Passion

Which Multi-Utility-Vehicle to buy?

Hello everyone, I am contemplating to buy a MUV asap. I had narrowed down to Innova considering the fit/finish/reliability of TOYOTA product. Today while going through blogs and latest Autocar magazine I was enlightened with the fact that Maruti too is introducing a MUV which they intend to launch at Delhi Auto Show along with Tata Indicruz and in fact TOYOTA itself is contemplating on launching Toyota Avanza a slightly scaled down 07 seater MUV.

My query to all of you automobile aficionados is that whether should I wait further and delay my buy for Innova or should go ahead with it.

Thank you

Thread moved

Its common knowledge that Innova is the best MUV(period).

Marutis new UV would be a facelifted Versa with a new engine. How good its going to be, we will come to know after the launch only.

Tata Indicruz should also be a good product, its worth while to wait for its launch.

Avanza could be sometime away still!

Thank you born free! your message is quite conclusive, nevertheless do you really think TATA to create wonders in INDICRUZ considering the fit/finish and overall reliability still falls into questionable arena.

My query is basically I don't want to regret after buying if there is a better technology or a model available in the same price/ technical range.

Thank you!

You are welcome Passion! I would put it this way, if you have the money, buy the best & that's the Innova.

Indicruz would be a good product, no doubt about that but as you said fit/finish, reliability, etc. will only become evident after the launch. Typically Tata takes around a year or so to iron out minor niggles, if any.

Innova is a safe buy, not regrettable et all. Still Indicruz launch is just around the corner,  might as well wait to see that.

Hello everyone' date=' I am contemplating to buy a MUV asap. I had narrowed down to Innova considering the fit/finish/reliability of TOYOTA product. Today while going through blogs and latest Autocar magazine I was enlightened with the fact that Maruti too is introducing a MUV which they intend to launch at Delhi Auto Show along with Tata Indicruz and in fact TOYOTA itself is contemplating on launching Toyota Avanza a slightly scaled down 07 seater MUV.

My query to all of you automobile aficionados is that whether should I wait further and delay my buy for Innova or should go ahead with it.

Thank you[/quote']

Your choice should zero upon the Innova. Its a MPV and not a MUV.You also state that the Avanza is to be launched but ACI Dec issue highlights the fact that it will be powered by a 1.5 litre petrol motor as Toyota is not able to find a suitable sub 2.0 litre diesel to power this smaller MPV.So a diesel Avanza may take some time to reach us so now you will have the choice the Innova and the petrol Avanza. I rule out Tata Indicruz as Tata Motors after any initial launch take a lot of time to filter the problem areas and niggles that always come with any Tata car or SUV/MPV etc as a package deal.

Wait for another one month till Auto Expo.  Not that you would get any real and immediate options to your choice of Innova.  But, at least, you know what options shall be there down the lane in the next year or two.  Who knows, Toyota may even give some post-Expo benefit on Innova, if Tatas/Marutis can generate some enthusiastic response to their models.  I expect so. 

So, my suggestion is to wait for a month or two and (even then...) buy Innova if you had already made up your mind. 

Even I feel that the Auto Expo will throw some light on this discussion. The Indicruz is hi-tech with 8 on-board control units and stuff. I feel its really worth to wait for the Indicruz before you take a decision.

The Avanza needs to be virtually re-engineered to suit local tastes and a new 1.4 diesel engine will need modification of engine bay and engine mounts. So that is still a year or so away. The Maruti Versa makeover can in no way match the space or quality of the Innova but it will be a lot cheaper. btw, no talk of Xylo?

designersf2009-12-06 17:30:37

@designersf

I wanted to suggest Xylo.  But, having read the original and the first post of @passion, I find that he had already decided to buy Innova.  And, he is asking us whether he should buy it immediately or wait for some time.  So, why change his decision ?  Any day an Innova is a better product than a Xylo (even though I own a Xylo top end E8 and am fully satisfied with it as it is meeting all my needs and even exceeding them ....).   

The answer is - wait for Auto Expo even if you are willing to go for Innova.

