tanmay87

Which hatchback? Edit: Jazz bought

Took delivery of Jazz today, must say it is an amazing car.

@ mods : Kindly rename the thread to It's a Honda Jazz.

I opted for Michelin tyres, the other White Jazz which was in stock had MRF tyres.

Here are some pics i took from my phone during delivery, so kindly bear with the quality of pics :

22012010128.jpg</a>

22012010129.jpg</a>

22012010130.jpg</a>

22012010127.jpg</a>

22012010131.jpg</a>

tanmay872010-01-22 18:16:27

Great buy Tanmay. I have saud it again and again that the only reason this car is not selling is because of its dimensions. Even though it has dimension of hatch it has space to rival Fiesta, and quality above it. So I feel it to be very good buy.

Congratulations and great buy.

@tanmay congrats but I think you shouldn't have bought it as now this being first honda giving discounts you will not get resale value from it ,but anyways if you have that much money and can shelved so much money on H badge then good for you .

Good choice but you should have wait as Honda dealers are now offering 40k discounts all over india without much fuss. May be your dealer is alone in state so taking benefit of that. Here in my city we have 2dealers so competition is on all Honda cars for giving best deals. Daily the dealers give ads for Civic and Jazz deals.

Its a good car, just if they correct the price or give more features, a perfect urban car, its a Big-Small car, small on outside but big on inside. Even my mother is in love with this car and probably in April or May she will buy one.

Post more pics and review.

Congrats once again.

Guys one of my friend needs help, He is contemplating.. i told him to wait for polo- good idea ?

Jazz vs fabia vs polo vs ?? punto fits in this category ?

Thanks rahul,naren,DD,rssh,bs and power.

@ rahul : I agree. We never thought we would spend so much on a hatch but we are happy with our decision.

@ rssh : I know resale won't be good but it was not a criterion because we intend to keep it for around 7-8 years and that's one of the reasons we opted for a Honda(our previous experience with City was very good).

@ bs : the problem is it's a dealer discount and the dealer here is not giving any such discounts. He only gave 10k after some pushing,additional 10k discount was available in december though but we hadn't decided then.I will surely post a review and better pics in the reader's test team section.

@ DD : You know what my Father feels the same i.e. it's a mini Innova.

Dude, Great choice. I went to TD ANHC last week. Wife walks over to Jazz and she is jazzed by the whole package and she really doesnt think its expensive. Well, the only heart breaker was Jazz doesnt have an A/T and that what she was looking at.

If there was an A/T at the current price - i would have loved to own one too.

Anyway, great buy. Enjoy your time

@ DD : Good to hear that but i don't think it will have good resale value here(even though it is a Honda) as sales have been disappointing.

As long as you love the car, that's all matter's. Disappointing sales=Exclusivity, think of it that way. It's a Honda so don't bother.

I think a second hand Jazz would acctually be a very lucrative buy considering it is the biggest hatch one can find. It also has impeccable quality and performance to offer. All these factors coupled with Honda's reputation would probably make the used Jazz have a solid price. 

Jazz in India contrary to other Honda's is likely to have a not so good residual price. The reasons for this are pretty obvious, which includes the lack luster sales performance, discounts (amounting to ~40-50k) already offered & a high price tag to begin with which needs correctoin.

No doubt, its a good(slightly overated) car but comes at a Premium which Honda is used to demanding on Indian shores. Lack of diesel & a peppier petrol do not help matters either.

Honda designs are usually futuristic but the Jazz with its super big glass house doesn't look so young. I don't want to get the feeling of sitting on dirty Indian roads & surroundings. Plus, the A.C. will have to work doubly hard to cut through the green house effect.

@ DD : Resale value was never a factor as we intend to keep it for around 7-8 years and as you said it does have exclusivity. Our previous experience with Honda was very good and i am sure Jazz would be very reliable in the long run.

@ asethi : May be, you never know. But i feel none of the premium hatches i.e. i20,punto,jazz,fabia will have good resale value as compared to the likes of swift and i10.

@ BF : I don't think it will be a problem as the A.C. is pretty good. tanmay872010-01-29 05:08:46