romeo_159

Used car within 8 lakhs

Hi,

I am currently residing in Mangalore and my weekly driving is around 300 km which is split as 100 km for the first 5 days and 200km of highway driving on the weekends. The roads around here are very bad and it's a mix of straight and hilly roads. I need a car with good ground clearance and good ride quality. My budget is around 6 lakhs but i can stretch it upto 8 lakhs (on road) provided it makes a lot of sense. The following are in my consideration set:

Used Cars:

1. Fiat Adventure

2. Hyundai Elantra Crdi

3. Ford Fusion petrol

4. Chevrolet Optra 1.6

5. Baleno???

Have i missed any other car which is better?

My heart is really tilted towards the Elantra Crdi having driven my dad's. I love it's power, ground clearance, ride and the fact that it's a diesel. 

If not any among these, any other new or used car which meets my requirements better? Can I get a used Pajero (say a 10 year old) in my budget? Would that make sense if I say i will keep it for only two years or so?

I know those are lot of questions but you know how confused i am!!!!

if your running is low and want to go in for a petrol car then you could do with the New SX4 ZXi  or if it is deisel you want then look at Fiesta Deisel EXi or the Fusion Diesel , but note Ford are expensive in servicing and spare parts so i think if you are going in for the Diesel better go ahead with VErna by paying some extra bucks and it will make it a good buy,

Cheerssmiley20.gif

I really appreciate your suggestions.

But actually, I would prefer to go for a used car because new cars mean a double whammy of paying interest on a rapidly depreciating asset smiley19.gif.  

Any comments on the cars in my shortlist? Especially the Elantra and the Adventure. Adventures come cheap and i can actually use the spare cash in filling it up. What say?

why dont you try in for the Accent CRDi or a used Fiesta Diesel,

In mangalore the 2006 EXi used fiesta  comes around 6.5 -7 lacs aprox.

And accent CRDi will come for around 5.5 -6.5 lacs for 2004 - 05 models,

Please do not consider the Adevnture !!
mndvishnu2007-11-11 20:30:24

why dont you try in for the Accent CRDi or a used Fiesta Diesel' date='

In mangalore the 2006 EXi used fiesta  comes around 6.5 -7 lacs aprox.

And accent CRDi will come for around 5.5 -6.5 lacs for 2004 - 05 models,

Please do not consider the Adevnture !!
[/quote']

I quite like the Feista diesel, but it doesnt have enough clearance. Iwould consider the logan as couple others suggested but i found it a tad underpowered, especially driving up inclines and all.

Guys' any idea how much should i pay for a well maitained say 2 year old Scorpio?

@ romeo

I think it will be better for you to have a look at for a used accord(2003) , the Hondas are a strong cars and are best for Long term use and not much of depriciation after you buy the used car , i am sure you to will fall i lovve with the used HONDA accord!,

Regards,

Priya

@ romeo

I think it will be better for you to have a look at for a used accord(2003) ' date=' the Hondas are a strong cars and are best for Long term use and not much of depriciation after you buy the used car , i am sure you to will fall i lovve with the used HONDA accord!,

Regards,

Priya
[/quote']

He he smiley1.gif i had though of that.... i was even looking at an older accord... the ones first launched in India..... but there are some rules in the corporate worlds you see.... you cant have a car above two classes above your boss' smiley4.gif

smiley20.gif

@ romeo

I think it will be better for you to have a look at for a used accord(2003) ' date=' the Hondas are a strong cars and are best for Long term use and not much of depriciation after you buy the used car , i am sure you to will fall i lovve with the used HONDA accord!,

Regards,

Priya
[/quote']

He he smiley1.gif i had though of that.... i was even looking at an older accord... the ones first launched in India..... but there are some rules in the corporate worlds you see.... you cant have a car above two classes above your boss' smiley4.gif

Hmm i too think the Accord used car will be best suitable for you , hmm i dono about the corporate rules but still the Acoord of your will be used car and how can it affect your bosses , ok i think you are really in love with the Elantra CRDi , i wont stop you from going in to it but only thing is that it looks outdated but overall is good at for the Price tag of 6 lacs i think it will be good,

CHeers

Go for the Innova, dude. But the only problem might be that very few people might want to part with one, considering that they are such good vehicles... no problems at all, and you can still make a style- cum- luxury statement with one.

Remember: "Many roles, One car"- Toyota Innova.

@ romeo

Regards,

Priya
[/quote']

honda accord and 1200 km per month will make you poorer by atleast 5000 BUCKS

Hi there,

I am sure you can get a Skoda,Corolla or Civic 3-4years old car with about 35000-50000 Km under the hood for about 6-7 lakhs.

Try delhi if you can come down here and drive back .Also try many of the online sites for used cars on you budget.SOme sites are:

1.Sulekha .com

2.www.carwale.com

and there is another new company whose add keeps coming on TV.I am forgetting the name but would be great if someone could point out the name, it has pretty decent adds.

Hope this helps

Hi there' date='

I am sure you can get a Skoda,Corolla or Civic 3-4years old car with about 35000-50000 Km under the hood for about 6-7 lakhs.

Try delhi if you can come down here and drive back .Also try many of the online sites for used cars on you budget.SOme sites are:

1.Sulekha .com

2.www.carwale.com

and there is another new company whose add keeps coming on TV.I am forgetting the name but would be great if someone could point out the name, it has pretty decent adds.

Hope this helps
[/quote']

The Skoda and Corola you may get for this range but not CIVIC and its just 2 yrs since its been launched

the corola will be the beter buy

regards,

priya