coolboy007

Linea Clutch Slave Cylinder Recall?

Clutch Slave Cylinder changed

I came to know from a friend and online forums that FIAT is changing clutch slave cylinder, herein referred to as CSS in all Linea and Puntos from original batches.

This was a redesigned part which costs 2500 Rs and it helped in making gearshifts smoother+ Fiat had some doubts over its reliability.

Talked to ABS motor work mgr yest and went in with my friend (again a 1.4 Linea) and entered SVC around 10:30 AM, he estimated deliery time 3:30 which was damn too much. I asked Mr Ashok Malik (work mgr) to hurry and he immediately deployed a mechanic for the job.

By 12 job was done and car was taken for a TD, he said to get the gate pass made but i waited for my friend who had some issues with rattle and squeaks. By 1:30 i exited after getting work done, they said they will "Wash" the car but i said let it be, am in a hurry. My ASC always offers a free wash whenever i go there smiley1.gif

1. The clutch feels a tad smoother than before and my stalling problem as minimised a lot.

2. The gearbox now feels slick and not notchy, the gears go in and slot nicely with a lot of feedback.

The ASC charged me 75 for Brake Fluid which others arent charging. Some brake fluid is drained when removing CSS.

All in all, again a good experience at TASS- 9/10.

My Linea is now even more smoother.

Yesterday, I contacted Concorde Motors in this connection.  My Fiat Linea has VIN code of JPZ - Sep 09 make.  They verified and informed me that my Fiat Linea does not require CSC replacement as it is already fitted with the modified one. 

Yesterday' date=' I contacted Concorde Motors in this connection.? My Fiat Linea has VIN code of JPZ - Sep 09 make.? They verified and informed me that my Fiat Linea does not require CSC replacement as it is already fitted with the modified one.? [/quote']

New batch Lineas dont require this change as they come pre fitted with modified part.

Guys, no need to panic, dont rush to SVC with it, whenever you visit your ASC for any issue, tell them to check your chasis no and if required change the CSS. I am going for a long trip to Himachal next month so changed it in advance.

I may not call it a full fledged recall because its no security or reliability concern i think. I have never seen anyone barring one guy complaining of his clutch. I have done 7000 kms on earlier CSS and 0 issues smiley1.gif

The clutch has become very light, loads of diff in gearshift quality too as i did 100 kms after CSS change.

Kudos to FIAT, they are handling it very professionally and 1 mechanic was deployed who quickly removed the CSS and reinstalled new one, they say FIAT trained that guy.

Nice that they are not quietly putting new good parts in newer Lineas and depriving us earlier Lineans from it.

Whatever is changed for good should be changed for earlier customers too especially things which change the feel of clutch and gearbox.

The part costs 2500 Rs without tax smiley3.gif

Thanks Coolboy for informing me about it via SMS and soon I will contact ASC for the same. Also thanks for review after change of part.

Cartoos,

Anytime Sirji smiley1.gif .

You can get it changed anytime, they did the work in flat 1.5 hours or so. Also this time they were trained in changing CSS unlike seat assembly change.

Concorde have not intimated me about the CSS change. Should i contact the TASS?

Is it Ashwin from Tbhp?

Concorde is the worst service centre i have ever heard of or seen their service support.

My Linea was FEB manufactured and it needed CSS replacement, VahanPujari's Linea is March mfr and when i talked to him he said his car is also in CSS replacement list.

Talk to VST motor and ask them, most prolly your Linea is also in CSS change list.

This is an improvement part from FIAT and they are changing it to make clutch lighter and believe me gearbox characteristics have changed a lot.

mine is Punto Active petrol September  manufacturing date but I also face this stalling problem. it seems I found why this stalling occur. I should change to upper gears soon. Like I should go for 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th gears at speeds 10, 15,35,45 Km/h respectively and if I go for 3rd gear after 30 Km/h the vehicle is stalling like a ball has fell in a curved cup. Now I use this criteria to change gears. And the feel of each gear is different. And the gears are too hard so also the clutch is too tight. Should I also go for CSS change even if my vehicle is Sep made

mine is Punto Active petrol September  manufacturing date but I also face this stalling problem. it seems I found why this stalling occur. I should change to upper gears soon. Like I should go for 2nd' date=' 3rd, 4th, and 5th gears at speeds 10, 15,35,45 Km/h respectively and if I go for 3rd gear after 30 Km/h the vehicle is stalling like a ball has fell in a curved cup. Now I use this criteria to change gears. And the feel of each gear is different. And the gears are too hard so also the clutch is too tight. Should I also go for CSS change even if my vehicle is Sep made
[/quote']

Call your dealer and ask him this question they will let you know the exactly.

Fiat is doing their best may be some dealers are not.

Get back here in the forum after you have called the dealer.

Concorde have not intimated me about the CSS change. Should i contact the TASS?

Ashwin,

I agree with Coolboy. Concorde seems to be the worst & you kept on sticking to it inspite of their silly mistakes earlier. Change it imdtly to VST or other TASS.

Yes, your Linea must be in list of CSS change as its March mfd. I'll be getting mine changed as soon as I find time

We purchased Linea recently and I believe the car was out of the factory in Oct 09. Can we check this ourselves or contact the service station? If need to contact them, what details I need to keep in hand?

We purchased Linea recently and I believe the car was out of the factory in Oct 09. Can we check this ourselves or contact the service station? If need to contact them' date=' what details I need to keep in hand? [/quote']

Just call TASS & give them your VIN NO. & ask them if your car VIN no. is there in the list for CSS change. Most proably it won't be as its Oct'09 mfg car.

Where can I find the VIN No.?
Lift the floor mat in the boot. You'll find a metal plate with VIN near spare wheel

In Fiat Linea, VIN has also been embossed on the floor of the front co-passenger.  Just lift the mat to see the embossed VIN.