tinny9

2011 Elantra spied

Hi guys,

I have read in another Auto magazine (AutoBild- I hope its ok to mention the name here) that Hyundai will launch new Elantra with the increased wheelbase of 2700mm.

Anybody has any news on when its going to be launched and what will be its engine specs?

Thanks

I don't think the elentra will be launched any time soon , Hyundai said that they will add a boot to the i30 and sell it as Elentra sedan which will happen only in late next year.

Thanks for renaming.

Looking good till now but the side profile looks more like the AHNC which is not a good thing, also the grey interiors are not welcome, also with good price and diesel from the beginning and some mind blowing features than the competitors can give hyundai some good numbers, also now people slowly are believing in expensive hyundai's especially their new cars which are very well designed both inside out with good features.bluesapphire2009-12-22 10:16:37

Looks good but the coupe like roofline is eating into head room at the back but looks good and sleek compared to the old one and interior's are good. The high waistline combined with the low roofline gives it a good contemporary look.

Good catch, BS and good pics. smiley32.gifDurango Dude2009-12-22 12:08:54

kool looking car. hope hyundai brings it here in order to compete with  well established rivals like honda civic, toyota altis and skoda laura. hyundai has to excel in this segment and take a respectable share under its control like it does in the smaller segments with its ever popular models like santro xing, i10, i20 and verna.

Its looks are sure to have Indians queing up. Going by Hyundai's nomenclature, this should be called the i35? because i30 is an European hatch and i40 happens to be the Sonata YF.So lets see what Hyundai name it - an all new name will work better

With the looks, it is stunning and the styling cuts on the side profile remind me of the latest Prius.

Interiors have class-leading design and combined with GDI engines, the car will defiitely be a hit when it gets here.

Hyundai is going way funky with there new design these days just look at those sharp cut made in there new cars . I think this should be placed in the corolla and civic segment but naming it i40 will be better as the elentra didn't had a good past reputation. Now all Hyundai needs is brand image in upper segment . They should change the round looking verna with something like this .

What's is in the name !! (William Shakespeare).

But here it seems that its just the game of the name that can work wonders for the Hyundai, I mean they should really name it with something more innovative even than 'i' prefixed one, the i35 really sounds great, rather than beaten up 'Elantra' name to this otherwise really distinct & flashy looking car, really capable of filling the void between the Verna & Sonata.

It really seems to shake its segment with Hyundai's class leading diesel options.

Now that's why the Japaneese auto giants are sacred of koreans.

Beware Civic,Cruze,Laura,et al. dr_nishu2009-12-27 20:12:33

Dont know when Hyundai India realise that they CANT take indian Consumers as granted!!

One realtime example is Honda as a case study.

Hope HMIL come out of their slumber; Sooner than Later.

Car like this could do wonders to their portfolio & sales & showcase something that Maruti has realised now (With Kizashi Impending); to capture the other end of spectrum too which was till very recently assumed as not significant