creativebala

New Wagon R in Mar '10

Maruti is preparing for a slew of launches in 2010.  The new omni called Eco, Swift with 1.2L petrol engine, new WagonR and SX4 diesel.  

The new WagonR maruti_wagonR_2010_1.jpg

- will hit the showrooms by March 2010

- will be based on the same platform

- lot of changes would make it lookalike a new generation car. 

- will be powered by Bharat IV compliant 998cc KB series engine developing 67PS(50KW) of maximum power at 6200rpm and 90Nm of maximum torque at 3500rpm (exactly the same engine which powers the Maruti A-star). 

- will roll out a CNG variant of the new WagonR.

- will get styling changes both in exterior and interior

(include an all new headlamp, new front fascia, new tail lamp styling, new instrument panel & new dual tone interiors)

- will also come with ABS and airbags. 

Inspite of these changes, a major portion of the car basically looks like a `bread box'.  Specially, the B and C pillars and the side profile.  However,

the front looks much better now.  The good numbers that the current model

is generating will certianly increase with this new style car, with a better engine and better exteriors and interiors.

Well the above wagon R is totally different and bigger in size, so we might not get the same one, but MSIL might try to make it similar to this in looks especially front.

For interiors i am not hoping too much from MSIL.

The only i car which is hate to the limits and above is WagonR, i have not hated any car so much. Yukkk is the word, i wont keep even for free. My hatred increased with the increase in sales of this car especially with competitors like Santro and Spark which are atleast 100times better than this Dabbabluesapphire2009-12-15 10:22:44

Anything other than the present will look good. The present Wagon R has started to look real boring. Hope they spruce up the interiors too.

Yes DD, I also feel the same. The first model of Wagon R was looking much better than the current one with the face of a monster. This ugly frontal design is exclusive for India. I have never seen such a horrible looking Wagon R anywhere else in the world. The new model shown in Bala's post is looking good and resembles more to the first model launched in India.

The car in picture seems to be the latest generation Wagon R.

If Maruti could launch the same car in India, it would be a large success, taking the huge Brand Recall the Wagon-R possesses. The New wagon R should not be a mere face-lift of the existing car.

The car in picture has nice side profile, when compared to existing Wagon R.

according to me its very ugly n boring design,now its looking more boxy than the current one on sale,its just horrible,will be sold only due to lots of space n maruti brand name else it would be a failure like the initial estillo.the second upgraded wagonr was the best(the one with clear lense head lamp) n the primea was its best limited edition in the wagonr family,it was really eye catching,else other limited editions were just horrible with horrible sticker jobs..