preeks

Mileage of i10 kappa 1.2

Dear Friends,

This is to discuss the mileage of  i10 kappa 1.2.  Hyundai Motors claims a mileage of 17 km/lit ...My vehicle - i10 Asta 1.2 ( manual ) -  has run 375 kms.. I am getting a mileage of only 10.01 km / lit on city driving with 25% A/C

Other owners, please share your experience..

FE increases after 2500 to 3000km run. All claimed FE are based on tests that are conducted in ideal driving conditions. You should get a FE of 12-13kmpl in city and 15-17kmpl on highways which should increase after 3000km.

How are you calculating FE? Do a full tank-empty tank calculation and then check.

Hi Preeks,

I own an i10 asta, automatic. Done 4000kms till date. I get,

In city -- 12 to 13 kms a litre 60% AC on

Highway -- 16 to 18.5 kms a litre 60% AC on

FE calculated by full tank method.

Can anyone let me know what is the correct benchmark for i10 Automcatic variant?

What a dramatic change ?!

Driven 275 km on from Delhi to Chandigarh and obtained a mileage of  14.73 km / lt ( 25% AC )..Speed was 80 to 100 kmph most of the time. The car has run 1325 km.

I hope the mileage would further improve after the first service ( 1st service booked on 23rd Jan with Hyundai Motor Plaza, New Delhi ).

Dear Amiti

I am a bit disappointed about the mileage of my  i10 Asta ( Manual ).. I am getting around 9 km/lit in city with 50% AC and 14.75 km/lit on highway with 25% AC. HMIL says the mileage will increase after 3000 km. Is it correct? what is your expereince? My car has run 1600km and  I am giving for 1st  service during this week-end.

Unnikrishnan

preeks,

I am also getting similar mileage for my i10 Magna (1.2), a little better smiley1.gif

City ~ 10.5 with 90% AC

Highway ~ 15.5 with 90% AC.

My car has covered around 2100 kms and due for 2nd service in March.Have u faced any other problems with ur i10?

Dear preeks and yamboy911,

Regarding i10 Manual -- My cousin is also facing similar issue. He has driven @ 4000 kms now and completed only first servicing. He stated that in city he gets @ 10-11 with 90% AC, however on highway he gets @ 17-18 with 50% AC.

Regarding my i10 Automatic -- I am regularly monitoring my mileage. Only when I drove from showroom to my house and there after for 2-3 days it gave me 10.5 with 50% ac in city. After that till date the mileage is 13.5 with 60% AC in city and on highways it is 18-18.5 with 50% ac. My car is an automatic, asta with sunroof. However somewhere I read that the odometer in i10 is +3. This might be the reason for slightly more mileage figures. I have driven 4300 kms till date.

Myth -- The myth is that the mileage will increase after 2nd servicing. This isnt true as the engines are conditioned after they are assembled. This should not make any difference in modern cars.

Now the problems -- Only two problems I face with my car,

1. Skinny tyres -- Planning to change it to 185/60 R14 with alloys -- Still confused about the correct upgrade. Are you guys planning for same?

2. There is no immobilizer in my car and the dealer has no clue about it.

Rest I am happy about my car.

yamboy,

I simply hope that fuel efficiency will improve after 3000 km.

Other problems with my  i10 -

reverse and first gear are not smooth. Sometime I hear a noice while shifting to reverse.

Seat belt warning sign doesnt work.

So much of issues with a new car ! I dont understand why such a car is being sold out in huge numbers.

I am planning to exchange the car for a new Ritz Diesel ( with ABS ). But i am a bit hesitant since the depreciation will be very high ( more than 1 lakh ). I will use this for 1 year and dispose it off.

@Amiti

Normally FE of automatic cars is less than that of manual cars. That means you are getting excellent mileage. Congrats.

Three weeks back,my car's power window wiring got damaged due to short circuit. Hyundai dealer replaced it 3 days back. Other than that no other major issue. I am not feeling confident with the i10's break. what about u guys? I think i10 is a good city car but not the best small car for highway ride.

Yamboy

Here I disagree. Breaking in my vehicle is excellent. I dont know whether it is because of  ABS ( mine is Asta ) . I have breaked and stopped the vehicle in less than 2 feet ( while driving at 80 kmph ). ( a two wheeler motorist was saved ).

Another problem with i10 is the poor light, which i forgot to mention ..

yes,may be the diffrence is due to the ABS, b'cos one of my friend is also having same problem with the break of i10 Magna. Regarding the light, even the hyundai sales person asked me to change the bulbs before taking delivery smiley36.gif

Dear All,

I agree with preeks over breaking. Its due to the ABS that we get confidence in breaking for i10. I also agree with light issue. However confused over the bulbs to fit as it would also disturb the factory settings.

In my opinion to lower the price of i10, hyundai has fitted some cheap parts, skinny tires and low density lights.  Other wise the car is good to drive in city as well as highways.

If normal "braking"(amiti/yamboy and preeks-- spell check) is problem check your pads and rotors for any damage. Also see whether tires are misaligned.

Try to drive with the low beam in city and adjust the level of the lamps(it comes with a leveling device i guess). If you still have issues with it, better switch to 100/90w lamps with proper relays(roots/mico) and ceramic holders. Get your headlamps adjusted from Hyundai Service by professionals. 

@sgiitk: Thank your for your advice and comment. Do you think that the fuel efficiency would improve after 2nd service? I am getting only 10 km /lit in city ( the car has run 1800 km  )

@sbalto: Thank you for your advice. Any idea about the cost of this?

Note from MOD: This is how you should post. Avoid multiple posts

sgiitk2010-01-25 06:30:43

Do you think that the fuel efficiency would improve after 2nd service? I am getting only 10 km /lit in city ( the car has run 1800 km  )

Talking of fuel efficiency before a vehicle has done 3000-5000km has no real meaning. It should improve till you have done 5000 to even 8000 km.

Hello.I have red your post Look my friend. Car mileage is not only depends upon AC.You have just driven 375km only.The companies always claim the mileage according to the highway.375km means you bought a new car and new car always gives low mileage.after 2500-3000km.check your mileage again i am sure it will increase.

hello preeks,

Few days back I took my friend's  i10 to pondicherry from chennai. I got an overall efficiency of 16kmpl with 90% time AC on, 5 people on board, and the drive was 300 km to-and-fro including around 60km of city ride.

I think dat's a pretty good figure considering the car was relatively new with around 17k's on odo, which means it has just completed it's run-in period.

I drove rather moderately, ie. with an avg speed of 90km/hr. I have got a feeling that you are riding clutch while driving. If you are into that habbit, improving on that will let you really get those FE figures increase considerably..smiley2.gif

Philips Rally 100/90w H4 (motorised) costs Rs130' date=' A roots/mico relay will be around Rs250. Ceramic holders Rs30 each. So total cost would be around Rs(2X130)+(250)+(2X30)+100 labour =Rs 670. 

[/quote']

OT: Dear sb_alto, motorised H4 bulb? I am unaware of this technology. What are the benefits? Could you explain me in detail?