shekar

Tata Indigo Dicor Belt Problem

I purchased a tata indigo dicor 1 year ago.

Heating, alternater belt and belt sound is a stable problem in my car since last one year. I m so disturbed by this car... this was my dream car but unfortunatly my decision was wrong. I trust tata and tata make me headache only... belive me i think when i drive my cat that i m driving a tractor not a luxry car...

During my 20000 kilometers , the alternate belt has been replaced 4 times.

There are times we have travelled in rented car for fear of my car getting stopped suddenly in the road.

one day while driving to bangalore, due to the belt problem the following problems occured.

1. power windows stopped working.
2. check engine light started glowing
3. ac stopped working
4. horn stopped
5. belt sound became very high
6. very very low pulling.

Luckily the car stopped nearly 10 mts away from authorised service station.

Now a new problem has started from the last one month. While driving in constant speed  ( without touching the clutch and accelator at fixed level )  the RPM raise from 2000 to 5000 all of a sudden ( witin 1 second )

I learnt from the service persons that the alternate belt is sopposed to be changed very frequently in dicor engine and nothing can replace the problem permanantly.     can i go to consumer court?

Please help me ......... at shekarmail@indiatimes.com

An alternator belt change every 5K km's is ridiculous!

I would suspect the pulleys that drive the belt. One (or more) of them is faulty/misaligned causing abnormal belt failure.

The Belt Squeal Problem is present in every Indigo with DiCOR Engine. Even our Indigo XL Grand DiCOR bought in May 2007 has this problem.

I changed the Belt around 9-10 times in 97,000+kms.

Indigo comes with a Warranty of "18 months/Unlimited Mileage".

Since your car is still in Warranty, ask the Dealer to replace the Complete Belt Drive Assembly (The Pulleys, The AC Compressor Belt, The Alternator Belt, and other related Parts) FREE OF COST. If he does not agree, threaten him to complain to the Tata Customer Care and Consumer Forums. Still if he does not agree, complain to Tata Customer Care and see if they force your dealer to replace the Parts WITHIN WARRANTY FREE OF COST. If the Dealer still does not provide you required help, complain in the Consumers Forum.

Please get all the parts related to the Belt Drive System REPLACED WITHIN WARRANTY FREE OF COST.

Hey buddy, if the RPM shoots up from 2000 to 5000, get the Fuel Injectors checked and cleaned up. I had Fiat Siena ( Fiat in my point of view is not much different from TATA in terms of parts quality ) and it used to start revving automatically and that too to high RPMs. And I had to press the accelerator once to bring it back. There was a problem with the fuel injectors. Some clogging had taken place. I got them cleaned, a special machine is used for that. It took me 5 hours to get the job done and 900 bucks.

Revert back.

Fiat in my point of view is not much different from TATA in terms of parts quality.
I don't think that Fiat's Parts' Quality is as Poor as Tata. Fiat is much better than Tata.

An Example.

I replaced the Low Beam Headlight Bulb Left Side two times and I used both the bulbs which came with the car (in the Glovebox).

Then I could not get the Bulb (H7 55W) at the Local Tata Dealer (Solapur).

Then i had to go to Pune for some work. I bought H7 55W Bulb at Pandit Automotives' date=' Tilak Road, Pune.

I got the Bulb in the carton of Fiat (Not Tata). And now the Bulb is Working Fine.

This is Difference between Fiat and Tata Quality.

There was a problem with the fuel injectors. Some clogging had taken place.

My Friend, you have given the answer yourself. The Injectors can get Blocked (Clogged) due to Adulterated Fuel also. So how could you curse Fiat Quality instead of Petrol Quality.

Edit:

The car in Question is Tata Indigo XL Grand DiCOR.
BornFree2009-12-11 12:42:17