smiley5.gifIf any one is going in for seat covers, pl. do not buy.

I bought genuine hyundai seat cover for my santro glsAT and ended up in not using the same due to the ability of the seat cover to generate heat, even though the a/c is on.CYRUS432009-12-08 11:02:56

Strange !! Seat covers generating heat ?? Do you keep your car in the sun for long hours ?? Seat covers become hot if you park under the sun for long hours.

After that do not switch on the ac immediately, let the car reach an optimal temperature or switch it on in low fan speed with front windows having 2inch gap. See if it is making any differncesmiley1.gif

Well said @sgiitk.

I am also against using any seat covers. I did not put any covers in my Xylo E8 since taking delivery in Feb'09. Instead, I use high quality turkish towels on the four captain seats seats primarily to avoid dust and any spillages. Same is the case with my Esteem.

There are times when I also feel the need of getting seat covers. Its actually when others are using the car because not everyone takes care using a car.

Then there are times when one can't say no to people wanting to eat/drink inside the car!

To begin with i am unable to comprehend what the originator of this thread wants to convey about heated or cooled seats??smiley3.gif

Yes Bornfree thats what makes me dread  exposing the original fabric and to only preserve it i prefer seat covers.

My other friends do have a point here when they say that the contours and the fabric of the original seats need to be used to our advantage.

The first thing I do after buying a car is to get fitted mats and seat covers both just as an insurance for the carpet (indeed the manufacturers must provide mats as OE to protect the carpet) and the original seat fabric respectively.

anjan_c20072009-12-08 14:44:57

There are times when I also feel the need of getting seat covers. Its actually when others are using the car because not everyone takes care using a car.

Then there are times when one can't say no to people wanting to eat/drink inside the car!

Even I agree with BF.

Thats the reason we have put Seat Covers on both of our Indigos. Our Vehicles are used in Dusty Conditions and the Occupants too dont bother to care about the Seats.

but I have one problem with Seat Covers in our older Indigo LS. Whenever I get out of the car after sitting inside the car for sometime and if accidently I touched the Metal Body of the car, the Static Electricity generated in my body gets discharged through the car's body and I Get A Minor Electric Shock.smiley3.gifsmiley3.gif

None of the Occupants other than me gets This Electric Shock.

Is there any way to Discharge the Static Electricity generated within me to avoid the Electric Shock?

Off-Topic

BF, I did not get it properly. Is this you want to say--

Remove the Key from the Ignition and make the End of the Key Touch the Body of the Car.

But I did not understand one thing--

How would the Static Charges get earthed when I am holding the Plastic part of the Key while making the Metal End (of the Key) Touch the Body of the car?

Well I saw the Hyundai i10 sportz with red sportz package and the leather seats provided will get really very hot in our climate .I am in 2 minds whether to get seat covers or not.

@Sudeep

Yea Even i have noticed this on many cars including Mercs.

I think this happens due to the temperature difference and even depends on the material of ur seat cover.

"None of the Occupants other than me gets This Electric Shock."

this may be because you have already discharged the static electricity generated on the cars body n urs hence the cars body is neutralised already before others touch the car body

@Sudeepd

"None of the Occupants other than me gets This Electric Shock."

this may be because you have already discharged the static electricity generated on the cars body n urs hence the cars body is neutralised already before others touch the car body.

I meant to say when other people drive the car and touch the body of car, they dont get "Shock". Only when I drive the car and touch the body of car, I get "Shock".

How is the Static Energy getting discharged in case of other people?
sudeepd2009-12-13 06:18:16

Well in that case.. it may be something which u wear.

Many time when I wear synthetic clothes I experience this.

In malls too I have experienced this specially after a few min of walking.

Well if we need a perfect answer we will have to post it in some sci fi forum

smiley36.gif

smiley5.gifIf any one is going in for seat covers' date=' pl. do not buy.

I bought genuine hyundai seat cover for my santro glsAT and ended up in not using the same due to the ability of the seat cover to generate heat, even though the a/c is on.[/quote']

IF you have bought rexine or PU or artificial leather seat covers, they will definitely generate heat but if they are of fabric, they should not be doing so. And next time don't buy seat covers for a new car they are just a waste of money, enjoy the orignal seats.