CYRUS43

EXCLUSIVE SCOOP: Chevrolet Beat

Figo will sure beat the Beat in terms of space' date=' build and interiors quality. [/quote']

@BS

To my knowledge, GM is as good as ford in BQ, I can't expect this line from a Spark owner , we can't conlclude on BQ without seeing it ourself in flesh.

Interior Quality - Beat is much better than Figo

The USP of Figo will be its Driver friendliness & the DURATORQ 

ya the absence(which is at the rear door quarter panel) of the rear handle makes it look like 3 door hatch or a small car, the rear window is very small and in addition to that the door handle occupies the space, so it has it own positives and negatives.

Anand Sivaraj2009-12-05 17:09:16

Saw the Autocar show today; interior's of the beat looked great; better than in the photo's. Yep, chevy's got a winner there. What's the top end price like and the spec. What a starting price, Rs. 3.6 lakhs. The top end must come somewhere near A-Star top end price of some 4.5 lakhs, fantastic value indeed!

@ cb

In an earlier thread about Figo you have praised Figo interiors in a big way. Beat interiors is surely not so good that it suddenly becomes much better than Figo. Plus in general interiors of Ford cars in India are very much of acceptable quality.

Do consider the 1.2 petrol Figo engine also. This is a little downgraded version of very popular 1.25 Zetec engine of Fiesta that is currently in sale in Europe. This offers superb Driveability & good FE. With a good difference in pricing between diesel & petrol, 1.2 should be the first choice for people who actually does not require a diesel.

I have hardly seen cars like Uva or Spark in good numbers in Europe. But surprised to see huge no of Fiestas(renamed Figo & the phased out one in Europe) not only in any particular country but across Europe.

Bottomline is Ford will be offering almost a Jazz sized hatch( however dont expect the quality to be as good as Honda) at the price of a Beat.

If you are looking for a good VFM hatch and not turned on by I20, wait and go for Figo.If money is no consideration go for Jazz!!

@Potu

I really appreciate your attention to details.

Figo's interiors are good (as good as Fiesta's), but Beat's interiors are so good (No comparison here), so fresh, so lively.

Actually GM's aim is to make Beat the best looking.(Interior/ Exteriior)

where as Ford's aim is to make figo a better package of ok looks, good interiors, best diesel (need of the hour)
creativebala2009-12-06 12:00:46

Figo will sure beat the Beat in terms of space' date=' build and interiors quality. [/quote']

@BS

?

To my knowledge, GM is as good as ford in BQ, I can't expect this line from a Spark owner , we can't conlclude on BQ without seeing it ourself in flesh.

?

Interior Quality - Beat is much better than Figo

?

The USP of Figo will be its?Driver friendliness & the DURATORQ?
Well CB, if we go by Fiesta and other Ford cars, Figo will have better build quality than Beat and for interior quality, well if Figo's are close to Fiesta than the quality should be better, for designing i have not seen so cant say anything about Figo, but i think designing wise Beat has better interiors. Also the Figo will have better space and handling, so if priced well it will give tough competition to Beat, Ritz and i10 also to swift.

But this time Chevy shouldnt have kept the LT option, instead they should have created a new top-end variant, because generally the option models(except few) are not marketed well and people generally dont opt for them, same was the case with Aveo, UVa and Spark. Instead they should have a different variant like LTZ or something like that. I hope the top-end variant is well-equipped and has key integrated remote, as thats the trend nowadays. Good that it has automatic climate control as i think i10 and Ritz doesnt have this. I hope the Beat does well.

Here is the Video link of Beat on You Tube:

After seeing the pictures and watching the video I feel that:

The door trims (interior) are too bland and comparable to that of Nano with just a single piece of plastic without any fabric inserts. (May be better looking in flesh)

The tail lamp cluster looks like an after market fitment.

The absence of rear quarter glass makes the car look smaller than what it is.

The position of the rear door handle is a copy of Alfa Romeo. Still looks ok since it is a new thing for the Indian market.

The front looks good and aggressive with the high bonnet.

The headlight cluster would have looked better if the size was smaller.

Overall, I dont feel it a great beauty but the concept model was very cute.

Ford Figo looks better in Indian saree eventhough she is an Ex Miss Europe.

Just now saw the Autocar Show on youtube, and according to Renuka Kirpalani, the Beat really seems to be promising, she also said that the interiors quality, the engine refinement, front and rear seat comfort and ride are quite good. Also its got 6CD changer with Aux-in and USB jack on top-end version which is again a good thing.

