Durango Dude

The car to revive HM-Mitsubishi's fortunes.

Nice car but the front end is a little eccentric. I doubt if HM will actually have the guts to introduce this car in India. In case it is introduced it just might sell, like the Santro did, against all odds.

it will be failure because of its very unconventional front looks and also the rear which is again like the ritz,which as we know many people dont accept its odd rear shape,even my frnds father is not considering it to buy although he has that budget to spend.its overall shape is similar to our nano hence if this car is launched we can assume that it would be a benefit for the nano europa which might get launched in comming 3-4 yrs,also ritz would get a lot more customers,n the i would certainly fail bcoz its mitsubishi.

so i think we can say hat the mitsubishi is here only because of its pajero and montero,do you agree here everyone??

It looks very much like the Smart. Look at the wheel base it's a yawning 2400 mm and that means good space compared to its teeny weeny dimensions, though width may not be all that great. Ideal city (kei) car. When a Santro can sell why not this; it looks very modern and will look great on road in bright colors.

Problem is both HM and Mitusbishi are comatose companies who are on a 'marijuana trip' totally oblivious to ground realities. I think they seriously need to go into "rehab" and see what's happening around them; instead of bringing in Montero's, Outlander's, Evo's they must bring in the latest Lancer and kei cars like the i in order to get better visibility and sales. I think Mitsubushi should divorce HM and go it's own way, till then both of these companies will slip into deeper coma.Durango Dude2009-12-16 16:36:22

I agree with you totally on the divorce between HM and Mitsus in India. They should plan getting the new Lancer and then think of those expensive cars they have. IMO, This car is not a looker apart from the side profile of it.

Mitsu! Bring the new Lancer please!! there are a lot of Indian small cars which would run over this car in sales charts!!

All Mitsubishi lovers please pray for its divorce with HM.

In their alliance none of the firms were benefitted actually. HM could not improve their technology or quality of products from the lessons learned from Mitsubishi. On the other side, the relation was simply suicidal for a globally renowned brand like Mitsubishi who has got good products that can do wonders in sales in the Indian market. The new Lancer is really a good model that can offer tough competition to Honda City with their diesel advantage.