creativebala

Linea / Punto to get improvements and upgrades

May be around 10L, means slightly less than that. Coz top-end can reach that level with additional features, quality improvement, etc with a T-Jet engine. OTR price around 10.25 should do decent numbers, and if quality is way better than it should do good numbers with some add-on features.

I think the price will not exceed not more then rs. 9,00,000 because still fiat is fighting for its survival ,its reputation and its name smiley18.gif .but i think if the car comes with improvements and upgrades it will do wonders to fiat

chembur has become the newest garage for unseen FIAT cars . two bravo , 1 fiat 500 (abrath) not sure but the alloys and bumpers where completely different from the normal 500's in india and a couple of lineas are standing outside the fiat head office these days . These cars belong to their managers or something . will checkout if there are any t-jets

My Linea MJD Dynamic Pack is  November 2010 model. Confirmed with the Chasis Number, LPZ.

• Additional sound insulation under the firewall and sand witch type roof lining in both punto and linea diesels for further noise reduction.

• Noise level not much, my friends who have petrol cars have confirmed.

• Newly designed, more durable seat adjust leaver and bonnet opening mechanism with improved plastic quality

• No problems as such after rinning for a month & 1100 Kms with the seat height adjustment lever & bonnet opening mechanism, quality of plastics is good. 

• Tighter tolerances in interior panel gaps, especially at ignition area (punto) and door armrest (linea)

• No problem with the door arm rest, so far.

• New front seat frame in the linea, more durable which will not fall down.

• No problem with the Seat height adjustment. It remains the same as I set it.

• Improved AC blower, told to be less noisy.

• As such the noise from the blower is normal.

• Modified "my car 2" settings in emotion models (punto and linea) and dynamic (linea) models, more user friendly and easy to configure.

• Mine is a Dynamic version & "My Car 2" is user friendly.

• FIAT has already started upgrading based on the customer feed backs.

• smiley32.gif

My Linea MJD Dynamic Pack is  November 2010 model. Confirmed with the Chasis Number' date=' LPZ.[/quote']

We can't agree more Naren, Fiat is about to bring these changes around April 2010 and you have got a Nov' 10 model, so it has to be perfect.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Just Jokking dude

Is the Punto Sport coming? Why give it just a 1.4 90bhp? It needs the T-Jet to make India's best hot hatch

My guess 90hp MJD VGT & TJet on Sports Punto

Naaa....... it's the same 1.4 petrol with a makeover!

Fiat India showed a nice mix of vehicles lined up for their Indian debut on day 2 of the 2010 Auto Expo. Fiat unveiled the 110 bhp turbo-petrol Linea, to overcome its power deficit compared to rivals like the Honda City. The new turbo petrol might be a a couple of bhp down on power, when compared to the City, but it more than makes up for the power deficit with 55 more torques compared to the City. There were also a couple of Puntos on show. The most important of them being the one with the Linea's 90 bhp, 1.3 diesel. Fiat also showcased a CNG-petrol flex fuel variant of the Punto and some interesting design editions.  

Linea 1.4 T-Jet Petrol:

_mg_6348.jpg
Fiat Linea Dual Logic

Price: Rs. 9.4 lakh (On-Road). It will be available only in the top-end Emotion trim.
Launch: Q1, 2010.
Engine Specifications: Petrol (l4) 1.4L 16V Turbo Jet (T-Jet).
Displacement: 1368cc
Max. Power: 110 bhp @ 5000rpm
Peak Torque: 200 Nm @ 2500rpm
Timed, Sequential Electronic Multi-Point Fuel Injection
5-speed, Dualogic semi-automatic gearbox.
Rivals: Honda City, Toyota Etios sedan, Maruti Suzuki SX4, Ford Fiesta 1.6 Petrol

_mg_6377.jpg

Grande Punto Sports: 1.3 Multijet90

_mg_6284.jpg

Price:
Rs. 6.5 lakh (On-Road). It will be available only in the top-end Emotion trim.
Engine Specifications: 1.3-litre Multijet diesel with variable geometry turbocharger. (same as the Linea),  
Max Power: 90 bhp @ 4000rpm
Peak Torque: 205 Nm @ 1750rpm 
Rivals: Maruti-Suzuki Swift, Toyota Etios hatchback, Maruti-Suzuki Ritz, VW Polo, Ford Figo, Skoda Fabia.

Grande Punto Natural Power: CNG-petrol flexi-fuel

_mg_6361.jpg

Price: Rs. 5.6 lakh (On-Road). It will be available only in the top-end Emotion trim.

Grande Punto Trendz: Limited edition design edition of the 1.2 FIRE petrol engined Grande Punto
Equipment: CD/MP3/FM audio sytem added to the list of 1.2 Active's list

_mg_6365.jpg

Motoroids

Good to see the addition of powerful variants for both GP and Linea, though I am skeptical how much they will contribute in the sales. The ANHC V-MT is 9.6 OTR IIRC, and almost equally equipped and powered SX4 is 1.5 lakhs less.

Also the FE of T-Jet is very less so that does not shift the balance in Linea's favour either.

Regarding GP, its straight in the pricing of i20 CRDi Asta which does not help it either.

CNG powered variant might bring some sales though.

Also the FE of T-Jet is very less so that does not shift the balance in Linea's favour either.

So you own a Linea Tjet???? Obviously not, then how can a person decide and verdict about the FE of a car not even driven by him....You must have read some review..if yes, then please pass on the link of it to me. I have seen it written nowhere that Tjet is a fuel guzzler. Infact, Tjet is a torquey engine therefore one just needs to ride the torque , implying much better fuel economy than any other sedan in competition.

Just liked the lovely Golden yellow, introductory 'MATIZ-like' shade of the 1.2 Trend Version of the GPunto.

But what made me feel happier & glad inside myself is the 1.3l, 90bhp VGT diesel engined Sports Punto, now with much improved interiors-just check its Panel gaps around the Steering console shroud,horizontal red beading on its Dashboard,etc.(might pose a headache for i20 diesel & its colleagues)

Rest, it seems that Fiat has also banked good on to the gorgeous models too posing with their cars(Really a tough job-as usually the latter ones overshadows them most of the times).