Sign in to follow this  
ssj9neo

Please help: 7-9lack sedan

hey every one

this is my first post here on this site. heard people here are very helpful .

So basically i have to find a car for my uncle in Chandigarh,

he is selling his old baleno and he he has no idea what to buy.

his budget is around 7-9 lackh and is willing to go for a second hand if required.

well he had his eyes on Sx4 the vvt model . which seems to be a good choice but i need to know wether this new modal has any improvement over the old one.

also he is able to get an second hand optra magnum 1.6 ls for aroun 7.5 lackh . is it a good deal ?

also please suggest other cars

Don't go for the optra magnum the petrol is known for its poor FE . Well the new Sx4 is better than the older car but not by much , you can look at the city also . Try to find a second hand civic manual as Chadigarh is good roads he may not need to think of scraping the underbelly.

For around the same price u will get a new SX4 which has more features than Optra LS.Since u are considering  both the cars in the same segment(premium C),its better to go for a new one.

The main modification in new SX4 is that it has a VVT(variable valve timing)engine to comply with BS-IV norms.Power has marginally increased( i think from 102ps to 104.68ps).Other changes include a 10spoke alloy,cosmetic changes in cabin,front grill etc.

Other options would be Linea(almost same price),Manza(lesser),City(1 to 1.5lacs more).

Depends on what he wants. If he wants a driver's car then it's Fiesta. If he wants a vfm car which makes a style statement then Linea is a good choice.

However, i would suggest City, it is overpriced but it is a very good car and does almost everything well and will be very reliable too.