Overall i think this will be great product if priced correctly, and i dont think that this one will come with Chevy Promise as even the Cruze doesnt comes with it. So seems that new Chevy's wont be coming with this till they are selling well.

Hey Guys,

Any word on a facotry fitted LPG variant of the Beat, just waiting for it to get my first car? dont find any one enquring about this. The GM's factory fitted LPG kit(on spark) gives 13.7Kmpl(and it works - many user reviews) and at a fuel price of around Rs.30/litre sure intrests me, wonder why no one else is enquiring...

and its not Aveo u-va's engine' date=' i think a new engine from

Chevrolet to get excise duty benefits and to meet BS4,

[/quote']

It is infact the U-VA's engine.. a bit tweaked for supporting the BS4 norms. Tweaked for the better.. this one's more refined

[/quote']

It is infact the U-VA's engine.. a bit tweaked for supporting the BS4 norms. Tweaked for the better.. this one's more refined

Nope,it is not the aveo u-va engine.This is the second gen of the 1.0litre engine that does duty on the spark.That one is S-Tech and the one in the beat is S-Tech 2.It is a new engine.

[/quote']

Well definitely not.... somewhere i read its a new generation advanced 1200 CC petrol engine. This to me looks very much the case of 1.3L Multijet Diesel which almost everyone is using in India. Three companies Suzuki,Hyundai & GM coming up with 1.2L Petrol engine makes me suspect the much talked about Ritz/A-star KB series Engine, i10 Kappa Engine and this new Beat engine is a new collaboration effort just like 1300 CC diesel.

Hey Guys,

Any word on a factory fitted LPG variant of the Beat, just waiting for it to get my first car? dont find any one enquring about this. The GM's factory fitted LPG kit(on spark) gives 13.7Kmpl(and it works - many user reviews) and at a fuel price of around Rs.30/litre sure intrests me, wonder why no one else is enquiring...

Yesterday saw the Beat at its Talegaon plant in various colors at Car n bike show on NDTV. The green color they will launch is not that great as was in Spark, the Beat's green is like Palio's green . The Spark's Mint green is much better than Beat's green.

Well the Chevrolet Beat is a great pack.

But if the rear looks of the car would have been more good then it would have been tempting and best from other cars of this segment.

Though that speed meter console is something which I found unique.

BornFree2009-12-14 18:18:56

I bought my ACI Jan'10 mag issue today. there was a shootout between the i10 and the Chevy Beat in it.

As ACI guys put it, i10 has been the undisputed king of the small luxury hatch segment since the day it was launched. Beat(which was the underdog in this competition) was expected to be BEAT very easily by the i10 but suprisingly it turned out to be every bit of a champion and better than the i10.

The car provided futuristic and brilliant interiors which make the i10's look mundane. Great ride and handling coupled with fantastic looks which again make the i10 appear to be a generation behind. The i10 however did do better in outright performance and had marginally(.5 kmpl) better mileage than the Beat. Overall though the ACI experts consider the Beat to be a better package and a better buy.

I was thoroughly impressed with this car and when I read that spec-to-spec the Beat is not only 40K cheaper than the i10 but provided even more features(LT version of the Beat was compared with Sportz version of i10) I was bowled over.

If the Indian owners approach their car buying decisions with no inhibitions and no pre-concieved notion, we might just have our new small hatch KING in the making. smiley1.gif

I was driven around for in an i10 automatic a day ago, belonging to my brother in law(bil), which had met with a serious scrape with a lorry driven by a maniac, the car rolled down a ditch around 5ft deep. My bil had a miraculous escape he came out unscathed but shaken. The car front right end was fully damaged. It spent quiet a few days at Ramani Hyundai and had come back in pristine condition. I was driven around in the same car and there was no evidence of a major shunt at all and car was very refined and I had decided at that point of time that this would be the car for my son who is learning to drive.

I also read the Beat/i10 comparo, I'd say they have given it points in dept's that don't matter much. The seat comfort, engine/power delivery, gear shift, head room/legroom, airy cabin, fuel efficiency, boot space is much better in the i10. The only place Beat excel's is in the price and one can't compare Hyundai and Chevy's aftersales service, here Hyundai wins hand's down. I'd rather wait and see how the Beat does, rather hand the crown over to the Beat.

@DD I also think the same Hyundai's ASS is say 150% more better than MASS according to my experience so far.

Also people still don't wanna spend on the company which had gone bankrupt .