra & Mahindra - 21387 with 105% growth,

TATA - 45,080 with 196 units lesser than last year.

HMIL - 55,265 with 28.5% growth

source:  Rediff business.

Here is the GM sales brake up:

Spark 4202, Tavera 1264, UVA 524, Aveo 412, Cruze 518, Optra 114 & captiva 84.

Spark going in good number month by month. It got 3rd yes JDP IQS award.

Tavera same range cant compete with innova they will not faceout this.
UVA, Aveo, Optra & Captiva no improvement.

CRUZE desent number but expected 600. GM still need to work out on Cruze.

Honda just 2% increase: 

City: 3856; Civic: 551; Accord: 172; Jazz: 546. There were no dispatches for Honda CR-V during November 09.

City is the only is doing well for honda. They have alredy sold 50000 units from the launch.

Civic impressed numbers after cruze launch also.I thought it will come down.

Jazz cant go up from 500 numbers.

CR-V what happend smiley11.gif... ?

The losers appear to be the Chevrolet Captiva and Optra (imagine these selling almost the same numbers -84 and114 respectively, though Captiva is priced at double of the Optra price.The Toyota Fortuner has taken the wind aout of the Captiva's sails.The Optra is searching for its identity in that Rs 10L segment.The Tavera too @ 1264 units is not selling too well these days-seems to have got that commercial Taxi tag.

The Spark sales are nothing to boast as a Rs 3L car selling 4202 units is no great achievement.But despite these sale figures GM sales are up 65% as compared to last year's maybe due to Spark sales picking up.

Honda is doing well but for the Jazz which is not attracting buyers due to its price tag. Whatever be Honda's claim a hatch is a hatch for we in India and hatches are bracketed in the B segment.

Hyundai and Maruti are upbeat but Tata is not getting all the attention maybe due to the Vista sales not picking up.Even the Indigo sales may have taken a dip as buyers may have been waiting for the new launch of the Manza.

The greatest joy is in seeing Mahindra&Mahindra sales picking up like mad.The Maxx and Bolero pickup are selling well.The Bolero is a hit with the taxi/mini truck segment and even with private buyers. Plus the Xylo and Scorpio are in demand.

I think you guys forgot Skoda! They managed a 183% increase year on year! Leading their team were all their 3 cars selling really well - Fabia, Laura and Superb..Once Skoda brings in a new sedan to replace Octavia, then more sales guaranteed!

Can someone please provide the car by car breakup of the sales, please. Thanks!

Sad to see a great car like the Jazz doing such abysmal numbers. Honda really needs to reconsider its pricing strategy regarding the CR-V and the Jazz.

Sad to see a great car like the Jazz doing such abysmal numbers.

?

That's because, Honda doesn't want sell Jazz in large numbers. Originally, Honda's target was to sell Jazz as much as half the number of City, which it did for first couple of month's. But due to steep pricing , the sales dropped. For me the sales are still acceptable, considering the price!    

I think you guys forgot Skoda! They managed a 183% increase year on year! Leading their team were all their 3 cars selling really well - Fabia' date=' Laura and Superb..Once Skoda brings in a new sedan to replace Octavia, then more sales guaranteed! [/quote']

Can any one get the brake down of skoda sales. In Skoda press release they have menstioned only 183 % increase. Where is the brake down sales smiley7.gif ?

Well , i20 is doing pretty well thanks to the Jazz people see i20 feature rich and cheaper option to the Jazz with same interior quality ( though lesser space) . My uncle has a white Jazz and once they came for a get together with other friends they said they will buy i20 1.2 asta to the Jazz .

Crv what crv! I think the only unit sold in august was for the wake up sid movie were the car looked pretty much new.

Any figures for Nissan and Camry?

The losers appear to be the Chevrolet Captiva and Optra (imagine these selling almost the same numbers -84 and114 respectively' date=' though Captiva is priced at double of the Optra price.The Toyota Fortuner has taken the wind aout of the Captiva's sails.

[/quote']

Captiva wearing the Chevy badge isnt the real looser its the CRV with zero sales though having the Honda badge and that too with the face-lifted model launched recently.

Honda with this sort of premium pricing on cars might be seeing itself on par with Merc's

What say guys?

cars-nov-2009-table-copy1.jpg

sales-graph-nov.jpgdeepakds2009-12-02 21:23:47

True. Cruze sold much less in Nov (500+) compared to what it sold in 20 days of Oct (800+)

Altis and Civic almost maintain the Oct figures.

Civic sales has dropped significantly after ANHC was introduced.   

Guess which Fiat car is selling more? 500 or Palio?

Points to be noted

1. i10 for the first time has outsold wagon r by a considerable margin. Way to go Hyundai!

2. Ritz has not done as well as MS would have liked it to. Things are not going to get easier for it when the Swift gets the same petrol engine too.

3. i20 continues to sell very respectable nos. I think they were aiming 1500 units a month at launch!

4. SX4 sales have revived withe the upgrade and it has reaffirmed its second position in the petrol powered cars in the segment

5. No one is fighting the Altis. Its the fight for the second place between Cruxe and Civic which is the one to watch out for.

6. Xylo sales have gone down, at one point competing with innova it now has to fend of the Sumo Grande

7. There was a single sale of Tucson. I did not know if it was still on sale

Well ' date=' i20 is doing pretty well thanks to the Jazz people see i20 feature rich and cheaper option to the Jazz with same interior quality ( though lesser space) . My uncle has a white Jazz and once they came for a get together with other friends they said they will buy i20 1.2 asta to the Jazz .

Crv what crv! I think the only unit sold in august was for the wake up sid movie were the car looked pretty much new.

Any figures for Nissan and Camry?
[/quote']

comparable interior quality for i20 and jazz? jazz is many many years ahead of i20 in terms of interior and exterior quality, fit and finish, the dash and instrument clusters and overall quality  of i20 reminds of crude, cheap Chinese items, not fit for a 6 lakh hatch