gaurav2587

Best car in 6-7 lac

Hi ... m lookin 4 a car in the 6-7 lac braket .... i ws looking at fiesta or aveo ... bt my running is around 45 km per day in city which makes both cars very expensive ..... so i ws lookin @ ford fusion or fiesta .. but thts streching my budget a lot .... so any suggestions????

P.S. im nt intrestd in tata indigo ....

Note From Admin: Please take time out to type properly. Use of SMS/Chat lingo is prohibited on this forum
FuelRunGod2007-11-11 19:11:55

With a running of 45kms per day. A diesel would make good sense. But unfortunately, apart from the Indigo diesel and the Logan you don't have much choice. Unless, if yo want to settle for a good diesel hatch like the Swift DDIS or the Getz CRDI.

Alternatively, you could stretch your budget and go for the Verna.

FRG
FuelRunGod2007-11-11 18:46:45

a diesel wud be good for u..... if u cant stretch ur budget and u dont mind a hatchback diesel, then look for the swift... its a smooth engine and wud give u good mileage. If a hatch-back is not to ur liking, in that range, a logan wud make sense... looks like its got a lot more space than the indigo... and the quality of parts of the tata vehicles are generally not upto the mark.

Note From Admin: Use of SMS lingo is prohibited.
FuelRunGod2007-11-11 19:11:10

I am sorry about the sms language . I think most suggestions hint towards a deisel hatch . But i already own an indica ( deisel ) so having two hatchbacks doesnt make much sence does it . any suggestions between aveo 1.4 , fiesta 1.4 , fusion 1.6 , fusion 1.4 tdci , sx4 if my usage is not a consideration ?? 

dont u think the sx4 is gonna be a little out of ur budget ??.. the fiesta 1.4 fits in ur budget but its a little under-powered.... The fusion wud be nice if u like the design, coz its not a very popular design

i currently use the indica for daily use . Nw im going to keep the car and buy a new one . Im very confused that should i go in for swift diesel and cut down the petrol bills or should i go in for a mid size car like an aveo or fiesta ( i love the interiors of aveo ) which are of a higher segment . How good is the fusion tdci ??? Is the car worth the price?? 

if you dont mind the boot space then i think the Swift VDi will be a good choice , great fuel economy packed with exceelent and decent power and pick plus an ease to dribe and handle both in city and highway,

Cheerssmiley20.gif

Hi! @45km each day one can buy petrol, go for fusion it is the most practical hatch. If you want diesel hatch then go for Getz diesels as both these car have good space and come in your budget.

@rssh: Only if you can afford to fill that much petrol. 45kms/day means 16425kms a year.

Suppose the petrol car gives 10kmpl then you would spend Rs.85,410 on petrol. Assuming petrol is Rs.52.

Now, if the diesel car gives 12kmpl then you spend Rs.52,012 on diesel. Assuming diesel is Rs.38.

Thats a saving of Rs.33,397 per year on fuel costs alone.

FRG

@ gaurav,

The SX4 will go a good choice rather than going for the aveo or the Fiesta as the same time just try the honda city exi its slighlty expensive if you cans tretch your budget then go for the city or else be greatful with the SX4,

Regards,

Priya

as you have shortlisted these three,

ford fiesta

pros

good ride and hanling

cons

fors service

expensive spare parts

chevy aveo

pros

good interiors

cons

irky gear shift

poor sales

service (dont count on the 3year service cost guarantee much)

maruthi SX4

pros

style

fuel efficient for a 1.6 litre engine(the other 1.4's will be better by about 1km only)

best pick up among the mensioned three.

very good service and cheap spares

very good resale value can be expected

spacious than the competition

great value for money.

cons

slightly less fuel efficient than the other two. (since the maintenance cost is lower, this will be compensated)

hope this was helpful

i will surely recommend you an SX4

better you test drive fiesta and sx4 and decide on them.

i wont recommend an aveo, since resale value will be much lower and reliabily issues are there with some GM cars.

hope this was helpful
i will surely recommend you an SX4
better you test drive fiesta and sx4 and decide on them.
i wont recommend an aveo' date=' since resale value will be much lower and reliabily issues are there with some GM cars.
[/quote']

Cmon man he will test drive the Fiesta , city and SX4 wont he , that will be easy for him to decide too,

Cheerssmiley20.gif