CYRUS43

EXCLUSIVE SCOOP: Chevrolet Beat

From the pics' date=' I see Renuka has had a go at it. So expect to see it this Sunday on Autocar show?

[/quote'] I think Renuka has already driven the Beat once before I was just looking this years August ACI issue with Beat on the cover and Renuka was sitting in it.

I reeally don't think the interiors quality will match the i10 because that shiny black plastic looks filmsy and internal door handle look fragile though more sporty looking overall . Any idea about ABS & airbags? The tyre width in LTZ look less when you consider really big headlight and grill . A 16 incher won't look out of place in Beat.smiley4.gif

This must be the biggest thing for GM India after the Cruze and Beat,  its obvious  this car will attract younger generation. Hope Chevrolets next car will be Trax, hope the concept goes into production and must say the instrument cluster looks like the ones found in the modern bikes but still looks funky.

Post edited

Note from mod: Use Capital letters where required & avoid the use of "-----".
BornFree2009-12-03 14:47:48

The Beat equivalent in Korea - Matiz creative,(http://www.automobilesreview.com/auto-news/gm-daewoo-matiz-creative/17248/ , http://www.matizcreative.com/ ) came out with a new 1.0L engine, and UK (new Chevrolet Spark there - http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/FirstDrives/Chevrolet-Spark-1.2-LS/245351/) has both 1.0L and 1.2L, is there no such(1.0L) variant in India. A one litre variant with starting tag of 3.5 or less could do magic with sales numbers of this awsome car. Also is there no factory fitted LPG variant for Beat?. Chevy has the best(sequential injection) LPG kit in india.

For your information Chevrolet Trax concept car developed in April 2007 along with other two cars Groove and Beat, Chevrolet has decided the Trax will not go into production. So the next Possible launch from Chevrolet will be a replacement for Travera or the Aveo5 and new Face lifted Aveo(with some minor cosmetic change and an updated engine to meet BS4).

it looks really great it looks like mini hummer by the body style(except for the front grill).

Chevrolet is really working hard to overcome bankruptcy in US(the image which affects GM a lot) and there are lots of new arrivals recently the Orlando which was about to go into production,recently launched Cruze and the upcoming cars, GM rocks.

The Beat will be launched on the 4th of January!

That makes the launch date just 1 day before the Auto Expo 2010 which starts 5th Jan. Good platform for advertising the car..Good thinking GM..

The Beat is quite stunning to look at and the 1.2 petrol engine is quite refined. It's a pity the diesel engine is still a year away. Watch out for the Beat on this weekend's Autocar Show!

The Beat will be a welcome change in the quite bland Chevrolet Roster, with the exception of the Cruze of course.. Should do quite well with its pricing. The one in red looks quite attractive and appealing. Im sure this car would attract alot of Aftermarket tuners and Accessory Brands to make things like Grills Bodykits Etc.

A sign of good things to come in the Indian Auto Sector.

Hi, Just saw another review at Carwale

http://www.carwale.com/research/roadtests/view.aspx?id=49&pageId=1

Good to see a damn new good looking car but am quite surprised at the pricing of this car. With so much styling attached to it and so many features and good design GM sure must be hardpressed to price it at 3.75Lakh (base one).

I have read on web as to how all World class autos (except Tata, Maruti & probably Hyundai...... even nissan is finding it tough for their nano competitor) lose money on their Mini/Hatch cars and for a company which is just-out-of-bankruptcy, they must be doubly hard-pressed to keep their cost in limits to get us this price.

Although i am sure the final pricing would be roughly 10K lower than this to get the initial/launch acceptance but i think even at this price its a damn good proposition to a new buyer. I am sure game for one.

GM has done a fantastic job with the Beat. I hope Beat beats them all. Regarding the competition, well it will compete with i10, Rtiz, Swift, Vista and Figo. Although Swift is a segment higher, but to me it doesnt qualifies to the upper segment wrt space, quality, comfort, etc.

The fit and finish of Beat seems pretty good, it does look bold and dynamic and not delicate like Spark, and build quality seems good. The absence of rear door handle enhances the looks.

Interiors looks upmarket in terms of design, for quality well i think it might not be as i10. Dont know about Ritz though. The centre consoles looks quite neat and modern.

The rear space seems to be adequate, i hope the boot space is enough too.

Again Chevy has proved that they are very good at giving good ride quality but for that their Handling is always compromised although i quite like my Spark's handling.

The alloys should have been better, much better actually. These doesnt looks that good.

Looks wise its beat all, especially Ritz and i10, but Figo will sure beat the Beat in terms of space, build and interiors quality. For other we have to wait.

For now, i think Beat is the best bet, still will reserve my comments until it TD it.

And must say that the reports of Carwale is very detailed and good.