Indicruz will be a good product and now the Tata's are trying hard to solve all the niggles initially and not to improve it afterwards, also its testing on indian and abroad roads from quite a few time so there should not be a problem, and its said to have loads of equipments and space, also the 2.2dicor should serve well. And Tata's are known for their comfort and ride quality, and expect Indigo XL type features and even more at mouth watering price.

I know its hard to beat innova in reliability and Fit and finish but still its worth the wait. Going by their current products they sure have improved, although the interior finish still needs lots of improvement, build quality wise they are now pretty good.

JUST WAIT FOR A MONTH TO GET CLEAR IDEA.

Dear Rameshbabu/bluesapphire many thanks for your input.

I have another query i.e. does it make sense to buy Innova now because I am getting some good deals.

a) Buying through CSD which gives cool a difference of 01 lakh!

B) A flat interest rate of 9.5% for 05 years valid only till 20th December 2009.

c) A notification has come out of TKM that prices would increase in January 2010.

So don't you think I could be clinching a deal.

Thanking you all in anticipation for your feedback.

Hello BornFree,

I have another query apart from all the other issues with regards to making a choice does it make sense to buy Innova now because I am getting some good deals.

a) Buying through CSD which gives cool a difference of 01 lakh! (Although this would remain next year too!)

B) A flat interest rate of 9.5% for 05 years valid only till 20th December 2009.

c) A notification has come out of TKM that prices would increase in January 2010 by 1.5-2%.

So don't you think I could be clinching a deal if I act now.

Thanking you all in anticipation for your feedback.

Indicruz will be priced around 11-13 lakhs. So getting an innova now with good discounts makes sense. Innova is there in the market for quiet a long time now and spares would be cheaper and more easily available as compared to indicruz in the begining. If your budget is tight and your heart says innova, then go for it. If you are not in a hurry, wait for the expo. Travera may be face lifted with some additional gizmos, or may be some surprise. Who knows ??smiley1.gif

Hi Passion, as of now Toyota is giving a package deal of ~50k to all Innova customers till 30th Dec.

Price rise if any will be miniscule.

Im not sure though but did hear a while back about Innova getting an Intercooler to adapt to the new Emission norms coming into effect early next year.

Also, the deals again come in when sales are low, after Auto show/ new launches, sales might come down & dicounts available but this an assumption only.

Its a tricky situation, you would have to decide on whether you want a discount or newer model(2010) or want to give Xover a try.

Indicruz will be priced around 11-13 lakhs. So getting an innova now with good discounts makes sense. Innova is there in the market for quiet a long time now and spares would be cheaper and more easily available as compared to indicruz in the begining. If your budget is tight and your heart says innova' date=' then go for it. If you are not in a hurry, wait for the expo. Travera may be face lifted with some additional gizmos, or may be some surprise. Who knows ??smiley1.gif

[/quote'] Well i dont think the Indicruz/Xover will be priced at 11-13lacs, thats too high for a Tata, afterall its not an SUV like Safari, if its targeted at innova then it should be priced between 7-11lac range max. And as its based on popular extended Vista platform there should not be any spare parts problem. If Tata want the Indicruz to be a hit, they have to price it at par or below Innova.

@Passion, regarding schemes, well i think even afterwards they will be available, the thing is that you might have to negotiate or strech them while same will not apply if you are buying now. I dont think the discounts or deals should be an issue.

@passion

Deals will continue to come. Toyota is also known to give similar deals every year on Innova and Corolla/Altis. So, that's not much to worry about. And, the CSD difference on cost is always close to 1 lakh. So, that is also not a thing to worry. In Jan, usually all producers are planning a hike of about 20,000/- or thereabout. All those who want to postpone their purchases from Nov/Dec to Jan will pay slightly more for the 2010-tag. That's not much when compared to a 11 lakh investment. If I were you, I will wait till Auto Expo and then decide.

Moreover, the rate of 9.5% is on the high side. The going rate is around 8% to 8.5% p.a for the first two years. So, the rate of interest discount is no discount at all. Moreover, if you bargain hard, you will always get better finance deals. So, forget about this interest rate discount.