the bikophobic

Want new small car,suggestions needed

hi!!!,my frnd wants to get a small car,he shortlisted these-

1. a-star zxi

2.i 10 sport

3.spark lt

4.or a 2nd hand wagon-r

i suggest him to go for the a-star bcoz of its teeth filled featuressmiley4.gif,wat abt u?? plz suggest me as early as possible,bcoz he has to get it at december end..

if i10 suggested should he go for the 1.2 kappa or the irde version nd wats the price difference btween kappa sports nd irde sports??

The Spark is decent looking and well engineered car which comes at a real value for money price. Ask your friend to test drive it once along with all others before he decides.

If he finds the space in A-Star all right he should go for the A-Star. Else i10 is the one he should go for. A second hand Wagon r is not recommended however if he can he should wait for the new Wagon r roling out in March.

A-star has all the safety features which is a huge plus IMO

rahul18102009-12-15 13:07:57

@the bikophobic

What's his budget like ? Because, he is looking at `second hand Wagon R' at the bottom level, Spart LT at entry level, and i10 & A.star at moderate level. Unless his budget is clear, it's futile to suggest anything. That's my opinion. All the new launches suggested shall be above the i10 and A.star range.   

Well to me the Beat, Figo and Micra all should fall in i10/A-star range. Figo might be priced slightly higher, but still to me thats unlikely. But Beat & Micra are in the said range for sure.bluesapphire2009-12-16 06:21:05

I still doubt, if the Beat will be a far improvement over the existing cars.

Style-wise it is a superb car, especially at the front. The car would be very comfortable too.

However, if we go by the initial test drive reports, the Space availability, interior plastic quality, Gear box, acceleration, handling, etc are below par, when we compare it to cars like i10, A-star etc.

If you will be driving the car more often with only front passengers, A-star will be the best selection. It has got plenty of travel for the front seats. Hence, the front seats could accommodate even 6feet-plus passengers more comfortably than even the i10.

Well its better built than A-star, has better ride, has better interiors(both design and quality), is more spacious and looks definately better but yes the engine is not as refined as K-series of Suzuki. But overall to me will be a better car than A-star.

actually december will be full of discounts so just cant wait.among these range the ritz n swift are the best,also the vista,but his family members have only these choices bcoz i think they like there looks :-).

the maximum budget is 4.5 lacs.want petrol car only,so no vista n ritz di.

Well you can avail good discounts on A-star, Spark and i10 1.1 irde at anytime, not only in december so wait is better.

But if he wants to go for Kappa i10 then i think he should try getting some discounts and settle for an i10 or A-star if he likes.

Spark is a good buy as its cheaper than both, has good engine, better ride and good handling too. Also its not as cramped as A-star at the back and has bigger boot than A-star.

again in settling for spark he wont get abs n airbags,which i think is really very important now a days.i think astar is best else i10 sports is really good to own,hyundai is offering discounts of abt 35,000 n further if more tried upto 38-39000 is possible.

wat abt the getz prime is it still available with the dealers,nd i think we can grt a vry excellent discounts bcoz its gonna stop now.should i tell him to check out for getz also??

Spark is real VFM.

Looks like Beat will be the talk of the country starting Jan 2010.

i10 is good car but it has light body. Its like having a cardboard wrapped around chasis. I saw a bike tearing its bumber like a cardboard.

Go for one with stronger body like Swift that you can safely use on highway too.

I would suggest the i10 any variant with the Kappa engine if thats within the budget. i 10 scores over the A star in almost every aspect. A Star is a good car technically but for the rear seat passengers its cramped.And for all it is, the i 10 has reached the no 2 slot in all India car sales (Nov 09).

Of the nine cars ranging from the 800 and A-Star in that November sales

chart, Maruti accounts for 44,549 cars [800-3040, Alto-22012,

Estilo-4165, Wagon R-12793 and A Star-2539] , while Hyundai accounts

for 21,999 cars [santro-7265 and i10-14734].

Please view the 2009 car sales figures with this link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/70666-car-sales-post-double-digit-growth-nov-maruti-leads-4.html

I liked the A Star technically when I drove one because its peppy but the seating is too low for the average height driver.Rear luggage space is at a premium. Also being a Maruti counts. But this car is'nt selling well at all.

Please also check out on this link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/68551-why-isnt-maruti-astar-selling-well.html

anjan_c20072009-12-16 17:23:19

A star is for people without kid or college people though not for my size. i10 is the one to go for or pay 30k on sportz and get the i20 magna which is a complete family car .Wait for the Beat to come.

i10 is good car but it has light body. Its like having a?cardboard wrapped around chasis. I saw a bike tearing its bumber like a cardboard

Go for one with stronger body like Swift that you can safely use on highway too.

Are you joking, i can see 2jokes here, 1. the i10 has light body and 2. the Swift has stronger body.

Well i10 has better build quality than all Maruti cars and especially when we talk about bumper i guess Swift's bumper are more delicate and are prone to damage coz of tis bigger size and light built. So anyday you cant call Swift a strong body car. I have seen many Swift's bumper hanging from either of the sides.

Dont take it personally but this is the fact.