anijog

To choose what?

Hi guys,

need your comments My CBZ is due for replacement.

Now I have shortlisted the Yamaha FZ-16, The Pulsar 220 Dts-i and the bullet 350.

Now my riding will be limited to city. I want a comfortable bike with good handling and decent mileage.

cost wise the Fz-16 is 73,000 the 220 is in the 80K range and the 350 will be additional 5K over 80K what I feel FZ 16 would be ideal, what is your take?

I too feel FZ16 would be ideal for you from the list. Why can't you add CBZ Xtream, GS150 and Unicorn to the list and test drive all of them?

As you already have a bike, take time to choose the right bike for you (In other words, give some time for the right bike to pick you).

soundar.d.gr82009-12-08 10:20:02

Go for the P220 as it has the power , FE ,comfort and is now a VFM package .Why are you picking a bike from different segments . The bullet is comfy for highways and in city you need to take care of it just as one takes care of 800 etc because it is bulky

Both the FZ 16 and Pulsar 220 are excellent buys.The FZ 16 is well built and engineered, has finesse and is a Yamaha after all.But its a 150 cc bike and runs out of breath when competing against the P 220.ACI had also carried out a road test just a few months ago.

The P 220 is a solid performer but is a Bajaj and very Indian. It is the carburetted version of the previous EFI model and that has reduced its price in the FZ 16 territory.

Think of buying a Bullet only if you are a Bullet fan or else that bike is not very practical to own these days due to its heavy all metal body, niggles,need for TLC all the while and so on.But owners who swear by the Bullet won't like anything else.

anjan_c20072009-12-08 14:53:55

FZ is the best choice for city driving for its outstanding handling &  manoeuverability. Am in chennai, did 3k th my FZ. am getting 45 in clustered city traffic. Go for it

Thanks a lot guys, I was stuck on the FZ the majority have voted in its favor too! great news indeed, will shortly be riding it!

I agree that the FZ will be nippy in urban traffic with 2 bhp more than the CBZ will help in weaving out off traffic, with Pune traffic chaos it will be a boon.

Also i tested the bike, after being used to the old bike riding a new bike with light clutch, throttle response sharper discs and supple suspension is a pleasure.